Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    Yeah, and a few years ago, how many of them featured their conflict with the Avengers?
    where's the correlation between that conflict and RDJ's contract with disney?

seriously though, expect a high amount of animosity from x-men fans if this is marvel's plan. great way to launch an already limping franchise...here's to them.

BANNED

I liked the Inhumans before Marvel started making them bargain-basement mutants. They even have their own Magneto!

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I liked the Inhumans before Marvel started making them bargain-basement mutants. They even have their own Magneto!
    Who's already dead.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Who's already dead.
    We'll see how long that lasts.

Well, with Inhumans and Uncanny Inhumans, I hope the run can balance out the many characters it has.

We'll see how long that lasts.
    Meh... I'll still take the Inhumans over the mutants. The Inhuman stories seem a little more focused and aren't all over the place like the mutants are.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

The problem with the Inhuman push is that it's never really been about the Inhumans. If it was, the Inhumans that have been here forever would be everywhere. Gorgon? Wallpaper.Trident? Wallpaper. Crystal? MIA. Ahura? MIA. It's always about finding a Marvel-owned mutant analogue. It's why they just created a bunch of new characters instead of using the ones Inhuman fans already liked.

Meh... I'll still take the Inhumans over the mutants. The Inhuman stories seem a little more focused and aren't all over the place like the mutants are.
    i can't imagine why that would be.

Niffleheim

The Complex tagline: Still hating. Still fearing. X-Men Franchise Still standing
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

BANNED

So you're saying that Marvel is telling more cohesive stories with the Inhumans than the X-men? That seems like a pretty pro-complex argument.

The problem with the Inhuman push is that it's never really been about the Inhumans. If it was, the Inhumans that have been here forever would be everywhere. Gorgon? Wallpaper.Trident? Wallpaper. Crystal? MIA. Ahura? MIA. It's always about finding a Marvel-owned mutant analogue. It's why they just created a bunch of new characters instead of using the ones Inhuman fans already liked.
    Recent Marvel podcast confirmed Crystal's return, but yeah, one of the big problems is that we got so much focus on Medusa and she's not that interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    The Complex tagline: Still hating. Still fearing. X-Men Franchise Still standing
    You can be cool with what's happening to the X-men. A lot of posters are. But denying that anything is happening is silly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Recent Marvel podcast confirmed Crystal's return, but yeah, one of the big problems is that we got so much focus on Medusa and she's not that interesting.
    She's the Professor X. She doesn't need to be interesting.

I would say a lot of the outcry from fans is the reason Crystal is coming back, since by and large the Inhuman push hasn't worked.

She's the Professor X. She doesn't need to be interesting.

I would say a lot of the outcry from fans is the reason Crystal is coming back, since by and large the Inhuman push hasn't worked.
    It's funny cause Medusa used to be the tough as nails and means to an end ruler before. Now she's just kinda there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's funny cause Medusa used to be the tough as nails and means to an end ruler before. Now she's just kinda there.
    Exactly! They completely changed her personality so that she would fit in to the teacher/mentor role, like they did with Wolverine when they made him into a Professor X analogue.

I can't see why any Inhuman fan would like this.