Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default BATMAN #42 Preview/Discussion

Batman #42

Source: Nerdist

http://nerdist.com/exclusive-dc-comi...new-batmobile/

Summary: “More surprises around every corner as the all-new Batman hits the streets of Gotham City!”

after seeing the previews, i can add a new adjective to my batman vocabulary: skeptical. I'm starting to feel rather dubious about the direction they're going in with this story. But i can't believe the new batman has an action figure out already.

Bat Truck! Lol that's awesome

This is funny but I can't help but have a feeling that this should be out of cannon in a special elseworld's instead of the main Batman title. Gordon-Bats does not quite work for me and I just want to see Bruce back in the suit like right now.

Give me Bruce back already.

Fantastic Member

Looking at the contents of Batman Trades I'm thinking #46 will see Bruce returned as Batman.
    Can't think of Gordon as anything other than a gruff old seasoned Police Commissioner, so him in the Bat Suit +

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post
    Looking at the contents of Batman Trades I'm thinking #46 will see Bruce returned as Batman.
    Can't think of Gordon as anything other than a gruff old seasoned Police Commissioner, so him in the Bat Suit +
    My guess is this Mr. Bloom forces Bruce to comeback.

Fantastic Member

^because Gordon has a pollen allergy, right ?! - sneezing in that mech-suit would be most icky.
    (not read the new issue so the above could be wrong.)

this is getting kinda sad now.
    I liked Jim Gordon more when he didn't look like Bane and wasn't trying to act like Robocop

Fantastic Member

Maybe when Bruce redons the cowl , Gordon's time will be referred to as the Gas Leak era.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

"Bat Truck" LOL I love it!

Right now Gordon's take on Batman is really awesome! It eventually occurred to me that he's a lot like Batman Beyond with the robot equipment, I still think he's very original. I trust Scott Snyder to continue to do his best and so far he did not disappoint. Can't wait to see how this story goes.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Astonishing Member

What exactly is it that people think is going to improve by having Bruce back? As written by Snyder he's largely a pugilist with a high pain threshold; under Snyder he has no wit nor charisma and really isn't much more than a vehicle to explore Gotham as interpreted by Snyder with the sole exception being Zero Year where Bruce actually felt like a character. So I could go with an extended arc of Gordon!Bats or however long it is until Snyder moves on to the next arc of his story line.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

isn't batman 46 a flashback?

Scott Snyder has done an great job with the mythos of Batman for the New 52. I really think he can be trusted in this run, even if I'm not all the way on board with the Gordon thing. I think it would be worse if he just wrote the same kind of story over and over, but Snyder is at least moving the world of Batman along through shaking up the status quo. Of course Bruce is going to return, it's only a matter of time, so I'll just enjoy this kind of wacky, but entertaining take of Batman while it lasts.

Spectacular Member jdmorris1124's Avatar

I understand the want for Bruce to be back but why can't we just sit back and enjoy this story. It's still a Bruce Wayne/Batman story. It's just another twist adding to the great history of the character (and adding to Gordon's character as well). I can't imagine the hate if the internet existed back when Knightfall happened. You knew Bruce was coming and Jean-Paul wasn't going to be THE Batman in the long run. This is similar with a different twist.