Extraordinary Member

Default Wonder Woman: War of the Gods getting reprinted

Not official since it's just an amazon listing but Wonder Woman: War of the Gods

Incredible Member

The Perez version? Will they be including all the various tie-in issues too?

I have a hard time imagining this will sell well...I tracked down the 4 issue mini series and some of the tie-in books, but it wasn't exactly a strong story.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

At that price, I'm guessing it'll be the 4 issue mini, plus WW #'s 58-61. Maybe 62.

I'd rather see a second Perez Omnibus, but I'll take whatever WW they deem us worthy of getting I suppose...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Although I bought all of the crossover issues, if I remember correctly, most of them didn't advance or enhance the story at all. The Hawkworld one did a nice job of establishing a friendship between Hawkwoman & Diana, and one of the Bat-titles may have clarified a plot point - and maybe the Suicide Squad issues were effective in revealing bits about Circe's island? - but a ton of them were just random gods in superhero titles, like Dr. Fate, Action, Flash, etc. It felt about as well coordinated as that Joker's "Last Laugh" crossover.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

While I agree with all of this, now that I think about it, the only chance these oddball issues have of seeing reprint would be in a "War of the Gods" collection. That being the case, I wouldn't mind if they turned this into a chunky $29.99 tpb (like the most recent "Knightfall" books) and included the crossover issues.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

It would be kind of cool to see all the tie-ins included, if only for completion's sake. Lord knows no one will ever want to go through the trouble of finding them all in back issue bins.

Fantastic Member

Hope this leads to a digital release as well. They took forever on releasing more issues of the Perez run on Comixology, and I know that's not complete without this event.

They will probably will do a second omnibus but they want to have the original's before going to the second omnibus. However there is a omnibus for Marston called the War Years. Comixlogy doesn't have that many Marston

http://www.amazon.com/Wonder-Woman-T.../dp/078583284X

sadly it will focus more of the WW2