Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Map of the DC Heroes

I've made a map of all the currently active heroes in the DC Universe, as of last month's relaunch! Just thought you guys might like to take a look. I have taken some liberties with the placing of fictional cities/countries, but made my best guesses. In the case of a character appearing in multiple places across simultaneous issues, I go with their primary book - for instance, Harley Quinn's appearance in HARLEY QUINN overrides her appearance in NEW SUICIDE SQUAD.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?h...Q.kCb9HQVEBwZ0
    Last edited by Gorblax; 07-06-2015 at 08:24 PM.

I think this map really displays the deemphasis of the Fictional Cities. I don't like it.

Problem is, what are you using for where to place the fictional cities? I know there use to be an Atlas of the DC Universe that was a supplement to an RPG system, but that was issued back in the early 1990s and wasn't officially a DC product.

Since the start of the New 52, I think DC has been a bit looser / vaguer as to where places like Gotham City are. In an issue of I, Vampire for example, they were driving from Boston to Gotham City(issue #4 I think), but for some reason they had stopped in Columbus, Ohio on the way?!? Who in their right mind drives all the way west to Ohio if they could just follow I-95 South to travel down the east coast to get from Boston to southern New Jersey?!?

(And since I'm a guy who use to live in New Jersey who would visit some buddies when they were in college around Boston, that sort of stuck out like a sore thumb to me.)
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 07-07-2015 at 07:30 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Just a heads up:

You chose the wrong São Paulo for Helena. She is in São Paulo (city), capital of São Paulo (State), which is in the southeast part of Brazil. The town you chose is "another" São Paulo. (don't if it happens in the states, but round here we do have some cities with repeated names, specially the ones named after Saints).

(With a little effort, I think I could give you Helena's near exact address. :P)

Edit: She's at "Avenida Ipiranga, 344 - República, São Paulo - SP" (atop of a restaurant, actually). Put this in google, it's the very exact location we've seen in Grayson.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 07-07-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Problem is, what are you using for where to place the fictional cities? I know there use to be an Atlas of the DC Universe that was a supplement to an RPG system, but that was issued back in the early 1990s and wasn't officially a DC product.

Since the start of the New 52, I think DC has been a bit looser / vaguer as to where places like Gotham City are. In an issue of I, Vampire for example, they were driving from Boston to Gotham City(issue #4 I think), but for some reason they had stopped in Columbus, Ohio on the way?!? Who in their right mind drives all the way west to Ohio if they could just follow I-95 South to travel down the east coast to get from Boston to southern New Jersey?!?

(And since I'm a guy who use to live in New Jersey who would visit some buddies when they were in college around Boston, that sort of stuck out like a sore thumb to me.)
    Actually, there was an RPG handbook entitled "DC Universe Adventures" issued in 2013, a supplement to the Mutants & Masterminds system. I go off that for a lot of these! It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Just a heads up:

You chose the wrong São Paulo for Helena. She is in São Paulo (city), capital of São Paulo (State), which is in the southeast part of Brazil. The town you chose is "another" São Paulo. (don't if it happens in the states, but round here we do have some cities with repeated names, specially the ones named after Saints).

(With a little effort, I think I could give you Helena's near exact address. :P)

Edit: She's at "Avenida Ipiranga, 344 - República, São Paulo - SP" (atop of a restaurant, actually). Put this in google, it's the very exact location we've seen in Grayson.
    Good catch! I'll put that in right now.

Hey this is really cool, nice work! I think there was an official map during Flashpoint also, although it was marked up with the Flashpoint universe in mind I think it had some of the normal cities listed, ah here it is:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...pointMapV6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mahzian View Post
    Hey this is really cool, nice work! I think there was an official map during Flashpoint also, although it was marked up with the Flashpoint universe in mind I think it had some of the normal cities listed, ah here it is:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...pointMapV6.jpg
    Cool, I remember this! I've moved Atlantis a little southwest from where I had it, accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    Good catch! I'll put that in right now.
    Not that much of a catch. I live in São Paulo, the building on the view is a famous one and the college I went to is like, 3 blocks away from there. I passed trough that street daily for four years (and still do occasionally). For me, it was just unmissasble.

And let me add, it's common for you guys, but for someone from outside the US it's extremely cool (and rare) to see your city/town/neighborhood on page.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 07-08-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    . . . And let me add, it's common for you guys, but for someone from outside the US it's extremely cool (and rare) to see your city/town/neighborhood on page.
    Depends on where in the U.S. you live. Big, major cities like NYC, Chicago, Washington D.C., etc. may show up, but smaller places aren't quite as common. (I did think it was cool when Marvel's Defenders used my old home town of Montclair, NJ as their base of operation back in the early 1980s, though that was more in name only. More recently, a comic book shop I go to did get blown up at the beginning of Marvel's Civil Wars event.)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

More recently, a comic book shop I go to did get blown up at the beginning of Marvel's Civil Wars event.)

I am sorry for your loss.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Spectacular Member

The poor citizens of Montevidéu being obliterated by an A-bomb definitely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am sorry for your loss.
    Oh, it got better.

Depends on where in the U.S. you live. Big, major cities like NYC, Chicago, Washington D.C., etc. may show up, but smaller places aren't quite as common. (I did think it was cool when Marvel's Defenders used my old home town of Montclair, NJ as their base of operation back in the early 1980s, though that was more in name only. More recently, a comic book shop I go to did get blown up at the beginning of Marvel's Civil Wars event.)
    Well, sure. But even in this cases, the Us is still portrayed more or less accurately, I believe. Brazil is.... complicated. In a recent comic, Scott Lobdell placed his story in "Brazil"s tropical forest". I'd love to know where is "Brazil's tropical forest"; does he think we only have "one" forest, does think we're not but forest, what? I've grown to hate things like that.

That and the name DaCosta (hint; that's not a name).

Oh, and all the times they put Sunspot inexplicably speaking Spanish.

You get what I mean; seeing São Paulo both drawn AND spelled correctly was a cool moment for me.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 07-08-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Updated the map to account for Spoiler, who appears this week in Catwoman #42.