View Poll Results: Which film do you prefer?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spider-Man 3

25 36.76%
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2

43 63.24%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Meh. I thought the first ASM film was better than any of the Raimi films.

Amazing Member

None of them are good, but if I really had to watch one them again I would choose Spider-Man 3. Amazing Spider-Man 2 was just too busy setting up for future movies, which we now won't get, leaving some unanswered questions. It feels like when a tv-series is suddenly cancelled without getting a proper ending.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Interesting. I can see that. Like one movie tried way too hard to end things (Sandman and the butler, yikes!) while the other too often tried in vain to set things up for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I don't see how that matters. In both cases they failed to save her.
    Yeah, it sounds like "let's main chick die but at least set up some side chicks for the follow through."

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    We were discussing what a horrible superhero ASM Spidey was. Because the films put a large amount of emphasis on the Stacys. To the point that Peter didn't seem to have anybody else in his life (unless you count the way he treated Aunt May, which was pretty badly). So Peter's failures are much more pronounced than, say, even 616 Spidey. Because he had people there for him after Gwen died.
    Welcome to being an teenaged outsider who suddenly gets a super hot girlfriend. I think more should have been done with the supporting cast in terms of May and Ben (maybe a little bit more on the Osborns, too) but I don't know about adding to the cast.

But for some reason, the ASM films didn't think the epilogue with MJ was important.
    I feel like you are putting an unfairly huge emphasis on this part of the story. Like if they gave MJ the kind of time Raimi gave the mousy Ukrainian girl, then stuck her to the end, it would have taken the movie from from 10% to 95%. Which is okay I guess. Just doesn't seem like it's any worse than swapping any of the powerful "Vs. Ock" moments for that awful "Train Jesus" scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Welcome to being an teenaged outsider who suddenly gets a super hot girlfriend. I think more should have been done with the supporting cast in terms of May and Ben (maybe a little bit more on the Osborns, too) but I don't know about adding to the cast.
    The Osborns were handled so terribly that they didn't even acknowledge Harry existed until Part 2. And Norman's portrait was covered in shadows, as if that wasn't a poor attempt at foreshadowing how evil he is without committing to anyone (as they hadn't cast anyone yet).

I feel like you are putting an unfairly huge emphasis on this part of the story. Like if they gave MJ the kind of time Raimi gave the mousy Ukrainian girl, then stuck her to the end, it would have taken the movie from from 10% to 95%. Which is okay I guess. Just doesn't seem like it's any worse than swapping any of the powerful "Vs. Ock" moments for that awful "Train Jesus" scene.
    That train scene was great. I don't know what you're talking about.

But, oh lord, that might have cut into that emotionally gripping and incredibly popular parents subplot. And we couldn't have that.

(What was the plan for MJ's introduction? She wouldn't have known Gwen. Unless they half-assed it that she did. Kind of like how they half-assed Harry Osborn's existence in the sequel. Or the Bugle's existence in the sequel.)