Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Battleworld detail that will fry your brain

Many of the domains are the United States. Some of them are landlocked. They have coastal towns that border a wall instead of the ocean. What do people in those towns think? Do they still have their docks and boats on dry land? Manhattan is hundreds of miles from the ocean on the Battleworld map. It is surrounded by a ring of water so it can still be an island but it is technically an island on a lake.

The people in those towns think whatever Doom made them think when he put Battleworld together.

Spectacular Member

I think it's safe to say average civilians weren't really a major consideration in this event.

The civilians think what Doom wants them to think. They've never known any world other than Battleworld.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Considering it's Marvel, I'm surprised Battleworld didn't simply look like a bunch of Manhattans lined up against each other, with the odd Latveria and/or Wakanda thrown in.

Yay Manhattans!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Here's a more curious question. How does Battleworld have an economy? Because if they can't cross boarders, how will they grow food in places like Manhattan?

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Here's a more curious question. How does Battleworld have an economy? Because if they can't cross boarders, how will they grow food in places like Manhattan?
    Special Thor division that transports food between the realms.

BANNED

They eat the remains of dead people.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

My brain didn't fry. It's not even lightly sauteed.

Ouch. Tough crowd. Almost 80% of the human race lives within 100 miles of the coast. That means that many people live within 100 miles of a wall. If you climb it you die. That has to mess with peoples heads. I wonder if putting graffiti on the walls results in the death penalty?

Trade probably takes place at the borders between domains. In especially designated (and highly monitored) areas. Although contraband seems to be a thing too.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    Almost 80% of the human race lives within 100 miles of the coast. That means that many people live within 100 miles of a wall. If you climb it you die. That has to mess with peoples heads.
    I'm thinking of an adult version of the fairy-tales parents tell their children of the monster in the closet or under the bed out to get them if they misbehave.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Great question...I admit to having missed the last two issues of SW and didn't realize things like contraband had been addressed somewhere within this vast series.

I just assumed Doom said 'Let there be food', and there was food.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I've seen $100 Doom Dollars in one Domain, so the banking system is still operating with money traded for goods etc. Someone is either transporting currency to each Domain, and logically it's the Domains Treasurer, or, it gets minted in each Domain. Mind you, I'm not too sure what currency Clemmie paid her pilot in Where Monsters Dwell #1, but it is the Far East, so some British monetary system operates through that region, and perhaps with Doom Dollars transferred for pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    Ouch. Tough crowd. Almost 80% of the human race lives within 100 miles of the coast. That means that many people live within 100 miles of a wall. If you climb it you die. That has to mess with peoples heads. I wonder if putting graffiti on the walls results in the death penalty?
    It's a medieval fiefdom that all Domains resemble, so the rules of Fiefdom are, stay loyal, you can't cross to other Fiefdoms, and if you break the law you are hired out to Doom. I think people who have been living under this premise for 8 years have got the hang of it, after seeing loved ones pulled away, like in the Middle Ages. It's brutal, but the Middle Ages coped alright, so why not Dooms Domains?