Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Secret Wars 2015

If possible, I would like to know the specific order to read secret wars 2015 and the end of everything on the marvel universe. Not very keen on comics yet, trying to catch up with the x-men currently.

Read Hickman's New Avengers and Avengers run (Avengers isn't as important). Then read Secret Wars and any tie in that looks fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiperdoodle View Post
    If possible, I would like to know the specific order to read secret wars 2015 and the end of everything on the marvel universe. Not very keen on comics yet, trying to catch up with the x-men currently.
    Read everything Hickman wrote.

And FYI, I can't promise you'll understand a lot of what goes on in Hickman's run.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm going get a little radical here and suggest that you just start in with Secret Wars #1. New Avengers #32-33 would help also for you to jump right in but I think you can still manage. All you have to know is something really bad happened and just go from there. The flashbacks fill you in enough for you to just go forward with the current status quo. It does help if you know a bit about the relationships between characters. Hickman has been giving some good insights in his interviews he's done at CBR the day after each issue comes out.

I think the one thing that gets to me most about Secret Wars is that the whole Avengers run was pretty much non-consequential.

Outside the Cabal and Dr. Strange, it just became "Dr. Doom is god"

BANNED

Avengers run was about Steve...many other things bleeded into the other book like Starbrand.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Avengers run was about Steve...many other things bleeded into the other book like Starbrand.
    The Avengers run was filled with plot points that went nowhere cause KABOOM!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    The universe ran out. Im not sure what other plot points there was, almost everything was explained away. Hickmans run won't exist mostly in the new Marvel universe, or else incursions and Beyonders are still alive. So, it's no big deal to me.

Irl if our universe ended, most things wouldn't logically carry on.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    Didn't you just post the same thing in another thread which you can go back to where everything was explained to you? Or I could copy and paste them here. Gwenfan's reply just about sums that concern also.

Now you could say that Marvel was stretching things about because of a schedule and probably be right. They had to give a lot of writers time to wind things down in their own titles. Even when Bendis was writing both NA and Avengers you had things that sort of went nowhere. Remember when the Doombot showed up to attack Luke and Jessica and had some dire warning? I don't recall that going anywhere unless that was a really advanced warning of the incursions.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

All you REALLY need is Secret Wars.

But I'd recommend reading everything Jonathan Hickman wrote at Marvel, because it all leads up to this.

Hickman's New Avengers is incredible

That's a must-read

Avengers # 44 is an important lead-in to Secret Wars too don't forget that issue

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Didn't you just post the same thing in another thread which you can go back to where everything was explained to you? Or I could copy and paste them here. Gwenfan's reply just about sums that concern also.

Now you could say that Marvel was stretching things about because of a schedule and probably be right. They had to give a lot of writers time to wind things down in their own titles. Even when Bendis was writing both NA and Avengers you had things that sort of went nowhere. Remember when the Doombot showed up to attack Luke and Jessica and had some dire warning? I don't recall that going anywhere unless that was a really advanced warning of the incursions.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    The universe ran out. Im not sure what other plot points there was, almost everything was explained away. Hickmans run won't exist mostly in the new Marvel universe, or else incursions and Beyonders are still alive. So, it's no big deal to me.

Irl if our universe ended, most things wouldn't logically carry on.
    I still say most of it went nowhere.

Cannonball and Smasher's baby? Went nowhere.
    The Black Swans, Black Priests and Builders? Went nowhere.
    The Beyonders? Kinda killed off panel.
    Starbrand? Died before he became useful
    Steve Rogers time traveling to the future? Pointless
    Ex Nihilo and Abyssed? Killed off again before anything important.

The entire run of Avengers was completely pointless because it all lead to "Dr. Doom took over reality AGAIN" stories. Hell, only Black Panther, Mr. Fantastic and the Cabal were the only things from that run that carried over.

IT
    WAS
    POINTLESS!!!

BANNED

It wasn't really.