All-New Member

Default Question about Aaron Thor collections and spines.

Hello,

I don't know if this kind of thing is OK here but I hope someone with some knowledge can help me understand.

I've recently started reading some Marvel Comics, Ms Marvel, the new lady Thor and a few others and I decided I'd like to go back and read Aarons earlier Thor series, so I bought Volume 1: The God Butcher.

Here's my issue. Thor: Goddess of Thunder has a black spine. Thor: The God Butcher (that I have) has a white spine that matched the Ms Marvel Volumes that I have (which is nice) But it doesn't match the Lady Thor Volume 1 collection.

I finished reading God Butcher this morning and now I need to get the second one,but noticed while shopping on-line there's actual 2 versions one branded "Marvel Now" that matches the Volume 1 I have, and one who's cover actually seems to match Goddess of Thunder. (Not branded "Marvel Now")

So t seems like I can have all of my Thor collections matching if i got back and buy the black spined collections, but I also like that Thor: God Butcher matches my Ms Marvel volumes (1-3) so I seem to be faced with the choice of having the white "Marvel Now" spines for the God of Thunder (1-2) match with Ms Marvel OR have all of Aarons Thor match.

You can probably tell this is something that bothers me (autism) And i have also noticed that the Hardback collection of Goddess of Thunder is branded "Marvel Now" so i'm thinking that will be white spined, but I don't want the hardback.

Here are my questions:

1) Why are there 2 versions of the old Thor series? the white ("Marvel Now") spines seem like a newer replacement spine that other books are now also being released with (Like Ms Marvel) so..
    2) Why doesn't Goddess of Thunder have a white spine and instead match the original print of the God of Thunder collections?

Is this simply so that people with the original black spines can continue their collection, if so what about people with the white spines? Will there be "Marvel Now" versions of the "Lady Thor" collections in paperback at some point.

3) Is this sort of thing going to keep happening becasue i don't think I can take it!

Thanks.

Also just to clarify what im on about:

Godbomb - Black Spine

Godbomb (Marvel Now) - White Spine

Goddess of Thunder - Black Spine

Goddess of Thunder (Marvel Now) - Hardcover
    Last edited by Link19; 07-07-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Amazing Member

The black spine ones are editions printed specifically and only for/inside the United Kingdom. They're printed by a publisher called Panini and are limited to paperbacks only, and even then not all series get Panini editions, though the new stuff seems to. The white ones are by Marvel itself, like the hardbacks, and the Marvel Now thing is just a gimmick, a tag to let new readers know that the stories under it are good jumping on points. While I don't like the style of the Panini editions, their paper stock tends to be very thick and nice matte.

All-New Member

Ah, so there will be a white spine paperback of the Goddess of Thunder at some point but it's only in HB for now. But the UK actually have the paperback early?

Shame as I was looking forward to finding out Who Thor was tomorrow when the UK paperback of "Who Holds the Hammer" is released, now i'll be waiting for the white one.