Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Sometimes(like all characters), it's good to go beyond what's initially presented by adding a few non-spidey created characters as with all other comic book titles. Otherwise, things become so routine. And Jennifer Walters in her human form would work well in Spider-Man's world in a professional and personal manner that we do not find in any other titles that she's present in as just plain Jennifer and not the She-Hulk. The same can be applied to Tigra as well because as Greer Grant, she could take on Carlie Cooper's role as Crime Scene investigator. All of which are normal everyday jobs that pays the bills at home, which makes them fit into Peter's social circles in a normal setting. And if both Greer and Jennifer got to know Peter, they would find that his personal life is no different from their own as they have a lot in common with him, such as how they dealt with the loss of a loved as well as as being treated as an outcast long before they got superpowers and how they overcame the problems associated with them...
    Yeah, I don't actually disagree with you, and I think both Jennifer and Geer would be really good suporting characters, but we all know it wont be long before a She-Hulk/Tigra-Spiderman team-up.

From my point of view, I like Peter having "normal" supporting characters who know his secret because it's kinda like when you have a hard day at work you can call some old friend and have a beer with him, but you know, you dont bring him to work.

It is like how Superman, despite having good friends on the Justice League, he can always disconnect from that kind of world and just fly to Smallville and ask ma and pa Kent for advice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Garrote View Post
    Yeah, I don't actually disagree with you, and I think both Jennifer and Geer would be really good suporting characters, but we all know it wont be long before a She-Hulk/Tigra-Spiderman team-up.

From my point of view, I like Peter having "normal" supporting characters who know his secret because it's kinda like when you have a hard day at work you can call some old friend and have a beer with him, but you know, you dont bring him to work.

It is like how Superman, despite having good friends on the Justice League, he can always disconnect from that kind of world and just fly to Smallville and ask ma and pa Kent for advice.
    The ones who fits your criteria are Betty Brant and Liz Allan, who knows how to keep Peter's secret identity to themselves.

The ones who fits your criteria are Betty Brant and Liz Allan, who knows how to keep Peter's secret identity to themselves.
    Liz Allan can never be trusted with Peter's secret at this point.

I remember how the plan was to make Betty and Peter BFFs in brand new day......and how quickly they forgot :P (I liked the dynamic between the two back then)
    Last edited by Garrote; 07-08-2015 at 04:14 PM.

BANNED

Well, I don't see Aunt May (Extraordinay supporting character when she was written by JMS), MJ or Carlie so badly traumatized.

To be fair, they actually should, but only because of Spidey related kidnappings and that kind of stuff that would leave anybody with at least a bad case of PTSD. Fortunately they are not portrayed like that. Maybe because in marvel universe, your regular new yorker has already suffered all kind of weird stuff, including, just to name a few, hundreds of alien invasions, getting spider powers, or being possesed by symbiotes. Twice (Planet of symbiotes and one Mighty Avengers story)

Spidey stuff aside, Aunt May for example may have witnessed his husband's murder, but at least that is something anyone can have the misfortune of experiencing in real life (and as hard as it is, is something you can overcome without going mental)

With normal I mean unpowered people with normal lives (as normal as living in Marvel universe NY can be).

After all Peter is just some kid from Queens, not an asgardian god, an out of his time super-soldier or some rich super-inventor (Uh...forget that last one I guess...)
    MJ and Charlie both have had mental breakdowns and gone mad before when confronting Spider-Man's foes. MJ's back story is full of tragedy and written darker than most of Peter's cast, and she is clearly not the most well adjusted woman Peter has dated.

And currently, Aunt May has had enough of the crazy in Peter's life so she moved away from New York.

Honestly Peter and his cast to me are more than well adjusted every day people, and the stories prove that by making Peter's life worser and worser his cast strays away from him or becomes tied to his life via superhuman intervention by becoming mutates themselves.

Plus last I checked, Peter is special, even his parents were special and even in the mystic sense he's special, he's like a Spider-Jesus avatar of a multiversial fate tied to spider powered beings and life itself.

Astonishing Member

I remember how the plan was to make Betty and Peter BFFs in brand new day......and how quickly they forgot :P (I liked the dynamic between the two back then)
    That's what happens when Marvel has too many writers on one book. The thing about Betty that's appealing to me is that her feelings for Peter(as her love interest) are still there. I would lave liked to have seen Rick Jones and Brian Braddock as one of Peter's friends as they have a good dynamic as well.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 07-08-2015 at 04:54 PM.

To answer the OP

RIOT
    Truth is the best policy

As an MJ fan, I'd almost rather she be dead than dating some fireman and wanting nothing to do at all with Peter. Aunt May, however, should never die.

If Marvel kills either of them off, it will be a "been there, done that" thing for most fans. Death is pretty cheap in Marvel these days. I don't really understand why characters even bother to mourn for the dead when they come back so often.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

really wouldn't care if mj got offed. just don't care about the character anymore.

itd feel overused if they did it with aunt may again.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    As an MJ fan, I'd almost rather she be dead than dating some fireman and wanting nothing to do at all with Peter......
    Sadly, this is exactly how I feel about her right now. Unless Marvel has something actually interesting planed for MJ to do in the All New All Different Marvel, they should go ahead and axe the character. She is currently beyond useless and when she does appear simply takes up space better used to develop more important characters and ideas.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-22-2015 at 03:44 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Both of them died before.
    They both returned.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Thinking of this thread reminded me of Marvel Zombies first mini, Tony asks Peter what happened to MJ and his aunt, Spidey cries out of guilt.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage