Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default So what will happen when Marvel gets ready to kill Aunt May and Mary Jane?

Spider-Man is surprisingly realistic sometimes in letting characters who are beloved fan favorites die like any other person, and Spider-Man is a deconstruction of a superhero fantasy based in the real world especially people who actually suffer consequences as part of a hero and villians conflict. So what what happens if established people like these two get finally killed and Peter finally suffers like he never suffered before, that would put berserk/end of evangelion levels of darkness to shame? What kind of stories would be told then afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Spider-Man is surprisingly realistic sometimes in letting characters who are beloved fan favorites die like any other person, and Spider-Man is a deconstruction of a superhero fantasy based in the real world especially people who actually suffer consequences as part of a hero and villians conflict. So what what happens if established people like these two get finally killed and Peter finally suffers like he never suffered before, that would put berserk/end of evangelion levels of darkness to shame? What kind of stories would be told then afterwards.
    Stories where Aunt May or MJ were killed have been told several times already, mostly in "What If" and alternate reality books. The "Back In Black" story, however, in 616 ASM told a very compelling story of Aunt May lying near death after the Kingpin ordered her execution.

BANNED

Peter did once let Aunt May pass on peacefully in Amazing Spider-Man Issue 400, even if the circumstances surrounding her coma and death were caused by the stress brought on by the whole robot parents scandal initiated by Harry and The Chamelion. It was all swept under the rug as "lol actress" but Spider-Girl maintained it was the real May that passed on.

He also dealt with MJ's perceived death during the 1999-2001 era.
    Last edited by Mr.Lion; 07-07-2015 at 04:44 AM.

BANNED

They'd probably have his sister get into some kinda workplace accident and end up in a wheelchair. She has to quit being a secret agent and moves in with Peter. He can't quite handle that and doing all his other stuff, so calls in Flash to help with her rehabilitation. They of course fall in love. Peter and Flash go at it as Spidey and Venom, revealing themselves to each other in the process.

Then there's a wedding and a crisis, and Peter and Flash have to save the world together in time to make it to the former.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

If they kill MJ I stop buying all of Marvel.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

So what will happen when Marvel gets ready to kill Aunt May and Mary Jane?
    They won't be getting ready for that. This isn't Game of Thrones. May and MJ are core characters and not going anywhere.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Didn't someone at Marvel explicitly state they were never going to kill Aunt May again?

I mean, never is pretty provisional in comics, but it usually means for a long damned time.

And killing Mary Jane would just be masochistic. (Yes, I mean masochistic, not sadistic, because OMD complaints will seem like a walk in the park by comparison.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Didn't someone at Marvel explicitly state they were never going to kill Aunt May again?

I mean, never is pretty provisional in comics, but it usually means for a long damned time.

And killing Mary Jane would just be masochistic. (Yes, I mean masochistic, not sadistic, because OMD complaints will seem like a walk in the park by comparison.)
    None of them are gonna die.

If they die, they will come back later in the most absurd and convoluted way. I dunno, maybe Pete could gather the dragon balls or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lion View Post
    He also dealt with MJ's perceived death during the 1999-2001 era.
    As with OMD, the objective was making Peter single again because marriage made him "too old".

Because you know, nothing screams "YOUNG! YOUNG!!!" better that "grieving widow"

Man, all my respect to Byrne, but his Amazing Spiderman run was an unmitigated disaster...

aunt may will outlive us all, she is secretly an eternal and earths guardian.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Garrote View Post
    If they die, they will come back later in the most absurd and convoluted way. I dunno, maybe Pete could gather the dragon balls or something.
    Aunt May already came back in the most convoluted way possible.

As with OMD, the objective was making Peter single again because marriage made him "too old".

Because you know, nothing screams "YOUNG! YOUNG!!!" better that "grieving widow"

Man, all my respect to Byrne, but his Amazing Spiderman run was an unmitigated disaster...
    The plane crash was from on high. Mackie and Byrne didn't agree with it. Marvel eventually brought back MJ in a pretty convoluted way (but it still falls short in comparison to Aunt May's return).

BANNED

Wasn't it specifically Mackie and Byrne who suggested Aunt May come back? Just imagine if they hadn't had that "bright idea"

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

No, because they'll use it as an excuse for OMD's sequel - Another Day.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    aunt may will outlive us all, she is secretly an eternal and earths guardian.
    Golden Oldie FTW.

goldenoldie4.jpg
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The plane crash was from on high. Mackie and Byrne didn't agree with it. Marvel eventually brought back MJ in a pretty convoluted way (but it still falls short in comparison to Aunt May's return).
    Hm, you are right, now I remember reading about that....Byrne's run was still awful, though!