Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Spirits of Vengeance - Ghost Rider Appreciation

I will say it straight off the mark, I do not think Robbie Reyes is a worthy successor to the Ghost Rider name.

Having said that, I would be more accepting of Robbie Reyes if we could get a different book with the other Ghost Riders in it, maybe by bring back the Spirits of Vengeance title?

Which segues in to the Spirits of Vengeance appreciation thread. A place to talk about your favourite Ghost Rider and your hopes for what you want to see from Marvel regarding these characters, be it Carter Slade, Johnny Blaze, Danny Ketch, Alejandro, Kenshiro "Zero" Cochrane, Michael Badilino and Robbie Reyes.

Alan Vega. Suicide. Ghostrider. Ghostrider.
    Ghostrider, motorcycle hero.
    Ghostrider, motorcycle hero.

Baby, baby, baby, baby, he's blazing away!
    Like the star, star, stars in the universe, yeah.
    Baby, baby, baby, he's looking so cute, yeah!
    Riding around in a blue jumpsuit, yeah.

Baby, baby, baby, baby, he's screaming the truth!
    America is killing its youth.
    I see them trying, dying, choking, drowning, going down, going down.
    I see you dying, dying.

Oh. You don't wanna break apart Ghostrider's heart.
    He's riding through your town with his head on fire.
    He's riding through your town with his head on fire.

Halo burning. Eyes are crying. Halo buring. Eyes are crying.
    Ghostrider, Ghostrider, Ghostrider, Ghostrider keep riding.
    Never stop riding.

Hey, hey, don't forget to burn, don't forget to burn.
    Burn with fire. With fire, fire, fire, fire!
    With fire! Yeah!

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

It's sad I have no faith in marvel to put out a real Ghost rider book. I say real because Reyes has NOTHING to do with the Ghost rider mythos and he's not a Spirit of Vengeance. Since this is an GR appreciation thread I think I'll post my collection (Just to show off )

I have a soft spot for Danny. I got his whole run when I first got into comics for cheap.

I've been meaning to check out some preketch GR what are some good recs?
    We need better comics

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I have a soft spot for Danny. I got his whole run when I first got into comics for cheap.

I've been meaning to check out some preketch GR what are some good recs?
    Issues 50-81 , I'm more of a Ketch fan than blaze but those issues are amazing!

Do Danny and Johnny still have their Ghost Rider powers even though Robbie is a Ghost Rider?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

CBR's search function is terrible. However, all the Appreciation Threads are listed in the sticky post.

http://community.comicbookresources....orum-Directory

Where you will find the link for the Ghost Riders Appreciation Thread

http://community.comicbookresources....s-Appreciation
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Spirits of Vengeance Appreciation!! About time. Ghost Rider had been one of the first comic characters I got into as a kid when I picked through some old Ghost Rider books at an LCS one day. Started with Blaze and continued with Ketch. Love them both.

I don't worry much about Robbie Reyes taking over for good. His solo didn't sell too well and you can only push a character so much. I don't quite consider him a Ghost Rider either, only in name. His origin doesn't qualify him as one, plain and simple. I didn't hate his series, though the second half of it was rushed and ended poorly, I thought. He doesn't have the complexity Johnny or Danny have for me to keep investing, they hinge too much on him being a charity case. I feel bad because it's Ghost Rider, and I love the character. It's just that Reyes falls flat for me.

Anywho, I'm glad this thread is around. Scott Snyder just recently expressed interest in wanting to write a Ghost Rider series. Marvel should really do something about that. Remender seemed on the verge of wanting to write a Midnight Sons book as well, but he's gone from Marvel now. Cullen Bunn's expressed interest too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Seconded!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do Danny and Johnny still have their Ghost Rider powers even though Robbie is a Ghost Rider?
    I just recently found out Danny Ketch is powerless somehow. Johnny is still powered, only he's had horrendous depictions of him recently in Thunderbolts and the new series. I'm not even sure which has it worse.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Marvel should do a book with Danny and Johnny as co-leads. Call it 'The Brothers Ghost Rider' and have them ride around fighting supernatural threats.

Spectacular Member

I wasn't a huge fan of what Aaron did on Ghost Rider or the way they quickly shuffled the ending of Way's run but I did like some of the plot points they set up. Making Blaze a literal spirit of vengeance as in wrath of God was a cool idea and one that should of been explored more since the mythos have always been it was a curse or whatever put on by Mephisto. I also liked what they did with Ketch, essentially having him chase the dragon by stealing other Ghost Rider's power and killing them. I'd of liked to have seen Danny get a redemption arc coming out of the last series.

The female Ghost Rider didn't intrigue me at all and while I've heard Robbie's book is good, I'm just not terribly interested in it. If you're going to make a new Ghost Rider with new stories that's fine but I feel like they should at least take the old pieces off the board so long time readers aren't sitting around waiting for "their" Ghost Rider to turn up in the new series and either fight or mentor the latest GR.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I have a lot of love for Johnny Blaze. I really liked Jason Aaron run on the title and what he did with the baggage that Daniel Way left him. I have no interest in Robbie at all. I want Johnny back.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I hope they bring back G-Man(Ghost Rider Noir) and Danny(re-powered) back. Robbie is cool and all but he has too much baggage of taking care of Gabe(Demon Wolf), Work and School unlike the others plus whole the how he got his power may not bold well with parent's of today.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    CBR's search function is terrible. However, all the Appreciation Threads are listed in the sticky post.

http://community.comicbookresources....orum-Directory

Where you will find the link for the Ghost Riders Appreciation Thread

http://community.comicbookresources....s-Appreciation
    Damn. I did a search and couldn't find one hence me starting this one.

They can be merged.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Marvel should do a book with Danny and Johnny as co-leads. Call it 'The Brothers Ghost Rider' and have them ride around fighting supernatural threats.
    They did back in the 90's, it was called Spirits of Vengeance.

Nice to see some love for the hell cycle riding GR. Danny was my introduction to Ghost Rider so I will always have a soft spot for him but Blaze became a favourite of mine when he first showed up in Danny's series. I didn't know he was a GR before Danny at first and when they started working together I thought it was great.

Spirits of Vengeance is still one of my most favourite GR books. I remember seeing the preview of it, and the other Midnight Sons books, in the back of GR #25 and immediately fell in love. So much so that one of my dream books would be Johnny as GR and Danny with the Hellfire Shotgun this time around in a new Spirits of Vengeance book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

A Blaze/Ketch Ghost Riders team-up book, especially as some have pitched it here, sounds a lot like Supernatural but with the two protagonists being Spirits of Vengeance and demon/monster hunters. The Heaven & Hell arcs from Season 4 onward could easily be adapted or repurposed for Ghost Rider, given how the Riders often end up being key pieces in the long game played between the angelic and demonic forces, much like the Winchester brothers. Hell, Jason Aaron's run made it explicit that both Blaze and Ketch had had their lives and their families manipulated by Zadkiel to end up as Riders and vital aspects of his plans, so having a Ghost Riders sibling team book expand further on that in the vein of Supernatural could work.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Thanks, I'll check those out.

When and what book did Danny lose hi powers?
    We need better comics

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Thanks, I'll check those out.

When and what book did Danny lose hi powers?
    It was in Superior Spider-Man annual (I think Yost wrote it) Blackout kidnapped Aunt May so Spock ask Ketch for help but he can't cause he lost his powers.