Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Thanks, I'll check those out.

When and what book did Danny lose hi powers?
    Here is the panel;

Attachment 24297

That's pretty BS if you ask me. You're going to have a character completely lose his powers for a one-shot story about Spider-man just because you want to use his villain? C'mon...
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That's pretty BS if you ask me. You're going to have a character completely lose his powers for a one-shot story about Spider-man just because you want to use his villain? C'mon...
    That's why I honestly ignore that story, it's like what is the editor being paid for. I know for some god awful reason the want to push Reyes as the Ghostrider, but damn don't just disregard ketch's story for it

In all likelihood, whoever wants to use Ketch next (if they're even allowed to use any Rider other than Reyes) will just ignore that, hopefully. I kind of dug the blue flames look for Ketch in Aaron's run.

I could swear Ketch and Blaze were in a Wolverine Goes to Hell story or something after Heaven's on Fire, both with powers.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    In all likelihood, whoever wants to use Ketch next (if they're even allowed to use any Rider other than Reyes) will just ignore that, hopefully. I kind of dug the blue flames look for Ketch in Aaron's run.

I could swear Ketch and Blaze were in a Wolverine Goes to Hell story or something after Heaven's on Fire, both with powers.
    They were, and from that went to the awful Williams run (with no mention of Danny or the events of Heavens on fire ect. Just lazy, lazy story telling, I mean how hard is it to at least use Google. I won't even get into that bullshit about punisher being able to resist Ghosties penance stare.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    They were, and from that went to the awful Williams run (with no mention of Danny or the events of Heavens on fire ect. Just lazy, lazy story telling, I mean how hard is it to at least use Google. I won't even get into that bullshit about punisher being able to resist Ghosties penance stare.
    I'd like to just forget that Thunderbolts stint even happened. Sooo many injustices happened to GR in that run, under Soule and Blacker/Acker.

Upcoming Reading:

Spectacular Member

I tried the Thunderbolts run but GR being on a team book that is not Midnight Sons is just not right.

I'm a Punisher fan and even I couldn't stand the jobbing.
    We need better comics

Count me in as a Ghost Rider fan! The flaming skull, the hellfire motorcycle, the chain attacks, Ghost Rider is just a badass. As a child of the 90s, I dug the Danny Ketch version, though I don't mind that Johnny Blaze took up that look back in the 00s. I can proudly say that I had both Ghost Rider AND Johnny Blaze action figures (complete with glow in the dark skull and hellfire shotgun) back in the day.

I don't have that many issues of Ghost Rider from the 90s, unfortunately. I've only certain issues, like his appearance in the Revenge of the Sinister Six or a crossover with the X-Men. I've issues of Way's and Aaron's runs back in the mid-to-late 00s.

I'll say that my favorite Ghost Rider moment didn't come from a comic book, but rather from television. Indeed, who could forget Ghost Rider's appearance in the Fantastic Four when he did this to Galactus!:

KICKASS!!!!!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

It's so odd how many writers purposefully ignore the existence of Danny Ketch given the fact that he was arguably the most popular Ghost Rider, especially during the 90s. It seems like the movies had put Johnny Blaze's name back into the spotlight and writers had just unanimously decided him being the default Rider.

Some books like What If: New Fantastic Four noticeably reference Johnny Blaze as a member when it was actually Danny Ketch. Doesn't seem like writers even acknowledge his contribution to the mythos, which is too bad. Although I'm still somewhat critical of Aaron's run on Ghost Rider, the best thing he did was bring Ketch back, only to have him drift away into limbo again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

I'll say that my favorite Ghost Rider moment didn't come from a comic book, but rather from television. Indeed, who could forget Ghost Rider's appearance in the Fantastic Four when he did this to Galactus!:
    The 90s were a hell of a time.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm a Punisher fan and even I couldn't stand the jobbing.
    If only that were the only thing wrong with that arc. Punisher and Red Hulk insulting each other's mothers made me cringe!

Upcoming Reading:

BANNED

Happy Birthday John Marc DeMatteis!!!

The reappearance of this thread has reminded me that Axel Alonso said we'll be getting an appearance from Johnny Blaze in the coming months in a team-up. I'm guessing with either Dr. Strange or an appearance in that Guardians of the Galaxy team-up book (I seem to remember him on one of the ads for it).

Upcoming Reading:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    The reappearance of this thread has reminded me that Axel Alonso said we'll be getting an appearance from Johnny Blaze in the coming months in a team-up. I'm guessing with either Dr. Strange or an appearance in that Guardians of the Galaxy team-up book (I seem to remember him on one of the ads for it).
    I'm hoping it's the former. As much as I despise Aaron's characterization of the Doc, I'm pulling the title because the main plot ain't that bad. Besides, a demonic biker would fit better in a book about a sorcerer than in one about talking space trees... You know, a talking space tree is now a star and Ghost Rider is... the black sheep of the Marvel Universe... Oh, how the times have changed...

Spectacular Member

Has there been any hints about a new GR book? I don't really care for Robbie but I need flaming skulls in my life

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Has there been any hints about a new GR book? I don't really care for Robbie but I need flaming skulls in my life
    SInce you mentioned 'life'...