Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Don Perlin's life needs to continue...

BANNED

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Has there been any hints about a new GR book? I don't really care for Robbie but I need flaming skulls in my life
    I actually really like Robbie (and Gabe, too) and miss them in this ANAD Marvel world.

They said we'd be seeing more of Robbie during the NYCC, but that's been a little while ago now and still nothing.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 12-26-2015 at 09:24 PM.

what would a Ghost Rider-centric team book look like now?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd love to see a new midnight sons.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Spirits of Vengeance
    Johnny Blaze
    Danny Ketch
    Robbie Reyes

or

Midnight Sons
    Ghost Rider - Johnny Blaze
    Danny Ketch - w/Hellfire shotgun (reversal of the 90's Spirits of Vengeance)
    Blade
    Moon Knight
    Elsa Bloodstone
    Daimon Hellstrom

BANNED

Happy Birthday Garth Ennis!!!

Thanks for the two Ghost Rider series. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=5608

BANNED

Smile Happy 40th anniversary 616 "Legion of Monsters" 1976-2016

It's a Halloween tradition for monsters to gather and mash up...

...and that was true at Marvel Comics as well, as four of its greatest monster heroes, all of whom had their own series at the time, gathered in Marvel Premiere #28 (February, 1976) by Bill Mantlo and Frank Robbins to deal with the fact that "There's A Mountain on Sunset Boulevard!" and the menace of the Starseed!

This story showed perhaps who the real monsters were.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Gil Kane!!!

Ghost Rider #2 cover by Gil Kane and Joe Sinnott is frightening because you've got big bad SATAN, all red and aflame and eager to snatch up Johnny Blaze's soul. Given that groovy midriff-bearing outfit, it would be hard to deny Witch-Woman's request to Step Right Up and Shake Hands with SATAN!

Marvel Team-Up #15 The amount of detail Gil Kane put into this cover is striking, and yet it is not cluttered at all. Impressive, dynamic cover in the classic Kane fashion.

Gil Kane. Some really great Ghost Rider covers.

I have the pleasure of recently buying a 7.0 CGC Ghost Rider #1. Shame I'll never have him sign it, but his contributions are timeless nonetheless.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

I agree 100%

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Carmine Infantino!!!

http://marvel.com/news/comics/20421/...mine_infantino
    http://www.dialbforblog.com/archives/9/
    "Night of the Crimson Mage!"
    Three criminals manage to escape the Ghost Rider after the Spirit of Vengeance started chasing them after making a robbery. They end up on the property of the Crimson Mage, who uses his crystal ball to convince them into helping him trap the Ghost Rider. Having the crooks start another bank heist, the Crimson Mage has them lure Ghost Rider onto a pentagram that mystically splits Johnny Blaze from the spirit that is the Ghost Rider.

At first John is happy to be finally rid of the Ghost Rider spirit, but when the Rider starts going on a rampage burning everything in sight, John realizes that he has a responsibility to keep the Ghost Rider in check. Going after the spirit, he suddenly realizes that he is growing weaker every moment that he and the Ghost Rider are separated. His first attempt ends with him being blasted with hellfire and being hospitalized for a short time.

Going after the Ghost Rider one more time, this time at a cattle farm the Ghost Rider is burning down, John tries to appeal to the creature. However, instead the Ghost Rider knocks Johnny down and prepares to impale him with a flaming fence post.

"Cloak of Crimson - Soul of Dust!"

Just as the Ghost Rider spirit is about to impale Johnny with a wooden fence post, the police arrive prompting the Ghost Rider to escape, and Johnny is arrested. The Crimson Mage, watching over the events, reflects back on when he found his crystal ball in the 11th century that prolonged his life and made him a great wizard, and how in recent times its powers are fading. The Mage hopes that once the Ghost Rider spirit is weak enough, he will be able to take control of it and continue to live indefinitely.

Johnny manages to break out of his jail cell and tracks down the Crimson Mage, in a fight he smashes the Mage's crystal ball causing the Mage to die and rapidly decompose. Commandeering a motorcycle, Blaze then tricks the Ghost Rider spirit to follow him back to the pentagram that split them apart and forces them to collide with each other on the Pentagram, merging them together once more. Whole again, the Ghost Rider then creates a hellfire bike and speeds off into the sunset.

BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Herbert William "Herb" Trimpe!!!

One of my favorite Ghost Rider covers by Herb Trimpe featuring an iconic image of the hell-spawn hero on his motorcycle from the story "Into the Jaws of Death!" Classic!

BANNED

Exclamation "agents of shield" s4 starts filming today; ghost rider rumored to join the cast

Incredible Member

Honestly Trail of Tears and Marvel Knights have been the best Ghost Rider series I've read in years. I kinda lament that Marvel won't just leave him as the mature, dark figure he needs to be in order to be successful.

Grew up with Ketch and Zero, who have both been the most underused in the recent years. Can't say that I've really been happy with the portrayal of Zero in the few cameos he's had since his series ended, would really like to see them go back to basics with him and touch up on his dystopian cyberpunk roots as an anarchist ghost-in-the-machine fighting against the establishment.

The years haven't been kind to Danny, honestly he's really barely recognizable from who he was during his initial run. I understand that Ghost Rider is supposed to be a dark character but honestly I think we had enough brooding and angst with Blaze to have Danny end up becoming another stereotypical angry, self-loathing biker. Wasn't really any reason to justify losing his powers after his last major appearance with Johnny, even so his situation could still make for some interesting possibilities if Marvel would ever use him for anything. Would personally love to see him make a comeback as part of the Midnight Son's even if its not as Ghost Rider, might be fun to feature a series about him and Johnny running around as something more in line with conventional hunters like the Winchesters. Hell Marvel could always just make him the new Caretaker seeing as they're not doing anything with the current one and the original is still scattered across eternity, might be fun to see Danny take on the mentor role for a change instead of always thrusting it on Johnny who's really batting 0 for 3 right now.

Alejandra and Reyes were both huge let downs, Alejandra more so because there was really nothing endearing about her in the slightest and she was just needlessly hostile towards everybody for no apparent reason. At least Robbie was something a bit different, even if he did look like something straight out of Bleach. Same can be said about the Kolwalski iteration of Vengeance. Came off just like MacGargan's time as Venom, a promising start that resulted in nothing but an annoying character and wasted potential.

Somebody I actually wouldn't mind seeing make an appearance again is Wileaydus Autolycus, the Spirit of Vengeance from the Guardians 3000 timeline.