Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Big Trouble in Little China 6 Page Preview!

Oh man, I'm so excited for this. Eric Powell joining up with John Carpenter is just pure bliss. http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/05/27/bi...ohn-carpenter/

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Thanks for posting appreciate seeing it. I love the movie, but I'm passing on this. Price and the art isn't my thing.

Hope you like it!
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Thanks for posting appreciate seeing it. I love the movie, but I'm passing on this. Price and the art isn't my thing.

Hope you like it!
    Yeah, I wish Powell was taking over the art duties, his work is sublime. I can't complain though as he's working on putting out more Goon series. I'm sure I would love this as well.

BANNED

After enjoying Powell's work on Godzilla.. I will be checking this out.

As much as I love Big Trouble In Little China, not to mention the fact that John Carpenter is actually on board as a consultant, I think I'm going to pass on this one. The artwork seems too cartoony. I mean, normally I would dig this kind of style, but after looking at the preview, it just doesn't seem to fit this particular property, and that kind of turns me off.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

BANNED

What if Dan Panosian did the art?? At least the covers?
    http://rikakittie.deviantart.com/art...hina-456927121
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 06-01-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Huge fan of the film and was hyped when I heard this was coming out but yeah, the art isn't really doing it for me on that preview.

We shall see...

The art was a little hit and miss for me but for the most part I would say the art was good. Boom! had what was originally a 6 issue mini series with Sons of Anarchy which turned into an ongoing, I think BTiLC has a bigger following than SOA so I'm really hoping this turns into an ongoing. I really liked this first issue and look forward to the next 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    The art was a little hit and miss for me but for the most part I would say the art was good. Boom! had what was originally a 6 issue mini series with Sons of Anarchy which turned into an ongoing, I think BTiLC has a bigger following than SOA so I'm really hoping this turns into an ongoing. I really liked this first issue and look forward to the next 5.
    Eh? I'd always assume this was an ongoing. Where did you see this confirmed that it was a limited series?

Not sure now that I think about it. I need more sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    Eh? I'd always assume this was an ongoing. Where did you see this confirmed that it was a limited series?
    The very article you linked from EW.com states "The first issue of the ongoing monthly comic book series..." So you're right, it doesn't look like it's a limited series.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

OK, just read it. This had Eric Powell's fingerprints all over this, which is right up my alley. Loved it!

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    OK, just read it. This had Eric Powell's fingerprints all over this, which is right up my alley. Loved it!
    Good way to put it. It has Powell's humor that you see in Goon and Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities. It should be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    Good way to put it. It has Powell's humor that you see in Goon and Billy the Kid's Old Timey Oddities. It should be great.
    This book would be awesome if Powell was doing the pencils but I'm going to cut him some slack because I know he's hard at work on all the new Goon minseries as well as the Goon movie. There's so much material here that he can work with that this series should be great!

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    As much as I love Big Trouble In Little China, not to mention the fact that John Carpenter is actually on board as a consultant, I think I'm going to pass on this one. The artwork seems too cartoony. I mean, normally I would dig this kind of style, but after looking at the preview, it just doesn't seem to fit this particular property, and that kind of turns me off.
    Unfortunately that's the way I revisiting this preview. I'm not feeling these characters I love. It's too bad.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy