Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Hi guys. I used to post on the old forum, from time to time, as Big_H. I've been meaning to check in since hearing the news of Arcudi leaving BPRD. I've only read the 4 BPRD Omnibi (I think that's the correct term) in hard cover and have been patiently, for the most part, waiting for Hell on Earth to come out in this format. I have a couple of questions for you guys. (Thanks in advance.)

Do you think the end of Arcudi's run with tie up Hell on Earth? It's about the same number of volumes as Plague of Frogs.
    What's Arcudi's last issue?

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by adamhasser View Post
    Hi guys. I used to post on the old forum, from time to time, as Big_H. I've been meaning to check in since hearing the news of Arcudi leaving BPRD. I've only read the 4 BPRD Omnibi (I think that's the correct term) in hard cover and have been patiently, for the most part, waiting for Hell on Earth to come out in this format. I have a couple of questions for you guys. (Thanks in advance.)

Do you think the end of Arcudi's run with tie up Hell on Earth? It's about the same number of volumes as Plague of Frogs.
    What's Arcudi's last issue?
    Arcudi's last issue is #147, I believe. That will be the end of BPRD Hell on Earth, and it has been said that another story cycle will follow that. I'm very curious as to whether the next story cycle will be Hellboy and the BPRD, or something continuing on after the events of Arcudi's last issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Arcudi's last issue is #147, I believe. That will be the end of BPRD Hell on Earth, and it has been said that another story cycle will follow that. I'm very curious as to whether the next story cycle will be Hellboy and the BPRD, or something continuing on after the events of Arcudi's last issue.
    Yeah, Arcudi's run ends with #147 in September next year. After that, the third and final story cycle of B.P.R.D. begins...

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    Yeah, Arcudi's run ends with #147 in September next year. After that, the third and final story cycle of B.P.R.D. begins...
    Do you think we'll see the Hard Cover Omnibi start coming out 3-6 months after that?
    I didn't realize the next story cycle would be the last. That's interesting. Every good story must have an end.

Do you think we'll see the Hard Cover Omnibi start coming out 3-6 months after that?
    I didn't realize the next story cycle would be the last. That's interesting. Every good story must have an end.
    I think we might see the next batch of omnibuses start to come out in 2016. If they do a similar release schedule to B.P.R.D. Plague of Frogs, then the first omnibus may even come out before the last issue of B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth.

Yeah, the next story cycle is the last, but it could be a big one. It will be at least as long as the Plague of Frogs cycle according to Mike Mignola.

All-New Member

That would be great, as I have been patiently waiting to read that story line in big chunks.

Off topic: I'm also looking forward to checking out Bergting's work on Baltimore. He was one of the artist's, in the old forum, that I wanted to see work in the Mignolaverse. If you like his work, you should check out The Portent.

The Claw of Justice!

That would be great, as I have been patiently waiting to read that story line in big chunks.

Off topic: I'm also looking forward to checking out Bergting's work on Baltimore. He was one of the artist's, in the old forum, that I wanted to see work in the Mignolaverse. If you like his work, you should check out The Portent.
    I haven't read that, but I do love his Baltimore work. He's definitely a good fit for the series.

All-New Member

The Portent is the only book of his that I've read. I have been wanting to read the sequel and his other GN Domovoi.

The Portent really reminds me of Fegredo's run on HB. I had to check the front to make sure the book wasn't colored by Stewart. It's very under read and under rated.

bergting_portent.jpg