Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Where is the Star Wars Discussion?

These books are selling in crazy numbers right now, yet I can't find any discussion of the Star Wars books in these message boards. Are they in another sub-forum?

Are these books simply not discussion worthy? I can't believe that is true given some of the topics currently trending on the Marvel boards now.

I happen to think the books are pretty good right now and I'm glad Marvel is investing some of the best creators in the business into making these books good. Anyone agree or disagree?

BANNED

I hope they get their own forum/board.

Incredible Member idisestablish's Avatar

Good point. I think the Ultimate Marvel sub-forum can be merged with Marvel now that that universe is officially gone, and Star Wars can take its place. It seems unlikely that anyone is going to post about Star Wars in this sub-forum.

Spideyparker75

Star Wars comics are the best that Marvel are doing right now. Awesome stuff. Im on for chatting about them with anyone

BANNED

I wonder if the Star Wars books are as popular among readers here as they are among people who don't frequent message boards? It seems strange that there aren't
    many threads started, considering how the books are selling. Nobody talks about Miracleman either.
    Maybe it's since they're outside MU continuity.
    I only buy Darth Vader, and I haven't read any of them yet, so I'm unable to discuss them at all. One of these days I will, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    I wonder if the Star Wars books are as popular among readers here as they are among people who don't frequent message boards? It seems strange that there aren't
    many threads started, considering how the books are selling. Nobody talks about Miracleman either.
    Maybe it's since they're outside MU continuity.
    I only buy Darth Vader, and I haven't read any of them yet, so I'm unable to discuss them at all. One of these days I will, though.
    Much better than the dark horse dreck imo.

I think most discussions about Star Wars books and comics happen at Star Wars fan sites. It's not just limited to Star Wars, but licensed books in general (Star Trek, G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc.) aren't really talked about a whole lot here. Definitely not enough to support their own sub-forums, IMO.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I think most discussions about Star Wars books and comics happen at Star Wars fan sites. It's not just limited to Star Wars, but licensed books in general (Star Trek, G.I. Joe, Transformers, etc.) aren't really talked about a whole lot here. Definitely not enough to support their own sub-forums, IMO.
    "If you build it, they will come."

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Much better than the dark horse dreck imo.
    Citation needed. I admit that Marvel's stuff is good, but the Marvel-to-Dark Horse comparison is apples-to-oranges since they're separate continuities. I will, however, defend the quality of a lot of Dark Horse's output any day of the week. They had some stinkers (in 20 years, that's inevitable), but they had a lot of great product as well.

So far I only read Princess Liea, it was good, plan to pick up Lando and Kanan soon.

Quote Originally Posted by idisestablish View Post
    "If you build it, they will come."
    Not for this.

At best, one could make a sticky thread for a general Star Wars comics discussion, but licensed comics really have never been a big topic of conversion even on fan sites.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Spectacular Member

I'd love a Star Wars forum/board.
    Current Pull List (updated for ANAD): Star Wars □ Darth Vader □ Lando □ Chewbacca □ Kanan □ uh... alot of ANAD but I still have decided what yet, lol

I think that is more like that most people in this board is more interested in the Marvel Universe than in comics made by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    I think that is more like that most people in this board is more interested in the Marvel Universe than in comics made by Marvel.
    What is "this board?" Most people that post at X-Books are interested in X-Books, most people that post in Batman are interested in Batman. No one is saying that the people posting here at the Marvel Comics sub-forum are interested in posting about the Marvel Universe. Many people that post here might also be posting about Green Lantern over in the DC sub-forum. That doesn't mean that no one would be interested in posting in a Star Wars sub-forum.

BANNED

I want a Star Wars board.