Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I hope it's not all creator owned projects and that they do some stuff that can be passed on to other creators over time. Creator owned stuff tends not to last very long due to talent moving on to other projects, giving up if it doesn't sell, and other such roadblocks, so hopefully Aftershock will do something more than creator owned books.

I think we do have enough shared universes in comics these days too though, with Dark Circle, Project Black Sky, Valiant, and the "big two" all putting out books in a shared universe I'm not so sure people will have room for another.
    Http://theretroghost.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @GhostlyRetro - Posting anything & everything retro! Comics, toys, videogames, pics, thoughts, ramblings, ect....

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRetro View Post
    I hope it's not all creator owned projects and that they do some stuff that can be passed on to other creators over time. Creator owned stuff tends not to last very long due to talent moving on to other projects, giving up if it doesn't sell, and other such roadblocks, so hopefully Aftershock will do something more than creator owned books.
    I dont really see the problem here. Would Preacher be much improved if it went on forever ala Spider-man/Batman etc? A lot of projects benefit from having a set beginning, middle and end. In fact id argue that the Big 2 should take more note of that.

As for cancellations due to low sales and the like; pretty sure this isnt exclusive to creator owned work.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
    I wonder in what way Aftershock will differentiate itself from the scores of other smaller publishers.
    This is a valid question.
    In what way can opening a new publishing house allow these creators involved to do something that they couldn't at Dark Horse, IDW or Boom?
    I don't see the threat to other publishers doing largely superhero fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime