Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Nope. In fact Monica deliberately set out to destroy the incoming earth, but couldn't bring herself to do it at the last second.
    Thanks. I appreciate it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Nope. In fact Monica deliberately set out to destroy the incoming earth, but couldn't bring herself to do it at the last second.
    That was more from Reed's position of looking down at them saying they had no right to judge the Illumanati since they weren't in the position as such she was putting herself on their level.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm betting it's none of these. I think that it's the 8 month gap and c something new slots them apart.
    X-Men Forever

Mighty Member

One or the other ate the others sandwich.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Steve offers to spar with Sam, who is reluctant about hurting an old man. Steve kicks his ass and he gets into his feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    I think it is time for Sam to be Falcon again. He is certainly good enough to be Captain America, but he was more fun as Falcon. Sam had vibranium wings to shield himself so he really doesn't need Cap's shield. Also I've noticed that after becoming Captain America he got more serious and only communicates with Redwing and not other birds. The time he tracked a crook through the city streets using a network of pidgeons was awesome.
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed changes in Sam after he became Captain America?
    He'll be Falcon eventually, but I think they want Sam to keep the mangle long enough to give Sam a fighting chance to be able to sustain his own on-going title without Captain America on the cover.

But Steve will eventually be Captain America again, because Steve IS Captain America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    I would say that Steve has a more radical way of dealing with things. One thing I like about Steve is he never backs down ever, but I can see how that same personality trait can to troublesome when it comes his friends. Sam may also just have a different viewpoint on how to deal with things.
    Yeah, he's often obsessed with keeping his Avengers "family" together that he would ignore the threats from within the team until it's too late.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tahhat View Post
    I think it is time for Sam to be Falcon again. He is certainly good enough to be Captain America, but he was more fun as Falcon. Sam had vibranium wings to shield himself so he really doesn't need Cap's shield. Also I've noticed that after becoming Captain America he got more serious and only communicates with Redwing and not other birds. The time he tracked a crook through the city streets using a network of pidgeons was awesome.
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed changes in Sam after he became Captain America?
    Sam used a army of birds in his solo and in Inhumans Special. He still calls for them just not in every single fight.

My #1 guess would be using so many young and underage heroes in Avengers?

Although Steve's been fine with Sam Alexander....Miles is what 13 or 14?

I never thought using so many kids was really in -character for a man from the 1940s and WWII would have thought...though he did fight with Bucky, they actually retconned Buck to be a bit older.
    Last edited by THANOSRULES; 08-27-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    He'll be Falcon eventually, but I think they want Sam to keep the mangle long enough to give Sam a fighting chance to be able to sustain his own on-going title without Captain America on the cover.

But Steve will eventually be Captain America again, because Steve IS Captain America.
    I'm late to the party, but I agree with this 100.

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post

I never thought using so many kids was really in -character for a man from the 1940s and WWII would have thought...though he did fight with Bucky, they actually retconned Buck to be a bit older.
    You're right, he went from early teens to being 16 (which is kind of accurate, many teenagers lied about their age to enlist in the military). And if that's the reason, then it kind of makes sense. Cap had a teenager do "avengering" with him in WW2. Bucky died, only to come back as a highly trained, brainwashed, traitorous assassin. Steve's experience with teenage heroes has been pretty negative to say the least. Also, I'm not sure I'd disagree with his point of view. Again, if this is the case.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Tastes great/less filling claims another friendship.
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post

One reason why Steve's okay with Sam is because no one has told him about Richard Rider.

Also, Peter could vouch for Miles and the same thing goes for Carol vouching for Kamala.

BANNED

i think these will be the main reasons

1.Letting Someone As Mysterious As Thor(Jane Foster)On the team when her identity to them is unknown how can he trust sam to be do right by the captain america mantle if one of his team mates has no background information
    2.i can only imagine that Kamala Khan's over the top fangirl attitude will result in steve telling sam that this is the reason why kids can't be on the avengers because they are always too eager to get into fights and be apart of the action without thinking about the consequences

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Maybe they picked opposite side from Cyclops and Wolverine's lovers quarrel.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Whatever is going on they have to settle it... IN SMASH!!

Serious answer: We probably won't know until ANAD but the "disagreeing over teens being on the Avengers" theory is an interesting one.