Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default What causes Steve and Sam to split post Secret Wars ?

Despite his heroic nature, one could say that Steve Rogers is a control freak more than Tony Stark is and given Steve more heroic holy than thou attitue, you could get a bit annoyed with him.

So I can see why Sam would split from him given his actions in Time Runs Out, that is if the heroes recall the events of Time Runs out Post Secret Wars, and if not that, then it has to be due to his sometimes controlling nature of the given situation.

However, what do you all think of the split between Steve and Sam post Secret Wars and what do you think caused that ?

BANNED

Old man over bearness.

Thread is ripe for more Steve bashing. Like he doesn't get that enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post

However, what do you all think of the split between Steve and Sam post Secret Wars and what do you think caused that ?
    Honestly? The fact it could sell.

But based on the last volume of All-New Captain America, I'm led to assume that Sam keeps what Misty Knight told him secret and Steve finds out, despite the fact Sam learning Misty lied about working for SHIELD. So yeah, grounds for Steve to be upset, but everyone is going to blame Steve anyways.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Eh i like old cranky Steve tbh.

I would say that Steve has a more radical way of dealing with things. One thing I like about Steve is he never backs down ever, but I can see how that same personality trait can to troublesome when it comes his friends. Sam may also just have a different viewpoint on how to deal with things.

Quote Originally Posted by gwenFan View Post
    Old man over bearness.
    Probably this. Sam will probably disagree with him over what Captain America needs to be doing.
    On ye olde CBR

Well Sam is working with Tony in post-Secret Wars, maybe there's still some bad blood between Steve and Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Well Sam is working with Tony in post-Secret Wars, maybe there's still some bad blood between Steve and Tony.
    I could see how Steve's actions in Time Runs Out May not be viewed to favorably by everyone. Especially when he fought Tony to the death.

Other then that, perhaps it has something to do with the Hydra is everywhere plot or something.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Maybe Steve is in global police mode

Niffleheim

Maybe Steve is hogging more time with Bucky and Sam is pissed at his blocking.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Incredible Member

I think the problem with the idea that Sam is upset with Steve due to his actions during Time Runs Out is that Sam was shown as part of Steve's SHIELD based Avengers team so it seems he had no problem with his mission to hunt down the Illuminati.

Also depending how much the super community know of the full events leading to Secret War in the aftermath of the event then Sam may know there's nothing Steve could have done to prevent it anyway. He may not look favourably on Steve's last actions as the world was ending was fighting Stark but I doubt that'd be enough for them to break up their friendship so if that's the reason it's pretty weak.
    Last edited by Orbus; 07-07-2015 at 01:55 PM.

In time runs out Steve lost his mind. He ignored the job and became obsessed with getting even with the Illuminati members because they ignored him and wiped his memory. The truth is they ultimately did listen to Steve. Only Namor could do the unthinkable. Steve ignored the Cabal and let them destroy world after world while obsessively chasing his former friends for planning on destroying worlds. I believe Steve's belief that what he was doing was right is what Sam cannot abide. The funny thing is the Steve and Tony in Manhattan could be 616 Steve and Tony. They were fighting in Manhattan when the incursion happened. Doom took part of Manhattan from both worlds. He effortlessly could have healed their injuries and removed their memories of the multiverse and the incursions and dropped them anywhere in the city they normally would be.

Steve dosen't agree with Sam on having teens on the main Avengers team (Nova, Ms Marvel, Miles Morales) and doesn't trust this mysterious female Thor either.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I could see how Steve's actions in Time Runs Out May not be viewed to favorably by everyone. Especially when he fought Tony to the death.

Other then that, perhaps it has something to do with the Hydra is everywhere plot or something.
    This is exactly it. It was all explained in 'Captain America & The Mighty Avengers'. He's already full pissed at Steve.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Or Maybe Sam put Tony on a tighter leash considering Tony's role in Civil War, his superior attitude and his role in Time Runs out. Besides, they need a big brain, but that doesn't mean they'll trust Tony fully for a long while.