Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodofthegods View Post
    This is my point with your comment in relation to Super's. Even if he did make a fake apology, would that squelch the noise in this thread? I don't think so. Some people just want to be outraged at nothing. And thanks to the internet something that happened in another country that has nothing to do with probably anyone in this thread, has turned into hate and venom for the man. Yeah he did something selfish, but all this ...is it needed?
    It would have went a long way to actually helping things quiet down online. Instead Suydam issued a dumb bully response on CBR. Saw even more people get angry at that tactic and then pulled the response. It was the worst possible move.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

This is my point with your comment in relation to Super's. Even if he did make a fake apology, would that squelch the noise in this thread? I don't think so.
    Depends on whose "noise" you want "squelched" I suppose. It seems rather clear that there is a wildly divergent set of opinions on who here is making valid observations and who is simply making noise.

Some people just want to be outraged at nothing.
    The only signs of "outrage" I've seen in this particular thread have come from the people trying to shout down anyone attempting to discuss the actual, stated topic on which this thread is based, namely Suydam's behavior and the subsequent reaction to it. For the most part, I haven't really seen much (if anything) in the way of heated emotions coming from the people criticizing Suydam (again, speaking specifically of this thread). Most of the roiling emotion comes from those attempting to defend him (or to silence anyone who criticizes him).

And thanks to the internet something that happened in another country that has nothing to do with probably anyone in this thread, has turned into hate and venom for the man. Yeah he did something selfish, but all this ...is it needed?
    Since when is the internet confined to a single country? And since is something that happens in one country inherently irrelevant to anyone in any other country? And since when are people enjoined from discussing events that occur outside of whatever country they happen to be in? All that being said (not that it should have to be) . . . this is a forum for comic book, film, and pop culture fans, and the incident in question occurred at a convention for comic book, film, and pop culture fans. So, yes . . . relevant.