Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It is? I would've assumed he got to end his Lois/Brainiac story.
    Lobdell seems to be co-writing Superman Annual #2, which is heavy on the Brainiac, but the conclusion looks to be in August's "Superman Doomed #2", which only has Pak and Soule in the credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Lobdell seems to be co-writing Superman Annual #2, which is heavy on the Brainiac, but the conclusion looks to be in August's "Superman Doomed #2", which only has Pak and Soule in the credits.
    That Annual came out last year. Its the issue that started Lois down her current path.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I think Lois is going to play a big part in the defeat of the DOOMSDAY virus.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brik-el View Post
    That Annual came out last year. Its the issue that started Lois down her current path.

That may well be the dumbest thing I've ever posted. I checked the date and everything. "July. Cool."

So yes, the end of Lobdell. I liked H'el on Earth and the Orion issues enough to be saddened that his departure is now such a good thing for the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That would be great. Although, I hope it wouldn't be a near replay of Superman #24:

Something like this but not exactly like this would be cool.

That may well be the dumbest thing I've ever posted. I checked the date and everything. "July. Cool."
    According to Greg Pak, he'll be writing another Lois-centric annual for Action Comics this summer. So while it won't be Lobdell, annual featuring Lois is still on the horizon.
    Last edited by misslane; 05-30-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoeus View Post
    Just read it and I don't know what to think. It's the usual 'Lobdell Superman' thing I guess. I didn't hate it but I don't really like it either. Overall, I'm not sure this issue was really necessary. I already knew Superman was sick, Lois was 'Brainiac-ed', the league was looking for a cure... No, I really don't think it was necessary.
    Anyway, Bye Scott (Lobdell)!
    Yeah. if this issue was 'flawed' then that would have been the weight of it. Now, it's just 'wait' 'til next month to see if we get a return to the general goodness that this run had.
    Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post

Yeah, this is pretty easy to skip. It didn't help for me that I don't read Teen Titans, so seeing the story jump to the Titans didn't add a particularly useful layer for me. To its credit, I am more curious about what's the deal with Lois Laniac, but I feel like the only thing you miss if you pass up on this issue is wonder how did Superman go from lockup to St. Louis.
    "Lois Laniac" -HA! Good one. She looked good on the cover too! Yeah, I know nothing bout the new Titans either. Not even Superboy's current connection to them. Maybe some can post in this thread any good stuff to expect from meeting Kal. Hm, is that thing on Raven's head a... HEY! - is that Wonder Girl in new bra-busting costume!? Ala Donna Troy's eversexy everstarry black latex she sported forever?

TEENTITN.jpg

BANNED

This issue felt like filler.

Superman thinking it's a good idea to tell the world not to trust him is ill advised and redundant. It was little more than an excuse to bring Lois into the plot.

The hug was weird, it probably happen because Lobdell got some sort of negative feedback about the Wondy/Lois tension.

BANNED

I liked H'el on Earth
    I guess some one had to...

This issue was...odd. Not unenjoyable, but def odd. It felt even less relevant than last week's Batman/Superman.

The little character moments were nice, especially Dr. Veritas' and Diana and Lois'.

The dialogue was less hammy than we're accustomed to with Lobdell, which was nice to see, save for Clark himself who came off a little too spacey.

I enjoyed it, but it felt too much like it was counting time until the next chapter. This would have been okay, save for the fact that SM/BM offered much the same vibe last week.

I'm still stoked to see where 'Doomed' goes though, as well as JRJR's arrival to the book next month! So, it's all good.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Incredible Member

I thought that Lobdell was a writer with good ideas, but that they always went south quickly. To me it was a good/bad issue- its good to see Lobdell leave after a bad issue. Allthe heros acted in ways the normally don't, Shay showed emotion yes, but it wasn't nesecarry for the story. And the hug, where did it come from.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Applaud your optimism wrt Lois.

I did find this story a big disjointed. Superman wants the people to know not to trust him, but he also doesn't want to stay put. Maybe his mind is in conflict because of the Doomsday influence, but still reads odd. The Brainiac-Lois bit is odd as well. There's no provided reason for why he's seeing these visions. Lois herself seems to not notice, which is odd if she's the cause. And if she is the cause, how can she know about the conflict with the Teen Titans? It would've been more believable if he picked that up via super hearing, I think.

I do agree the exchange between Lois and Wonder Woman is odd. Also, the change in artists is weird, simply because they draw Cyborg differently--it's hard to know it's the same character when he shows up the second time.

So, it's a bit sloppy, and doesn't really seem to advance the plot much. A shame, really.

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I have enjoyed Lobdell's run. I don't know why people think a writer has to "go out with a bang" just because its their last issue... I think they just need to continue whatever story arc they are in at the moment.

I overall enjoy every SM comic. Not too excited about the new team coming next issue but I will still buy it...SM is the selling point for me, not the writer or artist