Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Green Arrow & Black Canary(with Oliver treating Dinah with a lot more respect).
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Without a doubt Lois and Clark. They were literally CREATED for each other. Superman comics just don't feel quite right when they aren't together in some fashion. It's frankly my only remaining sticking point with the current version of the character.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-08-2015 at 02:31 PM.

I want Wally's relationship with his wife and kids restored.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Incredible Member

I miss the relationship of the 5 founding Titans most but as lots of other people have said that I want to add I also miss Courtney (Stargirl)'s relationship with Pat (S.T.R.I.P.E)

Cheers.

James.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Guy and Ice.
    The relationship has only been touched upon a few times - most recently in the final issue of Red Lanterns - but I'm pretty sure they're still together (or at least on again/off again).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hawkman and Hawkgirl would be ace. But really the entire classic Justice Society. Them and the Titans were more than teams, they were families. It's sad that it doesn't seem like there's a place for that in the DCnU.

I liked how J'onn saw Gypsy as a surrogate daughter ... he seems such a lonley character!

- Jay and Joan Garrick
    - Silver Age Katar and Shayera Hol
    - Lois and Clark
    - Wally West and Linda Park... of course, they'd have to exist first, but still...

Seriously, there were a ton of great couples in DC. It's a shame they've all been removed from continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hotroddii View Post
    I liked how J'onn saw Gypsy as a surrogate daughter ... he seems such a lonley character!
    Yeah, I hate that J'onn's much darker and underhanded in the new 52, he needs some humanity again and some connections to humanity and the superheroes outside his own supporting cast.

BANNED

Cyborg and the Teen Titans. He maybe a member of the Justice League, but his origins remain within the Teen Titans.

Hard to pick just one. I guess I never realized how much romantic relationships in comics mattered to me until they were all dissolved. The obviousness of Lois and Clark is there, but I think I've honestly come to terms with that one. From the start though, Oliver and Dinah was a big one. Wally and Linda. Guy and Ice. Renee and Kate. Midnighter and Apollo. Jay and Joan. The Hawks. And all the extended family characters of the Arrow/Flash books.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Vixen and Tattoo Man. I found it interesting that Vixen fall for an anti-villain and I was interested where that relationship could go. I dunno if the current Tattoo Man is in new 52 but I hope they rid of slipknot murdering his son.

Atom (Ryan Choi) and Giganta - another hero/villain. This one was something that sitcoms are made of and that's what made the relationship so much fun.

Lois and Clark. Superman's an authority/father figure and symbolically, being married helps sell that image; him being a single guy in his mid twenties feels wrong.

I miss the bromance between Hal and Ollie, but they're both so different now I dunno how it would work. It'd likely just feel forced. That's why Im not so intent on seeing old dynamics brought back. Let things evolve naturally. Some things will be the same, others wont be. For all we know, the next great bromance is Black Lightning-OMAC.

Ollie and Dinah. They're both more interesting when they're together than they are apart. But Dinah needs to be written as more an equal partner and less as a damsel in distress or a punching bag for Ollie's douchebaggery.

Hawkman and Hawkwoman. Dont think I really even need to explain this one.

And Ryan Choi and Giganta. They were great!
    Last edited by Ascended; 07-08-2015 at 06:08 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

None I can think of off the top of my head. The Superboy/Cass teasing was fun back in its day, but Cass isn't even around these days so its hardly an option.

But Lois and Clark has been played to death and its been beyond refreshing to go in a new direction with that dynamic {Superman should never be married off period ever again, unless its a future tale), Ollie in his old portrayal, despite his changes later in life was a gigantic douche toward women who didn't deserve Dinah, and Barrry and Iris became just window dressing with no real identity, kinda like the Lois and Clark marriage only worse...can't say I miss any of that.

There's nothing inherently beneficial to any of the relationships the New 52 wiped out, frankly. They just were, until 2011, familiar. And familiar is not a good enough reason in my book to go back to any of them. Give me fresh takes.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-08-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

None that I'd want to see handled under the New 52 / DCYou .