Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

I was thinking this would be a serious talk on Marvel villains. But after reading 8 pages and no one mentioning Leap Frog I can see how wrong I was.

If I had to do a list I would do.

Doctor Doom
    Magneto
    Loki
    Thanos
    Ultron

I was thinking Green Goblin but up until the last decade or so he has been stuck in Spider Man's world. I did my list based on villains who have threatened the world and other heroes as a whole.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-21-2020 at 05:20 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Here are the updated vote tallies...

Doctor Doom: 49

Magneto: 35

Green Goblin: 29

Loki: 29

Red Skull: 24

Ultron: 17

Thanos: 14

Kang: 6

Apocalypse: 4

Mandarin: 4

Doctor Octopus: 3

Bullseye: 2

Mephisto: 1

Juggernaut: 1

Dark Phoenix: 1

Maximus: 1

Galactus: (disqualified; seen more as anti-hero/force of nature by most)

Doom
    Green Goblin
    Thanos
    Loki

I'd include Magneto but being real at this point he has been more often on the side of the X-Men.

OK. since we haven't defined how to get on Mount Rushmore, I'll pick the villains that would make me pick up their comic and have been world threats. I'm not putting Magneto in there as he is now really more the anti-hero, a la Namor.

1. Doctor Doom
    2. Kang
    3. Ultron
    4. Doctor Octopus
    5. Loki

Doctor Doom
    Doctor Doom
    Doctor Doom
    Doctor Doom
    Doctor Doom

Not trying to be funny or anything but if Doctor Doom gets a spot the others would have to be on his level and no one is on Doom's level.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'm surprised Red Skull is 5th.
    "Cable was right!"

Doctor Doom
    Green Goblin
    Red Skull
    Sentinel

Honestly don't think Magneto and Loki count as villains anymore.

Doom and Osborn are no brainers with how iconic they are.

Red Skull is incredibly relevant in today's times (unfortunately), so he gets in as well, even though I think he needs to be utilised better.

Last spot had to be an X-Men villain and was a toss up between a Sentinel head and Sinister, the latter who is fast becoming mutantkind's biggest threat. But the Sentinels will always have more impact as the face of mankind's hatred and intolerance.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

A while back, there was a set of Marvel bookends that came out from Diamond Select ..one section was heroes, one was villains. I've only seen these once at a comic shop. But it's pretty cool that the villains depicted are pretty spot on with the poll results

Oooh, how have I not seen this thread before. If I was picking five villains for Mount Rushmore.

Doctor Doom: Because come on, it's DOOM! None are greater than Doom!

Apocalypse: Mainly for his iconic position in the X-Men Animated series and as others have said, Magneto barely counts as a villain and I wanted a mutant on there.

Green Goblin/Norman: Not only is he forever a throne in Spider-Man's side but he's done other things for the villain community as well. Dark Avengers, evil Illuminati?

Ultron: Killer robot who upgrades himself constantly.

Kang: One of the biggest supervillain roaches to exist.

My votes are for:

1. Dr. Doom - Doom has his bouts of decency, for sure, but he's still ultimately driven by his own wants, whether they line up with the idea of being altruistic or not.
    2. Red Skull - I mean, the personification of one of the greatest evils out there. Definitely not a villain who will ever stray into temporary herodom.
    3. Thanos - Death and pain on a cosmic scale, fueled by a combination of love and nihilistic zealotry. No one is safe from his designs.
    4. Green Goblin - The opposite end of the spectrum. Whereas Thanos seeks to destroy everything, Goblin's evil is small, often just focusing on a single individual, with no real "movement" behind it. Obviously still potent, though.

Runners-up would be Loki, Ultron, Annihilus, Mephisto, Kang, Dormammu, Apocalypse, and Dracula.

Magneto has now been on the side of angels (or at least angel-adjacent) for the majority of his existence since his debut, so I don't think he belongs here anymore. And I've always viewed Galactus as a force of nature more than a villain.

First off, I love circling back to this thread every so often and seeing new comments/votes!

I think the pic posted above in comment #128 (with the bookends) pretty much solidifies the base-line for most of us.

Again - please keep in mind this is a FIVE-HEADED Mt. Rushmore.

I get it that Magneto is no longer a primary villain, but iconically he still stands the test of time for most of us.

If you prefer not to include him, I think the majority of us would understand ...but I personally feel Loki should remain since he can never truly be trusted.

Finally, THANK YOU to each of you who have responded since the last vote update.

Here are the updated vote tallies...

Doctor Doom: 55

Magneto: 36

Green Goblin: 33

Loki: 31

Red Skull: 26

Ultron: 19

Thanos: 15

Kang: 8

Apocalypse: 5

Mandarin: 4

Doctor Octopus: 4

Bullseye: 2

Mephisto: 1

Juggernaut: 1

Dark Phoenix: 1

Maximus: 1

Sentinel(s): 1

Galactus: (disqualified; seen more as anti-hero/force of nature by most)

*FYI, voting for the same character 5x in your reply still only equals 1 vote.

Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, Thanos easily.

Doctor Doom, Magneto, Red Skull, and Green Goblin if we're going by the classic comics.

With the advent of the MCU, I'd replace Red Skull and Green Goblin with Loki and Thanos.

Magento is still seen by the general public as a villain. Ask a random person on the street and they'll peg him as a villain and probably not even consider him to be a hero.

EDIT: Saw that this is a five-headed Mount Rushmore. In which case I'd go with Doctor Doom, Magneto, Red Skull, Green Goblin and Loki. Thanos is a close 6th. I was somewhat inspired by the Chaos Engine trilogy where the three big bads were Doom, Magneto, and Red Skull.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 09-07-2023 at 06:47 PM.

Heavily factoring in how they would actually look as a sculpture.
    Mount Marvel Villains.jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Guardian of Good View Post
    Doom, Magneto, Green Goblin, Thanos easily.
    And for your fifth?