Default Future of the Mignolaverse?

So, after reading a few Lobster Johnson GN's I really started to love this character and am wondering if anyone knows what the future holds for him beyond his upcoming mini? Same with Sledgehammer 44, any future plans that we know about?

I'm looking forward to more Abe Sapien moving forward as well and am hoping to see more new characters introduced as time goes by. What do you guys think the future holds for the Mignolaverse?
    Http://theretroghost.blogspot.com

Follow me on Twitter @GhostlyRetro - Posting anything & everything retro! Comics, toys, videogames, pics, thoughts, ramblings, ect....

The Claw of Justice!

Besides the Lobster Johnson one-shot coming out in a few weeks, I think there are a few other one shots planned, one of which will be illustrated by Kevin Nowlan. I think Tonci Zonjic is working on a longer miniseries like Get the Lobster that I would guess comes out sometime next year. But, I could be wrong.
    The Sledgehammer suit will be in the next BPRD arc, but I'm not sure if there will be more stories about the Sledgehammer suit in the '40s.

Fantastic Member

We will know some more after this weekend hopefully. The Dark Horse panel has some big announcements apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRetro View Post
    What do you guys think the future holds for the Mignolaverse?
    Quote Originally Posted by zerodemon View Post
    We will know some more after this weekend hopefully. The Dark Horse panel has some big announcements apparently.
    It seems to me that indeed once SDCC is done there could likely be new announcements shortly.

Because eventhough a good number of titles may appear bleak and Apocalyptic most currently, the Mignolaverse has been getting a pretty steady and healthy stream of titles of late.
    Rather impressively as well as super-inspiring for any fan of comics to read, I would feel.

Such as Witchfinder / Unland, Lobster Johnson, Sledgehammer 45 as well as Abe Sapien on his own title. So haunting and gripping and dedicatedly made it could at times be daunting a little to be reading it all.

Plus next to the current B.P.R.D. the new standalone title Hellboy And The B.P.R.D. was introduced last year, likely to an ungoing sort of fashion, as proposing thrilling tales from the 1950s potentially al the way up to Seed of Destruction as forming full circle with the current Hellboy, being Hellboy In Hell, as well as the B.P.R.D.

Aside of which the non-Hellboy-Universe but still very much Mignola-related titles are there, such as the new version of the illustrated Baltimore novel (released two days ago) and the upcoming Joe Golem, being both original comic titles between mr Mike and mr Christopher Golden.

It seems to me that although Hellboy or the B.P.R.D may often seem to be in *a dark place* a stunning wealth of books are seeing the light of day!

From an ever diverse and inspired team of creatives, some old some new, where longrunning names step aside other ones enter - and vice-versa.

I'd say that for Mignola fans it seems things keep on looking up so much it almost hurts, but only in a good way!!
    Last edited by Kees_L; 07-09-2015 at 06:39 AM.
    SLINT / Mike Mignola / Walt Whitman / Arthur Lourié / Dr. Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by GhostlyRetro View Post
    So, after reading a few Lobster Johnson GN's I really started to love this character and am wondering if anyone knows what the future holds for him beyond his upcoming mini? Same with Sledgehammer 44, any future plans that we know about?

I'm looking forward to more Abe Sapien moving forward as well and am hoping to see more new characters introduced as time goes by. What do you guys think the future holds for the Mignolaverse?
    In regards to Lobster Johnson, there's an issue drawn by Toni Fejzula coming at the end of the year and another one-shot by Kevin Nowlan next year. Expect a few more one-shots and short stories after that, all of which will make up Lobster Johnson – Volume 5. Meanwhile, Tonci Zonjic is busy working on Lobster Johnson – Volume 6. I've no idea when this one will be coming out, but you can see glimpses of Tonci Zonjic's process on his Twitter account.

As for Sledgehammer 44, I have no idea.

As for the rest, I think I'll just say, The Impossible Will Happen.
    Last edited by middenway; 08-11-2015 at 07:16 PM.

The Claw of Justice!

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    In regards to Lobster Johnson, there's an issue drawn by Toni Fejzula coming at the end of the year and another one-shot by Kevin Nowlan. Expect a few more one-shots and short stories after that, all of which will make up Lobster Johnson – Volume 5. Meanwhile, Tonci Zonjic is busy working on Lobster Johnson – Volume 6. I've no idea when this one will be coming out, but you can see glimpses of Tonci Zonjic's process on his Twitter account.
    Cool. I can't wait for the next issue of Lobster Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by LobsterJohnson View Post
    Cool. I can't wait for the next issue of Lobster Johnson.
    Sorry, I edited my original post. The way I phrased it originally made it sound like the Kevin Nowlan issue will be coming out this year. It won't. It's next year.