Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default INFERNO #3 Discussion/Spoiler Thread: Bamf Dragon

You know the score by now.

Synopsis:
    spoilers:
    From the preview pages: Colossus leads Domino, Madelyne, Havoquaman, Kid Cable and the goblin horde up through the Empire State Building with little difficulty, only to find Darkchild already gone. This doesn't sit well with him. Meanwhile, just outside the dome, Darkchild and her minions appear, teleported out by the demonic Nightcrawler.

Colossus demands that his newly-minted alliance goes in pursuit of Darkchild but gets laughed at - he's forgotten that Kurt is/was the only way through the dome, and he's on the other side now.

The assembled X-Men - and I mean ALL of them - engage the demon horde in battle. Jean susses out the 'bamf dragon' is really Kurt but nobody seems to know how to help him. Things are going so poorly that the science and magic support crews join in the fight, leaving Beast and Dr. Strange alone to hold the forcefield in place...which unfortunately leaves them rather outgunned when Darkchild bamfs her way inside the base.

Back inside the Empire State, Colossus and Domino have a private, frank discussion about his priorities. He calms down, they kiss...and then the forcefield overhead decays and collapses. The whole of the Inferno empties and converges on the X-Men while Darkchild brandishes Strange's cloak and Beast's tech goggles as trophies.

And down in the subway, the little dwarf guy from #2 - here called Henson - remarks how all of this is playing out exactly how his master predicted. Said master is revealed as, of course, Mister Sinister.
    end of spoilers

Initial thoughts:
    - Not nearly as much development plot-wise as #2 - with Boom Boom's subplot in particular stalling - most of the page space is given over to one of the biggest damn battles I've seen in an X-book in quite some time.
    - I'm really not lying when I say 'ALL' the X-Men either. So many cameos!
    - Madelyne continues to be perfect but Darkchild's getting a lot more fun too. She effs up some pretty big names pretty badly here.
    - I was considering calling the demonic Kurt 'Nightmarecrawler' but, eh, Bamf Dragon will do.

Chat away.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Spectacular Member

The Goblin Queen and The Darkchild are so much fun! Wish there was a book featuring the two.

BANNED

Did Hollow show up on this issue?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Did Hollow show up on this issue?
    Not that I could see. She could show up in the next issue where she's on the cover of #4. I didn't see much of the Gen X team in the cameos.

So spoilers:
    Sinister
    end of spoilersset up a sting expecting Collosus to go in one more time to get Darkchild, and then he would anticipate the dome collapsing so he can take over Limbo? What next? Mutopia?

Incredible Member

It's rather impressive the splash page Javier Garron drew for the battle with all the cameos

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    So spoilers:
    Sinister
    end of spoilersset up a sting expecting Collosus to go in one more time to get Darkchild, and then he would anticipate the dome collapsing so he can take over Limbo?
    It would seem that way although it could be another motive.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

Great issue, but it really makes me wish that Hopeless was on a book more like EXM after Secret Wars rather than All-New.

BANNED

the reveal was a bit underwhelming. all things considering.

During the big Bamf Dragon brawl, was that Skids getting her ass slapped by a demon in the background?

Also, I hope Maddie and Darkchild get a scene together, mainly because that would be the greatest bit of scenery chewing action in x-history, and it would be glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    So spoilers:
    Sinister
    end of spoilersset up a sting expecting Collosus to go in one more time to get Darkchild, and then he would anticipate the dome collapsing so he can take over Limbo? What next? Mutopia?
    Well, he probably suspected that Magik would try to capture Kurt, since he has the power to cross the force field. So when Colossus arrived with a team way weaker than usual, he knew this would be the time she succeeded.

Anyone willing to give a head count on those cameos? Some name dropping?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Anyone willing to give a head count on those cameos? Some name dropping?
    Skids, Kitty, Rogue, Feral, Warpath, Dazzler, Marrow, Cloak, Dagger, Iceman, Mystique, Storm, Archangel, Meggan, Captain Britain, Juggernaut, Cece Reyes, Longshot, Psylocke, Wiz Kid, Cannonball, Banshee, Strong Guy, Polaris, Shatterstar, Sunspot, Caliban, and one more whose name I forget.

>Another great issue. Really enjoyed Garon's art and Hopeless' quotes and puns.
    >The cameos were awesome. Fixx. There was a FIXX cameo. I <3 Hopeless.
    fixxinf.jpg
    >I was hoping to see Boom Boomer Meltboom on Sinister's operating table, though. It would have made it clear to some people exactly where she ended up.
    >The X-Men's headquarters is Deep Space Nine. Yay.
    >JEAN LIVES!!! My hope for a Phoenix Jean/Goblin Queen smackdown continues!
    jeaninf.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hero Cameo roll call:
    On the big splash page:
    - Rogue, Storm, Phoenix (Rachel), Marrow, Dazzler, Gambit, Maggot, Psylocke, Captain Britain, Cloak, Dagger (miscolored), Iceman, Mystique, Penance/Hollow, Archangel, Meggan, Juggernaut, Skids, Rictor, Cannonball, Cecilia Reyes, Longshot, Banshee, Shadowcat, Whiz Kid, Cyclops, Jean Grey
    Following pages:
    - Polaris, Strong Guy, Multiple Man, Sunfire, Sunspot, Caliban, Wolfsbane, Shatterstar, Fixx, Warpath, Skin, (unknown dead soldier with head turned away from reader), Broo, Forge, Vision, Brother Voodoo, Sister Grimm, Wiccan, Dr. Nemesis, Beast, Dr. Strange