Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.LD.

I haven't seen any threads discussing the upcoming Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. so I thought I'd create one. Along with Amazing Spider-Man, this is one of the two titles in the All-New All-Different Marvel I'm most excited for. I was sold on it as soon as I saw the cover and read the tagline. I find the whole "monsters fighting for humanity" thing very exciting, most likely due to the influence of A. Lee Martinez, one of my favorite authors. He uses a lot of monsters in his work.

I also came across an interview Yahoo did with Frank Barbiere and Brent Schoonover where they talk about what to expect from the series. It even includes a black-and-white preview image!

http://news.yahoo.com/frank-barbiere...194000535.html

Again, I am super pumped to see where this new series goes. It's one of the reasons I'm here and planning to get more into comics than I ever have been before.

I'm pumped for this too. I've been wanting more supernatural themed books in Marvel for some time. I was hoping for Midnight Sons, but this works too.

Not only do they have monsters, but also Dum Dum Dugan too!! I'm just going to ignore the LMD retcon and assume this is the real deal.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Mighty Member

I'd actually be more into this if they weren't connected to SHIELD. One of the things I liked about Frankencastle was the glimpse into monster society and how they governed and protected themselves. They might go into a bit of that in the book, but it might also be a missed opportunity. I understand why they made it a SHIELD book, brand recognition, but I can't shake the feeling that being a SHIELD book restricts the kind of stories they could tell with these characters. SHIELD is all missions, bureaucracy, conspiracy so on and so forth. Granted, being attached to a recognizable formula could also prove helpful when you're dealing with characters that are not entirely recognizable themselves. Where you would otherwise have no clue as to what the book is about, being part of SHIELD gives you some conception of what might happen.

Don't know why Hit-Monkey is on this team. I suppose Rocket Racoon is doing so well they decided to add a gun wielding animal mascot.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    I'd actually be more into this if they weren't connected to SHIELD. One of the things I liked about Frankencastle was the glimpse into monster society and how they governed and protected themselves. They might go into a bit of that in the book, but it might also be a missed opportunity. I understand why they made it a SHIELD book, brand recognition, but I can't shake the feeling that being a SHIELD book restricts the kind of stories they could tell with these characters. SHIELD is all missions, bureaucracy, conspiracy so on and so forth. Granted, being attached to a recognizable formula could also prove helpful when you're dealing with characters that are not entirely recognizable themselves. Where you would otherwise have no clue as to what the book is about, being part of SHIELD gives you some conception of what might happen.

Don't know why Hit-Monkey is on this team. I suppose Rocket Racoon is doing so well they decided to add a gun wielding animal mascot.
    I agree with you, but I'm still happy these guys get to be featured in a book, even if it is SHIELD related. I'm hoping the SHIELD aspects are minimal though, but it does provide a bit of order to a team that shouldn't really be able to work together as a unit very well given the number of wild cards.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Manphibian's been around since the seventies? Where the heck have I been?

The only thing missing from this pic and team is Frankencastle

At first I thought the wolf was Werewolf By Night, actually I wish it was him.

Also to be more mystical/magical they could of have Dugan's soul be trapped inside the LMD.

I'm looking forward to this as well. I hope Frankenstein's monster is in this. I loved the FrankenCastle story arc. I also hope it doesn't meet the same fate as DC's Agents of Shade. I also hope to see various other monsters. Tomb of Dracula. The Living Mummy. I'm assuming that's Jack Russell Werewolf by Night on the cover.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Manphibian's been around since the seventies? Where the heck have I been?
    He only had a one shot and he also had a mate(read Frankencastle and find out what happen to her and their kids, take a whole new meaning of "women in the fridge")

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post

I hope we will see Queen Shiklah and The Legion of Monsters down the line in Monster Metropolis or Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    The only thing missing from this pic and team is Frankencastle

At first I thought the wolf was Werewolf By Night, actually I wish it was him.

Also to be more mystical/magical they could of have Dugan's soul be trapped inside the LMD.
    It could still be Jack Russell just using the War Wolf name cause Vic Marcus looked is WAY different in the old mini he had bone spikes coming out of his back and forehead. This just looks like a normal werewolf.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaquar View Post
    It could still be Jack Russell just using the War Wolf name cause Vic Marcus looked is WAY different in the old mini he had bone spikes coming out of his back and forehead. This just looks like a normal werewolf.
    Barbiere said it's Warwolf and not Werewolf by Night, so I really doubt it. Different artists draw characters differently.

https://twitter.com/atlasincognita/s...18203047591936

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Barbiere said it's Warwolf and not Werewolf by Night, so I really doubt it. Different artists draw characters differently.

https://twitter.com/atlasincognita/s...18203047591936
    I'll have to wait and see cause covers are very miss leading and if the artist is going for a generic werewolf look on Vic then shame on him(JK I don't give a ****). The last time Warwolf got an artist change he look like a damn rabbit.
    Last edited by Chimeratengun; 07-07-2015 at 05:22 PM.

I haven't been reading Superior Iron Man so I don't have a clue of teen Abomination. Is he a good character or just an angry kid cliche?

Another interview.

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24843/...ield_unleashed

I haven't been reading Superior Iron Man so I don't have a clue of teen Abomination. Is he a good character or just an angry kid cliche?
    I think he's an all right character.

I like Teen Abomination from Superior Iron Man but the team is lacking in the female department. Maybe they should have went with one of the female Gamma mutates Abominatrix, Ogress are Harpy to equal out the team. Horde might have been another good choice since he comprises a being of merged men and women. They could also add the symbiote wearing Scorn to add a more female presence.
    Last edited by Lonewolf36; 07-08-2015 at 01:18 PM.