Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

I didn't mind the first issue. I didn't expect much after all. I'm not sure why MJ and May are living in the Iron and Peter is in the Blue though. Doesn't make sense to me if people were allowed to choose which side to live on. Was nice seeing Ghost Rider and Punisher be part of the heroes who handled the Secret Invasion, though I'm not sure how Osborn got into an even higher position than director or SHIELD if he didn't fire the last shot in SI. Lot of holes in this alternate history, I wish it was explored more.

I think what people have to understand is that this is a Cap and Iron Man story, not an event story.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Steve Rogers, here as Sherrif, is a little scrawny, so I wonder if a travelling medicine show, a Docter Erskine, comes and gives Rogers an elixir to make him into a super soldier, or he stays a little been stalk in this.
    I think you're looking for the 1872 thread lol
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-09-2015 at 05:40 AM.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    And where did you get Panther called Hill to say Cap ordered the bomb to detonate? That wasn't in my book
    You should have your book returned, then, or go see an ophtalmologist.

Black Panther clearly states: "Iron Man rigged the prison with a self-destruct. He just activated the system!". So unless you think Tony Stark was behind all that, Black Panther was lying.

Now, Maria Hill also clearly states that Black Panther set the base to auto-destruct and claimed he did it under Captain America's order. Given how we know Black Panther was lying about Tony Stark having activated the explosion, it doesn't really take a genius to see that Black Panther also lied about Steve Rogers ordering the explosion.

Only one person could have told both sides the same lie - that the other side set the bomb to explode. And the only person we saw using the console and hacking into it happened to be the same person who was in position to lie to both sides:

Black Panther.

You can accept it or not. But it doesn't change what was in your book.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    You should have your book returned, then, or go see an ophtalmologist.

Black Panther clearly states: "Iron Man rigged the prison with a self-destruct. He just activated the system!". So unless you think Tony Stark was behind all that, Black Panther was lying.

Now, Maria Hill also clearly states that Black Panther set the base to auto-destruct and claimed he did it under Captain America's order. Given how we know Black Panther was lying about Tony Stark having activated the explosion, it doesn't really take a genius to see that Black Panther also lied about Steve Rogers ordering the explosion.

Only one person could have told both sides the same lie - that the other side set the bomb to explode. And the only person we saw using the console and hacking into it happened to be the same person who was in position to lie to both sides:

Black Panther.

You can accept it or not. But it doesn't change what was in your book.
    I was under the impression that Maria Hill orchestrated the sides being at war.

Black Panther finds the bomb, tells Steve it's rigged to explode. Steve thinks Stark is behind it because, duh, it's his prison.

Stark, however, knows nothing of it because it wasn't him who put it there. So Maria Hill tells him Black Panther put it there under Steve's orders.

Maria Hill successfully turns Cap and Iron Man against each other, escalating the war. Either she's working for someone, or she's the one pulling strings. Either way, she lied, so she's hiding something.

And I think the one who fired the shot at Cap might actually be either Crossbones or a brainwashed Winter Soldier working for Hill or Red Skull.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post

Black Panther finds the bomb, tells Steve it's rigged to explode. Steve thinks Stark is behind it because, duh, it's his prison.

Stark, however, knows nothing of it because it wasn't him who put it there. So Maria Hill tells him Black Panther put it there under Steve's orders.

Maria Hill successfully turns Cap and Iron Man against each other, escalating the war. Either she's working for someone, or she's the one pulling strings. Either way, she lied, so she's hiding something.

And I think the one who fired the shot at Cap might actually be either Crossbones or a brainwashed Winter Soldier working for Hill or Red Skull.
    Very well said.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yep. But, nooooo, it's easier to say that Marvel is racist rather than to think a little.

Fantastic Member

Steve thinks Stark is behind it because, duh, it's his prison.
    Black Panther said Stark is behind the exploding bomb. Which, as we all know, is a lie. Ergo, he was lying.

So Maria Hill tells him Black Panther put it there under Steve's orders.

Maria Hill tells Stark Black Panther told her, right before killing her, that he claimed he was doing it on Rogers' orders. We see that she is, in fact, in a pool of blood among dead agents as she says so. Ergo, you have no evidence that she's lying, while we know Black Panther was lying.

All the facts point at Black Panther being the liar and the one behind the war. There is no evidence that Hill was lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yep. But, nooooo, it's easier to say that Marvel is racist rather than to think a little.
    I would suggest you to do the latter, if you think I have done the former.

Black Panther said Stark is behind the exploding bomb. Which, as we all know, is a lie. Ergo, he was lying.

Maria Hill tells Stark Black Panther told her, right before killing her, that he claimed he was doing it on Rogers' orders. We see that she is, in fact, in a pool of blood among dead agents as she says so. Ergo, you have no evidence that she's lying, while we know Black Panther was lying.

All the facts point at Black Panther being the liar and the one behind the war. There is no evidence that Hill was lying.

I would suggest you to do the latter, if you think I have done the former.
    this fan fiction is amazing.

I think it's worth considering the possibility that Panther might have just assumed it was a self destruct sequence set by Stark because it was his prison.

Maria Hill assumed Black Panther set the bomb up because he was the one who discovered it at the time it was activated. It could very well be that both sides assumed the other set the bomb up when it was actually a third party that was responsible. Which would mean both sides would be telling the truth as far as they saw things, when actually they were seeing what a third party wanted them to see. Someone may have been manipulating things from the shadows.

And if Maria Hill did die among the other agents (I missed it but I'll take your word for it), then I'd definitely assume a third party is responsible in that case. I don't think Soule would suggest that either Black Panther or Maria Hill would be willing to mass murder any of the heroes, let alone a chunk of New York, no matter what.

I'm kind of interested to know who the sniper was. Steve mentioned only Bullseye is that precise, but he was only counting those on Stark's side. I mentioned Crossbones and Winter Soldier. Anyone else who could fit the bill?
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 07-09-2015 at 08:16 AM.

Upcoming Reading:

I'm glad I got to read this book and didnt give in to any dissuasion. I quite enjoyed this opening chapter. Great job, Mr. Soule!
    It did exactly what any opening chapter should do, explain how we go to where we are and set up the characters and current environment and then enter whatever conflict will carry the story forward. I liked the bit with Peter and MJ as well, it was a nice touch.

Yeah, I have no idea why a third party is being completely ignored in all this. Of course both sides would accuse each other for stuff, just like Tony and Steve did when Miriam got shot. But we all know it was a third party there too.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Fantastic Member

Maria Hill assumed Black Panther set the bomb up because he was the one who discovered it at the time it was activated.
    Nope. Maria Hill states clearly that Black Panther said he set the bomb to explode under Rogers' order. There isn't any room for assumptions there.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    this fan fiction is amazing.
    The arguments trying to defend a different theory are all fanfiction, as seen above.

I think it's the Punishers

BANNED

Did anyone find it ironically twisted that Miriam Sharpe, the woman that pushed for the SHRA, was the mediator that wanted peace between the two fractions ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Stacy View Post
    I think it's the Punishers
    well, the war never ends for the Punishers.

Ultimate Member

Considering how crappy the original event was (I LOATHE it with a passion), this was actually an improvement. Both sides actually came across as mostly reasonable and not ooc trigger-happy idiots.