Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    Nope. Maria Hill states clearly that Black Panther said he set the bomb to explode under Rogers' order. There isn't any room for assumptions there.
    That's assuming she told the truth.

When did he have the luxury to tell anyone? He was alone in the control room save for the few minutes with Dagger.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

This is the type of stuff that should get its own series, sort of like Injustice.

It actually makes more sense than the original Civil War.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    That's assuming she told the truth.

When did he have the luxury to tell anyone? He was alone in the control room save for the few minutes with Dagger.
    When he killed Hill and the fellow dead soldiers we saw around her, as they were trying to enter the control room. Unless you think Black Panther and Hill were lying (since we know Black Panther was lying), the obvious explanation is that Black Panther lied to both sides and triggered the explosion himself.

Black Panther has just killed 15 million innocentes and a whole lot of super heroes in a Marvel comics. I'm actually greatly amused by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teste View Post
    When he killed Hill and the fellow dead soldiers we saw around her, as they were trying to enter the control room. Unless you think Black Panther and Hill were lying (since we know Black Panther was lying), the obvious explanation is that Black Panther lied to both sides and triggered the explosion himself.
    I have to look at the issue again when I have time. I don't remember a few of the details you're giving. It would be wildly out of character for Black Panther to do something like that.

And I can't believe Soule wants us to believe that blast killed 15 million people lol. That's a ridiculously high estimate even for New York.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

I have to look at the issue again when I have time. I don't remember a few of the details you're giving. It would be wildly out of character for Black Panther to do something like that.
    Here are the pages in question...

Civil War V2015 #1 (2015_9) - Page 14.jpg

Civil War V2015 #1 (2015_9) - Page 15.jpg
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

This is becoming really unclear now. Teste may be right about Black Panther being the one to activate the bomb, but I can't figure why. The actual interaction between Hill and Panther is clearly left out for a reason.

If it were Black Panther who activated the bomb, why would he not have re emerged? He would have responsibilities to Wakanda, would he not? Would he really have put his wife in danger like that? Storm was part of the Anti-Regs.

I wonder if the skrulls had agents hidden within both sides. Maybe it was them who escalated the war?

Upcoming Reading:

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This is becoming really unclear now. Teste may be right about Black Panther being the one to activate the bomb, but I can't figure why. The actual interaction between Hill and Panther is clearly left out for a reason.

If it were Black Panther who activated the bomb, why would he not have re emerged? He would have responsibilities to Wakanda, would he not? Would he really have put his wife in danger like that? Storm was part of the Anti-Regs.

I wonder if the skrulls had agents hidden within both sides. Maybe it was them who escalated the war?
    I doubt it's the Skrulls because the saboteur is still active. Why are people forgetting the fact that someone just tried to kill Rogers?

Possible. Remember, Pym was a Skrull during CW.

Personally, I think someone else is playing Stark and Cap.
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I doubt it's the Skrulls because the saboteur is still active. Why are people forgetting the fact that someone just tried to kill Rogers?
    While the heroes were being idiots beating each other up, the villains could have been getting away with whatever they wanted. As long as they laid low. It's quite obvious that someone benefits from an on going civil war.
    When the fire blows

Could be anyone though. Anyone who can aim that well, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    Possible. Remember, Pym was a Skrull during CW.

Personally, I think someone else is playing Stark and Cap.
    Exactly. The skrulls were implied to have been defeated. Seems to me if that were a plot point, Soule wouldn't have glossed over Secret Invasion and Dark Reign in those fastforward panels.

I just don't see Black Panther doing that. He would gain nothing from it. Something's got to give.

Upcoming Reading:

I don't think he activated the bomb. On the page, he looks shocked that it was activated.
    When the fire blows

Mighty Member

It seems to me he activated it inadvertently. At least from the scan.
    Reality is for those who are afraid of science fiction.

Fantastic Member

No idea about why he would do it.

Probably there IS no Wakanda - they are in a domain within Battleworld, and no domain is big enough to get everything from the USA to Africa, so Wakanda doesn't really exist. One could argue that Black Panther was driven insane after having his memory so manipulated when he was forced to forget about his country.

But honestly, I doubt they are going to mention that. It feels to me they're dealing with this less like a Secret Wars tie-in and more like an expanded "What If..." scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I don't know that Maria Hill lied to Tony. She just stated that T'Challa locked them out, which is quite plausible, because you wouldn't want your actions reversed.
    She told Tony that Black Panther said that he was detonating the bomb on Steve's orders, so she was lying (well, unless Black Panther is the one who was lying).

The OP missed a HUGE development there: it WAS NOT Tony the one responsible for blowing up the prison. T'challa think it was Iron Man, but Maria Hill says it was T'challa. It's obvious someone set this thing up.

But overall I agree this issue was very uninteresting.
    Another interesting tidbit... the explosion took place six years ago.

Battleworld has been around for eight years.

Therefore, the events shown in the flashback actually happened on Battleworld two years after the domain now known as the Warzone was transported to Battleworld and the inhabitants' memories were altered to reflect that their world had always been there. So presumably, that would include this domain not having its own Thor, and associating Thor exclusively with Doom's Battleworld-wide police force. That being the case, who killed Bill Foster?