Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    How does that explain that after this Civil War encounter, the Skrulls then invaded? Was it a little Invasion with just the New York Skrulls, because no battle fleet was involved because they didn't make it to Battleworld? But that really confuses this Domain. Did the demarcation between Blue and Iron happen 6 years ago, too, or sometime later. We really need a timeline just for this stuff.

There could still have been a Clor
    Maybe the Skrulls were crossing over from New Xander or New Mars, which seem to be the major alien-inhabited domains.

And if the explosion from Project 42 (which needs to have been in some sort of dimensional pocket rather than the Negative Zone, since the Negative Zone wouldn't have been around at this point) happens 6 years ago, then the process that took place from then on to create the division into Iron and Blue, including their equivalent of Secret Invasion and Dark Reign, clearly took at least some time, figure at least a few months before the division took hold.

I am making a link between what Maria said Panther said to her. That may not be what you were intending, just what I was seeing if reading it that way.
    Based on Steve's immediate reaction where he believes Tony to be at fault, if that part at least was not a lie, then this Steve is a better actor than any we've ever seen.

This particular alternate reality Civil War must have been really different for Panther to have another agenda to his obedience to Rogers in the original.
    How do you mean? 616 Black Panther has always had his own agendas as well. I just can't think of one that would lead to him wanting to blow up the prison and possibly kill a bunch of his compatriots on either side (let alone take out millions through the portal, if he even knew that was possible).

It's interesting what Vitruvian said that this Civil War happened on Battleworld, but this would assume a Negative Zone exists at the same time as Battleworld. Or, theat this 42 prison was just in a building in New York, and not in NZ.
    Not necessarily, it could be some non-Negative Zone pocket dimension, or even just a remote location in the desert somewhere accessed by teleportation only.

Just my 2 cents:

Black Panther and Maria Hill are both saying what they think it's the truth. Someone manipulated them in order to create an accident to big to be forgotten and make sure there can be no peace between the Cap and Iron Man, because both of them have reason to believe the other side cause 15 milion deaths. Both sides are being manipulated, probably by the same people who tries to assassinate cap but killed Sharpe.

Maria Hill clearly stated Black Panther told her he activated the bomb on Steve's order, which we know isn't true on Steve's part. Wouldn't make sense that she would lie as she is dying. We don't see Black Panther in those panels either, and we know he took out those agents, so obviously he went somewhere. He didn't buy as much time as he could like he told Dagger he would.

So unless Maria Hill was part of something much bigger and felt it necessary to manipulate Tony into believing it was Steve's idea to plant the bomb, then something definitely happened concerning Black Panther. Hill did firmly believe in the Registration Act, she could've been manipulating Tony thinking she was doing good.

It's way too early to tell, because literally anyone could be lying. Maria could've been evac'd out and be in cahoots with Osborn for all we know. Panther could've revealed himself to be a skrull. Way too many factors can completely change the narrative here.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Just my 2 cents:

Black Panther and Maria Hill are both saying what they think it's the truth. Someone manipulated them in order to create an accident to big to be forgotten and make sure there can be no peace between the Cap and Iron Man, because both of them have reason to believe the other side cause 15 milion deaths. Both sides are being manipulated, probably by the same people who tries to assassinate cap but killed Sharpe.
    That's how I interpreted it, too. I think people are overthinking this with only one issue even out yet. Everything will be explained, if people will be patient.
    Of course I realize that whatever the outcome of the series, the vocal majority around here will give us all the reasons it sucks.

What makes this a very debatable topic is that both Maria and T'Challa have a history of lying for their own agenda. Thing is, I don't think Black Panther has much of an agenda, but back during the CW days, Maria DEFINITELY did. Remember, she's the one that originally forced Cap's hand, among other amoral stuff she did around that time.
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

I don't like Charles Soule, but I enjoyed this, and am excited to see the ensuing war.

Quote Originally Posted by Double 0 View Post
    What makes this a very debatable topic is that both Maria and T'Challa have a history of lying for their own agenda. Thing is, I don't think Black Panther has much of an agenda, but back during the CW days, Maria DEFINITELY did. Remember, she's the one that originally forced Cap's hand, among other amoral stuff she did around that time.
    Very good point. It was around that time not many viewed her in very high regard due to her actions and attitude towards superheroes. I think that's worth considering in all this.

If we assume the sniper is connected to whatever mess happened in the jail, it's fair to assume an assassination attempt is definitely closer to something Maria Hill would be part of than Black Panther.

Case is still open for either though.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Maybe is all part of Cyclops plan ...

That was Emma with Tony?

I got to agree with your last possibility. It would be horrifying if it was number 1.
    Meh. This isn't the "real" Black Panther, but just a "What If" Black Panther. Nothing he does is relevant to the "real" Black Panther 616.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    How do you mean? 616 Black Panther has always had his own agendas as well. I just can't think of one that would lead to him wanting to blow up the prison and possibly kill a bunch of his compatriots on either side (let alone take out millions through the portal, if he even knew that was possible).

Not necessarily, it could be some non-Negative Zone pocket dimension, or even just a remote location in the desert somewhere accessed by teleportation only.

That could be the case, although I would have seen Doom have a problem with anyone with teleporting capability. This really presents problems, that Cloak was allowed to exist in Battleworld, and what the location of the 42 was. If it was just a remote location on Battleworld, I can see there was no teleporting Equipment, just normal flying vehicles to imprison super heroes. But Cloak could be a problem. I have noticed one other teleporting portal before in Arcadia, which was very unstable, and disappeared in a short while, so there's something going on. Especially when Doom doesn't even know about the Eldritch teleporter that was in the Quiet Room in Medusa's Domain of Manhattan. Maybe there is a limit to Dooms capabilities?

Like you I couldn't see Panther with another agenda besides what was Caps, because he was fully on board. But what if Maria Hill was right and Panther did tell her it was Caps order to set off that bomb, and Panther had a back door to escape. That Cloak couldn't close the portal in time was an accident, and Panther could have been suffering this whole time as a recluse, dirty on Cap for making that call. Now, on the eve of peace talks, Panther could have snapped and taken the shot at Cap to kill him for what he'd made Panther do, and tragedy upon tragedy, he kills the one person innocent in all this, Miriam Sharpe. I know it's a long shot, but you made me think about it.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-10-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Meh. This isn't the "real" Black Panther, but just a "What If" Black Panther. Nothing he does is relevant to the "real" Black Panther 616.
    Everything seems to have panned out like the original Civil War, right up to the last battle, so the characters had to be pretty close to originals up to where this reality split off. (With the proviso that this was under the God Doom regime at the time). The evil Maria Hill theory is looking like the most likely so far, as she was dead set against the heroes after Stamford and the government was going after Super Heroes. Whatever sympathy Hill had for the New Avengers in the Savage Land attack, and the Michael post man attack, dissolved when CW started. I think by the time Hill sided with Stark, she was this anti-super hero agent, as seen by her actions in a What If? CW with Gyrich and Rhodey, because she shot Rhodey in the head. If Stark didn't take over as Director of SHIELD, Maria Hill would have been President Hill in this story. It all hinges on Maria Hill having a back door out of the 42 before the blast.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-10-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    Just my 2 cents:

Thank you. I'm honestly baffled that anyone could interpret it other wise. Both sides are being played. Thats what makes the story really tragic.

I found this first issue to be pretty boring though. I get that its supposed to be a setup issue, but its all so dry. And it did not leave a good taste in my mouth when Panther and Cloak died early on, and Peter was shown was Sam's wings acting as Steve's right hand leading me to speculate that something happened to Sam along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Thank you. I'm honestly baffled that anyone could interpret it other wise. Both sides are being played. Thats what makes the story really tragic.

I found this first issue to be pretty boring though. I get that its supposed to be a setup issue, but its all so dry. And it did not leave a good taste in my mouth when Panther and Cloak died early on, and Peter was shown was Sam's wings acting as Steve's right hand leading me to speculate that something happened to Sam along the way.
    I think Sam's are different coloured wings. Peter's are all silver.