Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I wasn't aware of that until very recently, but an anniversary edition of Les 12 Travaux d'Astérix has just been published in France. Notice that this is an illustrated story (not a comic) from the animated movie. Two editions have been produced (regular and art book limited edition, both described here http://www.asterix.com/12travaux/anniversaire.htm and here http://www.asterix.com/12travaux/artbook.htm. I doubt that there are some copies left of the limited art book edition.
    And here is a full description of this 12 Travaux d'Astérix Art Book:
    http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...n-artbook.html

Default Titan to publish The Forever War

Not sure if this was posted anywhere else yet (have been away for some time over here), but seeing as this book has been discussed here and elsewhere before, I thought I'd post it, despite not being a collected edition yet, but...

Titan will publish Joe Haldeman and Marvano's The Forever War! A remarkable piece of European bande dessinee The first issue will appear in February, so get to pre-ordereing, or wait until it is collected, which I'm sure it will in due time...

What it's about
    The Forever War tells the story of Earth’s millennia long war with a race of aliens known as the Taurans, told from the perspective of one human soldier who survives and sees the entire war. Haldeman, a Vietnam veteran, based the the war itself on his own experiences, not only of combat, but of how a war affects a society and its ongoing perception of the war and its enemies.

The book was originally adapted to comics in 1988, originally published in Dutch as De Eeuwige Oorlog and was followed by a sequel trilogy titled A New Beginning. Titan’s reprint of the series serializes the original volumes and come packed with bonus materials, including design elements from the series and multiple, brand-new covers for each issue.

The solicitation information

THE FOREVER WAR #1
    Writer: Joe Haldeman
    Artist: Marvano
    FC – 32pp – £3.99 – On sale: February 15, 2017
    The visionary Hugo and Nebula Award-winning SF tale by Joe Haldeman is beautifully realised in full color by the legendary artist Marvano. An epic SF war story spanning space and time, The Forever War explores one soldier’s experience caught up in the brutal machinery of a war that reaches across the stars.

The book is one of my favourite novels of all time but ive never read the comic.

Kind of wish theyd just reprint the collection though, rather than milk it with single issue releases.

yeah weird they are releasing this in singles, Titan usually just does an ohc of material like this. I will definitely wait for the ohc.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yeah weird they are releasing this in singles, Titan usually just does an ohc of material like this. I will definitely wait for the ohc.
    Treat yourself to the single issues. It is one of the best comics ever. Given that its original source is tremendously strong of course.
    Over here in Europe we have a collected edition already, but previously only single issues, which I own.

Looks cool. but it will be a trader wait for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Treat yourself to the single issues. It is one of the best comics ever. Given that its original source is tremendously strong of course.
    Over here in Europe we have a collected edition already, but previously only single issues, which I own.
    while after these recommendations I'm definitely interested in the story I don't buy any singles ever so trade wait for me.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    THE FOREVER WAR #1
    While I'm somewhat excited at the thoughts of a nice hardcover version of this being collected at some point, but I don't get releasing these as single issues. I dug out my NBM collections, and each of them were only 40-44 pages of actual comics content each. 32pages per single issue really feels like a straight up attempt to leech every cent they can from the readers as they break up the story into various chunks. I already own the story in the aforementioned NBM colored versions, and the Cheval Noir B&W versions. I just can't justify buying floppies of this again, so I'm also trade waiting.

I just hope their plans include publishing the New Beginning at some point as well.
    Last edited by downinthezero; 11-28-2016 at 03:03 PM.

It had been bugging me since yesterday as to why I knew his name, I have his Peace and War book at home somewhere. Is this part of the same universe?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    It had been bugging me since yesterday as to why I knew his name, I have his Peace and War book at home somewhere. Is this part of the same universe?

I assume you mean this book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peace-War-O...dp/0575079193/ (I have the same one sat on the shelf) That book collects three stories Forever War, Forever Free and Forever Peace, this is a comic adaptation of the first of those stories. I have no idea if they adapted the other 2 books or not.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I assume you mean this book https://www.amazon.co.uk/Peace-War-O...dp/0575079193/ (I have the same one sat on the shelf) That book collects three stories Forever War, Forever Free and Forever Peace, this is a comic adaptation of the first of those stories. I have no idea if they adapted the other 2 books or not.

Ah okay, thanks man and that is the book I have too.

Im reading Forever Free currently. Never bothered checking out the follow-ups before.
    I liked that War ended on a somewhat hopeful note and didnt wanna risk ruining it, lol.

They apparantly did a sequel to the comic called A New Beginning. Though im not sure how much it has in common with Forever Free.
    Last edited by Dark-Flux; 11-30-2016 at 01:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Not sure if this was posted anywhere else yet (have been away for some time over here), but seeing as this book has been discussed here and elsewhere before, I thought I'd post it, despite not being a collected edition yet, but...

Titan will publish Joe Haldeman and Marvano's The Forever War! A remarkable piece of European bande dessinee The first issue will appear in February, so get to pre-ordereing, or wait until it is collected, which I'm sure it will in due time...

What it's about
    The Forever War tells the story of Earth’s millennia long war with a race of aliens known as the Taurans, told from the perspective of one human soldier who survives and sees the entire war. Haldeman, a Vietnam veteran, based the the war itself on his own experiences, not only of combat, but of how a war affects a society and its ongoing perception of the war and its enemies.

The book was originally adapted to comics in 1988, originally published in Dutch as De Eeuwige Oorlog and was followed by a sequel trilogy titled A New Beginning. Titan’s reprint of the series serializes the original volumes and come packed with bonus materials, including design elements from the series and multiple, brand-new covers for each issue.

The solicitation information

THE FOREVER WAR #1
    The visionary Hugo and Nebula Award-winning SF tale by Joe Haldeman is beautifully realised in full color by the legendary artist Marvano. An epic SF war story spanning space and time, The Forever War explores one soldier’s experience caught up in the brutal machinery of a war that reaches across the stars.
    Such a great book, I have polish HC. Buy it guys, support legend and great storyteling and even better art.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    The first album is a little rough around the edges but from "The City of a Thousand Planets" onwards it's excellent with great art by Mezieres