Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

The third volume in the oversized Deluxe collection of Astérix, Le Tour de Gaule, is out in France since May (firts printing of 4500). Notice that there is an error in the reproduction of the original synopsis (page 3 is missing), but the editor has produced an "erratum" for the buyers. The usual illustrated description here http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...sion-luxe.html

Got the first Corto Maltese tpb from IDW. Gosh golly that paperstock is thick, almost cover material. Not sure if it's a good thing, the binding seems to be a bit tight because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Got the first Corto Maltese tpb from IDW. Gosh golly that paperstock is thick, almost cover material. Not sure if it's a good thing, the binding seems to be a bit tight because of it.
    Have fun with it nevertheless. The stories are fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Have fun with it nevertheless. The stories are fantastic!!
    Finishing Legend of the Scarlet blades first (which I really like so far) then gonna dive into it and if I like it gonna order v2 straight away. Originally I thought they ask a bit much for a b&w paperback but it seems like a really well put together book.
    Also, just bought the Tardi WWI slipcase. That's gonna be my first experience with Tardi.

Oh, btw: maybe I asked this already but anybody has any info on the recently published Zagor tpb?

Finishing Legend of the Scarlet blades first (which I really like so far) then gonna dive into it and if I like it gonna order v2 straight away. Originally I thought they ask a bit much for a b&w paperback but it seems like a really well put together book.
    Also, just bought the Tardi WWI slipcase. That's gonna be my first experience with Tardi.

Oh, btw: maybe I asked this already but anybody has any info on the recently published Zagor tpb?
    Tardi is great but my favourite part of this book is not a graphic novel, it's all those written extras about WWI and history.

I hope for all Tardi fans that the WW2 book he wrote about his father's survival in "Moi, Rene Tardi, prisonnier de guerre au Stalag IIB" will eventually get an English translation by Fantagraphics. Part 1 (of 2) of this is my favourite war comic of his. WW1 comics are interesting to me too, but WW2 I find much more interesting somehow, perhaps because it's part of my country's history, where WW1 wasn't.

Dammit guys, you gonna make me regret buying it I thought this supposed to be one of his bests.

Dammit guys, you gonna make me regret buying it I thought this supposed to be one of his bests.
    Both books in that slipcase are truly some of the best comics ever made!!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Both books in that slipcase are truly some of the best comics ever made!!
    whew! Good to read.

Amazing Member

Code:
    Zagor
    I ordered it from Amazon US on June 15th and they still haven't given me a delivery estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by tanim View Post
    Code:
    Zagor
    I ordered it from Amazon US on June 15th and they still haven't given me a delivery estimate.
    According to the publisher on facebook it's out now, but it's weird that I can only buy it from Amazon US and Forbidden planet.
    Also, it would be good to know the size, I'm not a fan of digest sized books.

When I say that Olivier Ledroit is a genius, he is a true genius! http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...zones-art.html.

By the way, Requiem Vampire Knights is currently switching editor in France from Nickel to Glénat, so after they will reprint the firt volumes, they will finish the story (but not until 2019/2020 according to Olivier, patience is a virtue here).

IDW does some great re-prints

Just read Crusades (from Humanoids) and really liked it.
    I would highly recommend for fans of Millennium for obvious reasons although there are significant differences they are quite similar IMHO (in a good way).
    I start to get fed up with european creators' fascination to combine adventure/fantasy with sci-fi, but in this case it worked well (I think it worked better in Millennium but it was nicely done in Crusades as well).
    The art style was like Joe Kubert meets manga and speaking of Kuberts I would pay to see Gaiman's 1602 drawn by this guy (really disliked Andy Kuberts style and the colouring in that).
    I think the book is oop but still can be found for reasonable prices, for me it was well worth the 20 pounds I paid for it.

And I know it's not euro stuff but on topic of templars: anybody would recommend Jordan Mechner's Templar from First second? Never heard about it before but saw it in Dorktron's last haul, looked it up and it seems intriguing.

Just read Crusades (from Humanoids) and really liked it.
    I would highly recommend for fans of Millennium for obvious reasons although there are significant differences they are quite similar IMHO (in a good way).
    I start to get fed up with european creators' fascination to combine adventure/fantasy with sci-fi, but in this case it worked well (I think it worked better in Millennium but it was nicely done in Crusades as well).
    The art style was like Joe Kubert meets manga and speaking of Kuberts I would pay to see Gaiman's 1602 drawn by this guy (really disliked Andy Kuberts style and the colouring in that).
    I think the book is oop but still can be found for reasonable prices, for me it was well worth the 20 pounds I paid for it.

And I know it's not euro stuff but on topic of templars: anybody would recommend Jordan Mechner's Templar from First second? Never heard about it before but saw it in Dorktron's last haul, looked it up and it seems intriguing.
    If you enjoyed Crusades, then you should also like Templar. The latter is even better, imo. It has the feel of a summer blockbuster to it (tbh I don't know why this hasn't been picked up by some studio yet).

Btw, I'm also not too keen on mixing adventure/history with SF (or fantasy). Being a fan of history-based GNs, it really gets on my tits when I find a title that deals with e.g. WW II and then the description mentions something about zombies or Hitler's secret unicorn division or some such nonsense.