Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Dark Horse also has a new European title in July's solicitations. It's Tales of an Imperfect Future by Alfonso Font.

European comics master Alfonso Font presents three satirical science fiction tales, as told by an extraterrestrial, that warn of the dangers that await the human race if it fails to change its ways: a planet so polluted that life on its surface is almost impossible; the human race continuing its destructive and fatal expedition into the galaxy to colonize other planets; humans killed for their organs to transplant into their "superiors"; and the keeping of robot companions, whose emotionlessness may be the only way to avoid catastrophe.
    • Satirical science fiction from one of Europe's greats!
    • Published in collaboration with Strip Art Features.

Arsenal Pulp Press will publish Julie Maroh's latest graphic novel Skandalon. We know Maroh from her book Blue is the Warmest Color.

By the author of Blue Is the Warmest Color: a stunning graphic novel on the downfall of a rock legend. "Skandalon," found in the Gospels, refers to a persistent trap or obstacle, such as the one that confounds the mesmerizing, Jim Morrison-like lead character Tazane. He is a true rock icon: passionate, arrogant, selfish, and sometimes violent, the charismatic singer is a beacon for controversy and scandal. But the public that worships him and the media that lavishes attention on him are waiting for him to fall from grace. At times shocking, Skandalon is a powerful and relentless meditation on the high cost of fame, and the demons awaiting anyone who refuses to be wary of them.

Alfonso Fonts 3 decades old story (stories) were remarkably visionary, a grim tales of the future (or present), i highly recommend this book.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    Alfonso Fonts 3 decades old story (stories) were remarkably visionary, a grim tales of the future (or present), i highly recommend this book.
    Do you know which stories they are? I want to add some preview pages, but can't figure out which books (stories) will be included.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    i will be picking this up soley for lauffray's art, i loved long john silver.
    Usually when I see vampires I steer clear of that book (except American Vampire), but this book sounds pretty interesting and then with Lauffray's art too!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Do you know which stories they are? I want to add some preview pages, but can't figure out which books (stories) will be included.
    I don't know, i've read it few years back (local publisher), and i don't have the book unfortunately, but will buy this one.
    Think you can add any preview cause it seems to me they merged them into three stories, not sure thou.

edit. our edition has the same page count, and they say they included all the stories, anyway, buy this book, it's old but still fresh.

http://www.libellus.hr/i/price-iz-ne...ucnosti/5/0/-2
    Last edited by maeda; 06-20-2014 at 08:37 AM.

I'm going to highly recommend this new kickstarter campaign for The Will of Captain Crown. I read both European volumes last year and was quite impressed. Both artwork and story are great from the first to the last page. The creators are going out of their way for the English language edition creating new panels etc... The kickstarter that's on now is for volume 2, but one of the reward tiers also includes a copy of volume 1. Both books come at CAD 50.00 for the bundle and include the full story.

Seventeenth century, somewhere on the coast of Venezuela.

Captain Alexander Crown is dead, murdered in his own cabin. In his will, Crown has entrusted Red, his chief officer, the care of reuniting his five children, born from the seeds of an adventurous life spent traveling the Caribbean Sea.

A great inheritance awaits them, but the task is difficult: they are uncontrollable, dangerous, and hate each other... As much as they hated the father who ruined their lives.

The project is already successfully funded! Check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...old-of-the-dam

Below are some preview pages (in French and Dutch), but you can read the first 12 pages in English here: http://www.flipsnack.com/79767BAD75E/ftclo359

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    i will be picking this up soley for lauffray's art, i loved long john silver.
    I flicked through the Dutch edition of volume 1 of Chronicles of Legion today and unfortunately Lauffray doesn't do all pages

BANNED

That Barbarella book has my name on it!

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Currently reading Snowpiercer (Titan version) and it's great! Recommended for everyone who hasn't read it and the quality of the Titan version is pretty great.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I posted this pic in the general thread but since this one helped me, those Incal books turned up today.

BANNED

I ordered Eros gone Wild, waiting for Zaya, Naja and Meka HCs to get released and see if amazon.co.uk sellers can give me a better deal than amazon uk.

Spectacular Member

Is Castaka an additional story not in the ultimate metabarons?
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    I ordered Eros gone Wild, waiting for Zaya, Naja and Meka HCs to get released and see if amazon.co.uk sellers can give me a better deal than amazon uk.
    Those Magnetic Press books seem like winners judging from the amount of people that said they will buy them. Hopefully they do well and Magnetic Press will give us way more translations.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Is Castaka an additional story not in the ultimate metabarons?
    Yep, that's exactly it. It's a prequel to the Metabarons.

This just came out a few weeks ago from publisher Head of Zeus. It's a translation from a Dutch comic book and got very good critics. It was also nominated for best debut.... It's still on my list of books to get. The book is beautifully illustrated and tells of the highs and lows of the Tour de France.

Legends of the Tour

Jan Cleijne has created the first-ever graphic novel of the Tour. Frame by glorious frame, this beautiful work captures the essence of the Tour de France, the grit, and the glory. Since Maurice Garin's inaugural victory in 1903, hundreds of thousands of miles have been covered in pursuit of the yellow jersey, and few of them have been without incident or drama. Here are the Tour's legends, vividly portrayed: Eugène Christophe welding his bicycle back together at the foot of the Pyrenees in 1913; Bartali vs. Coppi, 1949; Poulidor shoulder-to-shoulder with Anquetil on the Puy de Dôme, 1964; Tommy Simpson's death on Ventoux, 1967; Lance Armstrong's domination and disgrace; finishing with Bradley Wiggins's and Chris Froome's back-to-back victories for Britain.

Last edited by MartinNL; 06-23-2014 at 03:48 PM.