Page 27 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Found Millenium on ebay for a half pound less then it's on speedyhen (also it's oos on speedyhen) so bought it straight away. Can't wait to read it.
    I've heard great things about Cape Horn but for some reason this "frontier saga" thing doesn't look like my cup of tea which is probably bullshit and I just make up things to be miserable, so would somebody be so nice and convince me to buy it?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Found Millenium on ebay for a half pound less then it's on speedyhen (also it's oos on speedyhen) so bought it straight away. Can't wait to read it.
    I've heard great things about Cape Horn but for some reason this "frontier saga" thing doesn't look like my cup of tea which is probably bullshit and I just make up things to be miserable, so would somebody be so nice and convince me to buy it?
    well, i haven't finished it yet, but i'd say, though i like it, it's not a must-buy. very capable storytelling and beautiful artwork, but also not necessarily my kind of genre. still, it's fairly cheap on amazon.it, so you could give it a try.

hmmm, still not convinced about CH.

just got Millenium deliverd. It's a very sexy book but I'm a bit disapointed, I thought it's gonna be oversized.

hmmm, still not convinced about CH.

just got Millenium deliverd. It's a very sexy book but I'm a bit disapointed, I thought it's gonna be oversized.
    Cape Horn is oversized...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    Cape Horn is oversized...
    I know, and it is tempting I just don't see why it would interest me other than I heard it's good but I donno why (people are sailing and going to new places aaaand....donno it just doesn't sound interesting enough).

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    What did you think of Millennium and Sanctum? I haven't seen many reviews of Millennium and from what I've heard of Sanctum, it's good, but only worth a single read through.
    Millennium is very good. I liked sanctum too,but it does leave a sense of wanting more as the ending was not that great. Another one to try is the more recent Swords of glass.. It is oversized and story/art is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Millennium is very good. I liked sanctum too,but it does leave a sense of wanting more as the ending was not that great. Another one to try is the more recent Swords of glass.. It is oversized and story/art is good as well.
    I'm keeping an eye on that, the art looks really good and the premise is interesting too but haven't heard anything about it yet (other than your recommendation now)

Amazing Member

When is Sword of Glass suppose to hit? That book looks amazing.

I think it's out already.

Just finished Millennium. It was really good and engaging, the art is very good as well. The only problem is that it's unfinished. Are they still making it? I would like to read the rest...like, now!

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Just finished Millennium. It was really good and engaging, the art is very good as well. The only problem is that it's unfinished. Are they still making it? I would like to read the rest...like, now!
    Yeah, I had the same reaction when I read it-- I need more now! There's not too many comics that have that kind of effect on me these days.

what's up with those corto maltese hardcover editions, any info?

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    what's up with those corto maltese hardcover editions, any info?
    I guess Patience is in order

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...52734941409555

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    That's a real bummer. I guess I'll order the softcover of the first now, while I can, it's supposedly OOP, but some places still have it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Racci View Post
    That's a real bummer. I guess I'll order the softcover of the first now, while I can, it's supposedly OOP, but some places still have it.
    I'm stubborn and will wait for the eventual HCs.