Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Trilogy USA
    Balkans Arena

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Also, IDW is publishing Sampayo & Munoz's "Alack sinner" soon in two volumes, that should definitely be on your list
    +1 for that, awesome book

Amazing Member

I'm not sure where to ask this question but a Euro Comics thread seemed like the right answer.

I bought two large orders during 2000AD's sale 3 weeks ago. They still haven't shipped my orders. Has anyone else that placed orders already got theirs?

This is the first time I've bought anything from them. Is this a normal time it takes for an order to be placed?

I live in the U.S. btw.

Thanks!
    Last edited by wolpherine; 03-18-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    The first that springs to mind is "The Fifth Element" which is "inspired" a lot by The Incal and "The Long Tomorrow" (which itself has a lot of visual themes that Moebius reused in the Incal). The look of Blade runner is also heavily inspired by The Long Tomorrow.
    I've had to space out some ordering, but, Metabarons is at the top of list. In a recent shipment, Son of the Gun was included. I enjoyed Alexandro Jodorowsky's story and the art was fantastic, as with many European comics.

Quote Originally Posted by wolpherine View Post
    I'm not sure where to ask this question but a Euro Comics thread seemed like the right answer.

I bought two large orders during 2000AD's sale 3 weeks ago. They still haven't shipped my orders. Has anyone else that placed orders already got theirs?

This is the first time I've bought anything from them. Is this a normal time it takes for an order to be placed?

I live in the U.S. btw.

Thanks!
    Hi, some hints why it takes so long in this threads http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php?topic=43084.75. This sale was a big success and the 2000 AD shop is really a small team.

I'm reading The Borgias by Jodorowsky and Manara and my god is it a beautiful book! I loved the show and though this is a much more compressed telling of the tale it still manages to flesh out some elements that were only insinuated at in the TV programme.

Some propaganda for a French book that NBM will publish in August/September: Equinoxes by Cyril Pedrosa (Three Shadows). I'm really thrilled NBM will translate this work to English. In my opinion this was the best book of 2015 and I'm hoping the English speaking world will think the same in 2016.

For starters let me tell you this book was published originally in the Aire Libre collection of Dupuis, which is a collection that collects some of the best comics ever published. Most book in this collection are one-shots. Equinoxes is also a one shot, but one of 336 pages mind you!

Here are the details:
    ================

Equinoxes
    Cyril Pedrosa
    In an equinox, day is as long as night, as if the world found perfect equilibrium between shadow and light, a fleeting equilibrium, similar to the stakes of our human destinies. Segmented into four tableaux for four seasons, unrelated people of all social backgrounds seeking equilibrium cross paths with other solitudes, weaving in and out of one and other's lives- all captivated and tormented by the enigmatic meaning of life. Every season has its visual identity and its individual voice, culminating in summer and, possibly, an answer. 'Equinoxes' is a unique ground-breaking work of rare intensity and narrative sensibility by a rising bestselling star of European comics.
    9 x 12, 336 pp, $49.99, Full color Cloth ISBN 9781681120805
    $24.99 e-book
    ================
    I wrote a little review some months ago on goodreads...

As the seasons of the year pass, so do the lives of the characters in this book. A book like that could turn out to be really boring, but that is not the case here at all. We hear the characters thoughts, see their movements, their doubts, like poetry sometimes, harsh at other times. There are quite some intertwining story lines here, so when I finished the book I immediately wanted to start again, to see if there was anything I missed.

The book is basically like 4 volumes into 1. Each chapter a new season, following the same people, but the art in each of the seasons is distinguished by a different colour palette. I can't really find the words to describe how brilliant I find this book. Cyril Pedrosa delivers another winner after Three Shadows and Portugal. Highly recommended and perhaps the best comic of 2015!

And a couple preview pages:

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    And a couple preview pages
    that looks really interesting, tnx for sharing

All-New Member

Quick question, does MANARA LIBRARY VOL 06 ESCAPE FROM PIRANESI contain the Borgias story? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    Quick question, does MANARA LIBRARY VOL 06 ESCAPE FROM PIRANESI contain the Borgias story? Thank you
    Nah The Borgias was collected in its own (now OOP) book: https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/17-395/The-Borgias-HC

Nah The Borgias was collected in its own (now OOP) book: https://www.darkhorse.com/Books/17-395/The-Borgias-HC
    What?! Borgias is OOP already?!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What?! Borgias is OOP already?!
    Looks like I picked it up just in time! Such a great book.

Back in 2009 Fantasy Flight Games published a 4 book set of the French comic Legends of Percevan. Early last year i stumbled upon all four at a used book store and got them for $5 each. I had never heard of the book before, i just liked the art.

I really enjoyed the the four books. I was wondering if anyone knew about any other English translations of the series? As far as i can tell this is the only one. Sadly the FFG version is smaller than the album size of the original French publication.

Fantastic Member

I'm in the middle of The Metabarons. I struggle reading it but when I walk away from it, I like it. Weird.

Spectacular Member Virile Agitur's Avatar

================

Equinoxes
    Cyril Pedrosa
    In an equinox, day is as long as night, as if the world found perfect equilibrium between shadow and light, a fleeting equilibrium, similar to the stakes of our human destinies. Segmented into four tableaux for four seasons, unrelated people of all social backgrounds seeking equilibrium cross paths with other solitudes, weaving in and out of one and other's lives- all captivated and tormented by the enigmatic meaning of life. Every season has its visual identity and its individual voice, culminating in summer and, possibly, an answer. 'Equinoxes' is a unique ground-breaking work of rare intensity and narrative sensibility by a rising bestselling star of European comics.
    9 x 12, 336 pp, $49.99, Full color Cloth ISBN 9781681120805
    $24.99 e-book
    ================
    thanks for the news. this is a must get for me.