Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Bought Trilogy USA yesterday, very much looking forward to it. Decided to get Millenium and Swords of glass later when I heard more opinions about them, so please anybody reading those, don't hesitate to share your opinions. (also they are just recently published so I don't think they gonna go oop in the near future)
    I'm also interested what are your thoughts about Milan K and El Nino. I think I've read a blogpost about Milan K from one of you folks and it was a very good review but haven't heard much about El Nino.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Bought Trilogy USA yesterday, very much looking forward to it. Decided to get Millenium and Swords of glass later when I heard more opinions about them, so please anybody reading those, don't hesitate to share your opinions. (also they are just recently published so I don't think they gonna go oop in the near future)
    I'm also interested what are your thoughts about Milan K and El Nino. I think I've read a blogpost about Milan K from one of you folks and it was a very good review but haven't heard much about El Nino.
    Yeah I wrote some about Milan K. and I still think it's very good. Definitely recommend that book. Still need to read El Niño though.

Fantastic Member

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/03/...edium=facebook

titan is releasing some bilal, jodo... looking good.

I have the Metabarons, Technopriest, Before The Incal and Final Incal slipcase editions...but I can not for the life of me find the original Incal slipcase edition. When it does appear on ebay it's usually over $500. If anyone knows where I can get it, or has it and wants to sell, please pm me.

Amazing Member

Does anyone have a list of the best Humanoid comics to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by tanim View Post
    Does anyone have a list of the best Humanoid comics to buy?
    That all depends on taste of course. Their line is very diverse. I'd say my favourites are:
    - The Incal
    - The Metabarons
    - The Technopriests
    - District 14 (2 volumes) http://the9thblog.blogspot.nl/2013/1...s-romuald.html
    http://the9thblog.blogspot.nl/2013/1...rre-gabus.html
    - The Fantastic Voyage of Lady Rozenbilt http://the9thblog.blogspot.nl/2013/1...rozenbilt.html
    - Bouncer
    - Milan K. http://the9thblog.blogspot.nl/2014/0...rs-by-sam.html
    - Jihad

never heard of Jihad before but seems interesting and the art looks good.
    Is the District 14 stuff oversized? IIRC it's not but Rozenbilt, which I think is about the same universe, is oversized, which is a bit strange.

Just finished Trilogy USA. It was interesting but a bit uneven. The first story was a bit of a mindfuck but overall I liked it. The second one was probably my favourite, it seemed the most cohesive and had the best storytelling IMHO. The third one dragged a bit and wasn't that interesting and I didn't like those heavy captions expositioning half the story, especially after the elegant way the 2nd one was told.
    The art was mostly really nice but sometimes it felt a bit off, especially the women's faces.
    Overall good stuff, no regrets buying this one, but I'm not sure I will seek out more books from these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    never heard of Jihad before but seems interesting and the art looks good.
    Is the District 14 stuff oversized? IIRC it's not but Rozenbilt, which I think is about the same universe, is oversized, which is a bit strange.
    District 14 hardcovers are regular sized. The Lady Rozenbilt HC is indeed oversized. The latter is a stand alone story but boy is it good. Just like the main D14 story.

Amazing Member

My favourites from the Humanoids stable recently are
    I am Legion - HC is out of print but Sc is vailable and Titan comics are publishing a series of prequels as well
    Hounds of Hell - softcover was recently republished
    The shadows of Salamanca
    Millennium - excellent artwork
    Sanctum - I have the original but humanoids is coming out with a different version / reselling of this story.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    My favourites from the Humanoids stable recently are
    I am Legion - HC is out of print but Sc is vailable and Titan comics are publishing a series of prequels as well
    Hounds of Hell - softcover was recently republished
    The shadows of Salamanca
    Millennium - excellent artwork
    Sanctum - I have the original but humanoids is coming out with a different version / reselling of this story.
    What did you think of Millennium and Sanctum? I haven't seen many reviews of Millennium and from what I've heard of Sanctum, it's good, but only worth a single read through.

Amazing Member

Thanks for the lists. I've got a few already, I just wanted to know about the rest.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    What did you think of Millennium and Sanctum? I haven't seen many reviews of Millennium and from what I've heard of Sanctum, it's good, but only worth a single read through.
    Picked up Millenium two weeks ago on a whim, and I have to say that it's one of the best comics I've read in awhile. It's really a great book. Thematically similiar to The Crusades, but much, much better, in my opinion.

Sanctum's decent. Dorison's done better work.

Double post that I done messed up...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    I just finished Millenium a couple of days ago and I agree. Excellent book. It's a real blend of genres and it waits until about book 3 of the 5 collected in there to reveal some huge stuff but I really enjoyed that.
    For those looking to get into a few Humanoids books, I also really enjoyed Cape Horn