Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

I kind of agree. However, I overall enjoyed it a lot, more than the last one or several of the Uderzo solo albums. I'd also like to get the oversized version, but here in Germany that one will only be out next month (couldn't wait that long) and it's also more exepensive than the French one.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    So the new Asterix is out. So far only positive reviews. Most people seem to agree that it's better than the last one and miles ahead of basically anything Uderzo wrote. Some even say it's almost on level with Goscinny. Now I seriously can't wait for my copy to arrive.
    Ahhh, Asterix, great memories with this one. Actually, would like to collect it in HC.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    I kind of agree. However, I overall enjoyed it a lot, more than the last one or several of the Uderzo solo albums. I'd also like to get the oversized version, but here in Germany that one will only be out next month (couldn't wait that long) and it's also more exepensive than the French one.
    There is also a 199€ limited box set in France (1400 copies) containing an oversized HC book the size of the deluxe edition (numbered) but with a totally different content and presentation (no colored version, it features sketches layouts and the inked version among other things). The box features also 5 bookplate, two of them being signed by the authors. Here is the full description in French:
    Un album numéroté de 112 pages, format 290x370 mm, en quadri sur papier 150g, avec : • les 44 planches crayonnées par Didier Conrad • les 44 planches encrées par Didier Conrad • un Cahier graphique avec des dessins inédits, études de personnages, croquis et storyboards des auteurs Dos carré toilé, tranchefile, carton épaisseur 3 mm. Dans une chemise en papier de soie, 5 ex-libris au format 295 x 375mm : • 4 en N&B : 3 sur papier 320g, 1 sur papyrus • 1 en couleurs sur papier 320g Deux d'entre eux sont signés par les auteurs (1 par Didier Conrad, 1 par Jean-Yves Ferri). Coffret de 1.4 kg, marqué au fer à dorer sur le Plat I et le dos.

I am glad it is not a limited numbered signed edition of the oversized deluxe version, I will not be tempted to buy it!
    Last edited by vark; 10-26-2015 at 04:57 AM.

limited numbered signed edition of the oversized deluxe version

I leave it here.

Amazing Member

Finally I get to read UW1..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Finally I get to read UW1..

image.jpg

image.jpg
    is it oversized? It's on my wish list I just keep delaying the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    is it oversized? It's on my wish list I just keep delaying the purchase.
    The Marvel Released one, which I'm not sure they finished was a PHC, not sure who published this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    The Marvel Released one, which I'm not sure they finished was a PHC, not sure who published this version.
    Titan did. According to amazon it's oversized so hopefully their description is accurate.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Titan did. According to amazon it's oversized so hopefully their description is accurate.
    Titan does great work with their reprints, and most of the stuff is oversized. Really glad they'll be the new publisher for Enki Bilal translations.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Titan does great work with their reprints, and most of the stuff is oversized. Really glad they'll be the new publisher for Enki Bilal translations.
    Maybe I'm missremembering but isn't the new Bilal Nikopol trilogy from Titan gonna be a paperback?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Maybe I'm missremembering but isn't the new Bilal Nikopol trilogy from Titan gonna be a paperback?
    I don't remember, either. I'm just glad there's going to be English language reprints. His work is too important not to be in print in English.

Almost everything I've seen from Titan has been HC, though. Personally, I own the whole First Kingdom series, the Third Testament series, the two Euro Elric albums, and The Complete Johnny Nemo, all of which are HC.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    I don't remember, either. I'm just glad there's going to be English language reprints. His work is too important not to be in print in English.

Almost everything I've seen from Titan has been HC, though. Personally, I own the whole First Kingdom series, the Third Testament series, the two Euro Elric albums, and The Complete Johnny Nemo, all of which are HC.
    I only have the first 2 Doctor Who hc-s but I'm gonna get UW 1 soon. The thinner hardcover I kinda think are rip off-s but I'm interested in all of them. Maybe they gonan do an omnibus reprint at some point (even if it's a tpb, I will get it. They are reprinting the IDW Doctor who material in paperback and even though I have all the IDW hardcovers I truly appreciate their effort).
    How is that Samurai omnibus hc thing they just published? Anybody read it?

Cool! I've never seen any Titan hardcovers only the Marvel reprint trades they have done over the years.

It will be a HC according to the folder I got from them last summer.

Amazing Member

Latest additions from Humanoids..

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Art work on Mandalay is excellent..Freddy Lombard seems fun with very interesting stories..