Page 10 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

@MartinNL Would you recommend me some must have, must read european comics published in english, HC only, I'm HC guy, don't know even why? Looks like you're an expert here, seen pics of your collection, don't even know what to say, mine is just tiny in comparison.

I like Incal, Thorgal, Alan Moore - damn Swamp Thing HC's are bloody expensive, are they planning to do omnibus? - and Bisley. BTW, are there more comics out there with Bisley's art? I would have expected that at least Lobo would have get decent HC or OHC but what I see it's TPB's mostly.

Of course I look forward for replies from CBR's community.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 08-31-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I understand, I'm Dutch I had German classes at my school for 3 years, and I still don't even know how to order drink properly. Believe me tough when I say that Dutch is a terrible language to learn too
    I had German classes for ELEVEN years!!!! Can't speak a half sentence now. Back then I could read some comics but only after 2 years of learning english I could read quite well. But maybe it's a psychological thing with me, I always wanted to learn english but because of some burocratic schemes I had to learn german instead and I was quite upset about it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    @MartinNL Would you recommend me some must have, must read european comics published in english, HC only, I'm HC guy, don't know even why? Looks like you're an expert here, seen pics of your collection, don't even know what to say, mine is just tiny in comparison.

I like Incal, Thorgal, Alan Moore - damn Swamp Thing HC's are bloody expensive, are they planning to do omnibus? - and Bisley. BTW, are there more comics out there with Bisley's art? I would have expected that at least Lobo would have get decent HC or OHC but what I see it's TPB's mostly.

A Swamp Thing omnibus has not been announced but there always remains a possibility that will come, sooner or later. I haven't read many European comics but from those I've read I recommend Snowpiercer, Blacksad, Naja (awesome art) and anything that you can get your hands on that's by Moebius
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I had German classes for ELEVEN years!!!! Can't speak a half sentence now. Back then I could read some comics but only after 2 years of learning english I could read quite well. But maybe it's a psychological thing with me, I always wanted to learn english but because of some burocratic schemes I had to learn german instead and I was quite upset about it.
    Ha, I understand. I first started reading simple English sentences at the age of 8 or 9 (never had English classes) and could read complicated English stuff when I was about 11. Probably because I found (still do) English a far nicer language (I find that Dutch sounds An very farm-ish, the opposite of the English language in my eyes) and therefore prefered to read in English. That said, while I can read English very well, spelling is still often a pain (hence the many errors in my sentences) mainly because I never paid attention during class. I'd really wish I could read French so I could read all those great French comics that were never translated
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Some stuff I highly recommend, though some might not be hardcovers:
    - Blacksad
    - Aama
    - Long John Silver
    - Corto Maltese (soon to be published by IDW)
    - The Leaning Girl
    - It Was The War of the Trenches & God Damn This War slipcase set
    - The Killer
    - Universal War One (omnibus comes soon by Titan Comics)
    - Bouncer
    - Madwoman of the Sacred Heart
    - Diosamante
    - Armies
    - District 14
    - Lady Rozenbilt
    - Genetiks
    - Chimpansee Complex
    - Siegfried
    - Okko
    - Sandcastle
    - Pachyderme
    - Persepolis
    - Peter Pan (by Loisel)
    - Metabarons
    - The Boxer
    - When David Lost His Voice
    - The Wrong Place & The Making Of.... (by Brecht Evens) (if there was ever just one softcover to buy, get The Wrong Place!!)

They're quite a diverse bunch of stuff, so check to see what takes your fancy. Of course you can't go wrong with Asterix, Tintin and Lucky Luke.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 08-31-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Where will I be able to buy the limited hardcovers of corto Maltese that idw is putting out? Anyone know if they will be offered through amazon?

Ok, thank you very much. Plan is I'm gonna get Blacksad -shame there's no one collected book - and It Was The War of the Trenches & God Damn This War slipcase set - not sure can I get slipcase set here, seen those books today on Amazon, looked very like my stuff, love stories about war, used to read those huge books like Mailer's Dead and Naked and Jones' From Here to Eternity, but I don't know when, just've made my first order on cheap-comics and have to find some money for food

I'll think about Peter Pan, Corto Maltese Universal War One.

Nobody recommends Manara? Strange...

Ok, that's it for now, spent too much time here today, I had a plan to read whole Astonishing X-Men omni by Whedon - great book, can't recommend more - but I got to the middle. Tomorrow's work and I'd like to see latest video on Red Latter Media website: they've done interview with guy who played in Samurai Cop. Yes, I like bad movies.

I feel you guys with german language, had it in high school for 4 years can say is 'Ich weiss nicht'. And 'Hail Hitler!'

Guys, do you think Naja and Zaja Limited Edition would be available from somewhere else than magnetic-press store? Their shipping cost is huge.

Yeah, from what I know Forever War was published in 2009 but it's OOP, missed it but when it was printed I wasn't into comics that much; no plans for reprint but you never know. Don't speak german, it's devil's language, too hard to learn and being polish: we hate Germans
    What!? German is quite a beatiful language when written, mein lieber Freund, aber dein Hass ist zu groß, um es zu anerkennen. (Hipster levels at 100% now)

I understand, I'm Dutch I had German classes at my school for 3 years, and I still don't even know how to order drink properly. Believe me tough when I say that Dutch is a terrible language to learn too
    I once heard a fellow Spaniard, who lives in Holland, say that Dutch is Donald Duck's language. xD

But super hard to learn. Btw I like Rammstein a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    What!? German is quite a beatiful language when written, mein lieber Freund, aber dein Hass ist zu groß, um es zu anerkennen. (Hipster levels at 100% now)
    Gonna take a shot at translating this:
    My dear/sweet friend, but your house is too big, to explore it (?)
    It helps that a lot of German words are similiar to Dutch words so it gets easier to understand written texts. Talking gets harf
    I once heard a fellow Spaniard, who lives in Holland, say that Dutch is Donald Duck's language. xD
    A very accurate description. I think Spanish is a very interesting language (it's definitely one of the "coolest" languages), I'd really wish I could speak it like my sister can.

Ok, pre-ordered Uniwersal War One, very good price on UK Amazon, only 13,44.

Fantastic Member

Guys, do you think Naja and Zaja Limited Edition would be available from somewhere else than magnetic-press store? Their shipping cost is huge.
    Check eBay, but they are very limited, so I don't sure. Still thinking about Zaya limited (bought only Naja for now)

Gonna take a shot at translating this:
    My dear/sweet friend, but your house is too big, to explore it (?)
    It helps that a lot of German words are similiar to Dutch words so it gets easier to understand written texts. Talking gets harf

A very accurate description. I think Spanish is a very interesting language (it's definitely one of the "coolest" languages), I'd really wish I could speak it like my sister can.
    Almost. Hass = Hate (in this case not seriously, but you get my point). "House" is written as Haus. Anerkennen can mean "explore", but in this case it is "admit" or "reckon". But you nailed the rest of it.

And hey, it's never late to learn Spanish!

Almost. Hass = Hate (in this case not seriously, but you get my point). "House" is written as Haus. Anerkennen can mean "explore", but in this case it is "admit" or "reckon". But you nailed the rest of it.

And hey, it's never late to learn Spanish!
    I knew house was wrong, just didn't knew any word I almost completely guessed the sentence because the words are similiar to Dutch. This is the Dutch translation: mijn lieve vriend, maar jouw haat is te groot, om te erkennen (house=huis and explore=verkennen).

I'm actually considering taking some Spanish lessons one day, sooner or later