Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
    Anybody going to get this 'Blueberry' edition?

What will be the size (Height & Width)?
    According to this site (in Dutch) it's going to be 19,3 x 25 cm, so it's a bit smaller than the original albums.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    According to this site (in Dutch) it's going to be 19,3 x 25 cm, so it's a bit smaller than the original albums.
    Thanks aaltomuoto..

Could you please post the spine pic of 'The Collector' along with 'Sharaz-De'?

Thanks aaltomuoto..

Here you go...

BANNED

Can someone explain why Rebellion which owns 2000 AD release bigger collections of their IPs such as Nemesis the Warlock, Rogue Trooper, Slaine, Judge Dredd, Ballad of Halo Jones, etc?

I understand IDW has released Judge Dredd reprints, which i own, but why doesn't Rebellion try and get these big fat hardcovers out?

Thanks aaltomuoto..

Whoops, I totally forgot
    Luckily MartinNL has my back

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Can someone explain why Rebellion which owns 2000 AD release bigger collections of their IPs such as Nemesis the Warlock, Rogue Trooper, Slaine, Judge Dredd, Ballad of Halo Jones, etc?

I understand IDW has released Judge Dredd reprints, which i own, but why doesn't Rebellion try and get these big fat hardcovers out?
    Well, to be fair, they have been pushing more hardcovers out of the door in the last few years, with still a few more to be released by the end of this one and some more already confirmed for 2015, so they are on the up and up with newer titles at least. But you are right that this isn't completely true of their "big" IP's, especially when starting with the early days. Interestingly enough, the only big two series' that have had a consistent line of hardcovers for several years now is Slaine, starting when Clint Langley took over as artist and continuing next year with the first collection of Simon Davis' recent work, and the A.B.C Warriors, which also began when Clint Langley was brought on as artist. Both of these series' are written by Pat Mills, a man who's quite the advocate of the way other European countries (especially France who have a really impressive collection of Charley's War) publish their comics as opposed to here in the UK. That isn't the reason for why we don't see more great looking releases from 2000AD though, I think.

Rather, I'd guess - and this is pure guesswork because I don't believe 2000AD ever share annual sales figures (a crying shame too; I'd really be interested to know how many units of the comic they sell here in the UK after what happened to kids comic, The Dandy) - it's because there simply hasn't been a big enough market for them until the 2012 Dredd film, which is the specific point that this push for nicer books published by themselves and IDW seemed to have began. Just this year they've even been publishing a few series' in the US comic format again in an attempt to attract new readers, something which I'm certain will also continue into next year. And hell, the Prog even got a new makeover for the first time since 2011 about six weeks ago in an effort, its designer said on a podcast, to emphasise the logo a lot more and make it a much more recognisable brand on their books and merchandise and so on, which I'm sure will be especially helpful with the new Dark Judges online series kicking off next year(?), and hopefully if a sequel to Dredd is made in the future.

Hope that answers your question...maybe? It's not as bad as I probably make it sound and actually, if it's a nicer collection of some of the more famous IP's you're looking for, one thing I've saved mentioning until now is that the A.B.C Warriors have had two additional hardcovers released this year in addition to another Clint Langley illustrated one: The Mek Files. Exact same idea as the Complete Case Files of Judge Dredd and similar softcovers for other series' but in lovely, larger hardbacks (I think all of 2000AD's hardbacks are oversized when compared to their softcovers by the way due to the changes in size of the Prog over the years) with colour spreads marvellously restored, a trend sure to continue should these be a success. And should these four amazing looking Zentih collections be a success too, then I'm sure the likes of The Ballad of Halo Jones and other shorter series' with a famous author or artist's name tagged on to it getting a similarly good looking edition isn't completely off the table either. And finally, though exclusive to the UK for the time being (and admittedly on shaky ground seemingly due to poor sales in their test areas scattered around the UK), if enough of us subscribe to or buy Hachette's new collection of hand-picked Judge Dredd stories, I'm sure that's a thing that could go international in the same way as their Ultimate Marvel Collection, which is most certainly a lovely line of hardcovers, a similar success of which could only only lead to more great books being published by 2000AD and IDW.

Okay, done now.
    Last edited by Endsville; 11-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Here you go...
    Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Whoops, I totally forgot
    Luckily MartinNL has my back
    Thanks Guys..

Pretty cool new trailer from Titan Comics' release of Fabien Nury's Chronicles of Legion vol. 1 HC.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post

I don't quite understand the first question. Do you mean why rebellion doesn't release or does release? And are you talking about US releases Vs UK releases?

Anyway I fully second insights of Endsville.

Default Asterix Domaine des Dieux French deluxe

My main catch of last weeks, Astérix Le Domaine Des Dieux French Deluxe oversized edition:
    IMG_2015.JPG

It is slightly bigger than the "Grande Collection" edition (here also compare with the regular size edition):

IMG_2016.jpg

It contains the story in its recolourized version + lots of bonus (synopsis, scrip excerpts ..) and the Uderzo's original material for the ENTIRE story!

IMG_2017.jpg
    Last edited by vark; 11-08-2014 at 08:56 AM.

Here are three more pictures (more detailed description on my blog in a few weeks):

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2020.jpg

IMG_2021.jpg

Default Wika Deluxe Edition

I am a huge fan of Olivier Ledroit's art, which is kind of unique. If you can say about Geoff Darrow that is art is overdetailed, one could say about Olivier's art that is both overdetailled and overcharged (but lets not forget that his original pages are A1/A0 real paintings, with collage).

So this year his new series Wika has been published by Glénat in May, and in December is scheduled an oversized limited numbered (French) deluxe edition with additional art both for the story and bonus section.

On this website are some pictures of Wika original art exposed at Gallerie Glénat in Paris last Spring (scroll down to the fourth and fifth news), for me (I was there) it was absolutely breathtaking http://theevilsnest.com/sources/accueil.php.

Also, a German (regular) edition is now confirmed (no date yet).

SelfMadeHero just announced their spring 2015 line-up of books including Aama vol. 3, but also.... drum roll.... Pablo in a collected edition hardcover. Yes Julie Birmant and Clément Oubrerie's story of Pablo Picasso's life. I've read 3 of 4 volumes so far and cannot recommend it highly enough. It's very well written and the art is just stunning!

Last edited by MartinNL; 11-11-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Fantastic Member

LOVE this thread! i'm having a hard time getting proper recommendations regarding european comics/bds, so this thread and the 9th blog have a new dedicated fan! keep it up, guys.

Do you know when Corto Maltese collections would be released?