Page 15 of 55 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    LOVE this thread! i'm having a hard time getting proper recommendations regarding european comics/bds, so this thread and the 9th blog have a new dedicated fan! keep it up, guys.
    Ur welcome. The blog is a little slow, since we're all very very very busy :-/

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Do you know when Corto Maltese collections would be released?
    The first softcover volume that contains six short stories will be published 3rd of December!

Corto Maltese:
    UNDER THE SIGN OF CAPRICORN
    by Hugo Pratt
    Translated by Simone Castaldi and Dean Mullaney

Includes the first six inter-related short stories Pratt created in France in the early 1970s:

“The Secret of Tristan Bantam”
    “Rendez-vous in Bahia”
    “Sureshot Samba”
    “The Brazilian Eagle”
    “So Much for Gentlemen of Fortune”
    “The Seagull’s Fault”
    TPB, 140 pp., 9.25” x 11.625”
    ISBN: 978-1-63140-065-0, $29.99

http://www.eurocomics.us/

@Martin I though you know a little bit more...HC collections, they have a plan to release Corto in HC, right?

And another question: would you recommend Manara work or not? I know there are 5 HC's collecting his work plus another 3 with more adult stuff - Click etc - but I'm not sure is it any good.

Fantastic Member

@Martin I though you know a little bit more...HC collections, they have a plan to release Corto in HC, right?

And another question: would you recommend Manara work or not? I know there are 5 HC's collecting his work plus another 3 with more adult stuff - Click etc - but I'm not sure is it any good.
    I recommend Borgias with Jodorowsky. His art style is beautiful, but that is the only thing I've read by him I think so it's all I can recommend.

Hehe, I know nothing about those HC collections, just that two softcovers will be collected into one hardcover. When? Don't know. IDW haven't dropped any news about those hardcovers unfortunately. But if you've never read any Corto, just get this softcover. It's fantastic and should serve as an excellent taster of things to come.

As for Manara... I've never read any of the stories he was on art duties. I don't think they're my thing. I just don't like his art.

I'll wait for HC's, don't like to buy same stuff twice.

Just remebered: I've seen Manara work in Sandman and it was good, very good. My kind of art, but I don't know is he a good writer as well.

And the first picture of the actual book. Due in 3 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL

Do they say yes yes like that throughout the entire series? Because that would get annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Do they say yes yes like that throughout the entire series? Because that would get annoying.
    Haha... No just Corto is taking the mickey here. Trust me these 6 stories are all brilliant.

All-New Member

Can't wait for these! I only have one Corto Maltese album that collected only 2 or 3 short stories, if I remember correctly.

Amazing Member

image.jpg

Just arrived from The Netherlands.
    Mostly to complete some collections - all in dutch
    De Killer
    W.E.S.T.
    Blacksad
    Largo Winch
    Tardi - Great Slaughter (dutch)
    Van Nul tot Nu
    De Killer

New
    Stomp
    Mexicana
    & Marvano - Berlijn, Grand Prix, Joodse Brigade

I was wondering if any of you on this thread sometimes order French comics from France through international shipment, and at which shipping price. Because I have discover recently that to promote French culture, French Public postal service La Poste offers a permanent international shipping offer from France on books and the likes with unbeatable prices:
    tarif livres brochures.jpg
    And this offer is for everyone (be it professional seller or individual). So I wonder for example if the likes of amazon.fr, FNAC.com or French individual ebay sellers offer these shipping prices.

Here is the link (French page sorry) to the offer in case someone is interested to dig further http://www.laposte.fr/entreprise/pro...s-et-brochures

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    I was wondering if any of you on this thread sometimes order French comics from France through international shipment, and at which shipping price. Because I have discover recently that to promote French culture, French Public postal service La Poste offers a permanent international shipping offer from France on books and the likes with unbeatable prices:
    tarif livres brochures.jpg
    And this offer is for everyone (be it professional seller or individual). So I wonder for example if the likes of amazon.fr, FNAC.com or French individual ebay sellers offer these shipping prices.

Here is the link (French page sorry) to the offer in case someone is interested to dig further http://www.laposte.fr/entreprise/pro...s-et-brochures
    Pretty sure amazon charges 6 euro, French books or not.

Can I confess I don't like Blacksad? As a Spaniard I should be delighted by the fact that two Spanish authors are behind the most popular BD nowadays. But no. I just don't like the comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Can I confess I don't like Blacksad? As a Spaniard I should be delighted by the fact that two Spanish authors are behind the most popular BD nowadays. But no. I just don't like the comic.
    I've recently heard about the stories being so so with good art. Might see it for myself soon.
    BB

I only just read the first three Blacksad books but i really liked 'em. I guess the stories could be better but theyre by no means bad and the overall tone and atmosphere created was just something i really enjoyed.

Fans should also checkout Bryan Talbots Grandville series. Art isnt as impressive but it all hits a similar vibe.