Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorktron View Post
    Crusades HC

Thanks much!
    Missed this post earlier, but Crusades is good. It does take a last act turn that kinda spoiled the book for me, but all in all, worth the purchase. I would have actually suggested the somewhat similiar Millenium as a better alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Missed this post earlier, but Crusades is good. It does take a last act turn that kinda spoiled the book for me, but all in all, worth the purchase. I would have actually suggested the somewhat similiar Millenium as a better alternative.
    Thanks! I actually just bought Millennium too.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Halfway through Child of the storm and I'm kinda ho-hum 'bout it.
    The art is good but the style is not my favorite (it resembles yhe kinda fan art that deviantart is filled with but done in a professional way. Not bad just something rubs me the wrong way about it).
    The story is okay but nothing spectacular, the main kid is flat and some characters and events are kinda random (the love subplot) and sometimes seems like scenes are missing, events are a bit confusing or just too quick.
    I've put it back on the shelf for now, gonna see if I finish it later.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Halfway through Child of the storm and I'm kinda ho-hum 'bout it.
    The art is good but the style is not my favorite (it resembles yhe kinda fan art that deviantart is filled with but done in a professional way. Not bad just something rubs me the wrong way about it).
    The story is okay but nothing spectacular, the main kid is flat and some characters and events are kinda random (the love subplot) and sometimes seems like scenes are missing, events are a bit confusing or just too quick.
    I've put it back on the shelf for now, gonna see if I finish it later.
    Aw man, that is one I was really stoked for and was going to read it over my vacation. Throne of Ice is also getting mediocre reviews. Oh well, I suppose I can always sell them if they suck.

Aw man, that is one I was really stoked for and was going to read it over my vacation. Throne of Ice is also getting mediocre reviews. Oh well, I suppose I can always sell them if they suck.
    Always take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Also, I applaud Humanoids that they publish these books, not just the Moebius-Jodo-otherfamousguys stuff, but these relative new ones.

Always take my opinion with a grain of salt.
    Also, I applaud Humanoids that they publish these books, not just the Moebius-Jodo-otherfamousguys stuff, but these relative new ones.
    Yes, I hold Humanoids in high esteem, too. I always check their website for upcoming releases because their book quality is always impressive.

I bought swords of glass and Redhand recently from Humanoids, and disappointed by both books. I am going to take a break from Humanoids title for now, my impulse buys are not working out these days! And I still have quite a few books I bought and that I haven't read yet to quench my thirst for euro-comics (Servitude #4, Ekho #2, etc.).

Currently reading District 14 season 2 (still awesome) and a thought occured to me. Bigoodee is speaking half english half french but this book was originally written in french. So...how does he speak in the original version then?

BANNED

I finally own a copy of the Incal!!!!!

Currently reading District 14 season 2 (still awesome) and a thought occured to me. Bigoodee is speaking half english half french but this book was originally written in french. So...how does he speak in the original version then?
    Half French, half English, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Half French, half English, I guess.
    that's a bit weird, because in the original version he is enlgish but in the english edition he is french then

Anyway:
    Anybody has any info on the english language Zagor tpb? I can only find 2 places to buy it: amazon.com and Forbidden planet.com.
    My questions would be: is it a normal sized paprback or smaller? Is the content good? Is it gonna be released properly?

I actually received a copy of Koma in the mail today, which I totally spaced I ordered about a month ago. Flipping through it, it looks fantastic. Has anyone read this?

I actually received a copy of Koma in the mail today, which I totally spaced I ordered about a month ago. Flipping through it, it looks fantastic. Has anyone read this?
    never heard about it. Let us know if it's good.

Great book. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Amazing Member

Yes Koma is good. I bought it blindly just out of my love for books from humanoids and liked it....only complaint was it was not hardcover.. Actually there are a few more such blind buys - softcovers from Humanoids that I liked and finished in single sittings... Flywires, Dominion, ..
    Last edited by Maximus; 07-01-2015 at 01:06 PM.