Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

It seems like the standard hc of Technopriests is back in print! I swore I would get this the instant it comes out but I have a bit of a Jodorovsky fatigue at this point so hopefully this printing is gonna last a few months.
    Also, I think the complete Bouncer is coming out in a few weeks as well. Could somebody tell me how much of a mind#&>{ is that series?

It's not a mind#&>{ at all, it's even more straightforward than Son of the Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    It's not a mind#&>{ at all, it's even more straightforward than Son of the Gun.
    mindsexualintercourse is not necessarily not straightforward storytelling. In case of Son of the gun for example, when the least troubling part of the story is when a transvestite small person finds a baby with a dog tail in a dumpster and puts a gun in his mouth. Although maybe the rest is just playing on the edge of good taste for a very thin payoff.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Also, I think the complete Bouncer is coming out in a few weeks as well. Could somebody tell me how much of a mind#&>{ is that series?
    Bouncer is the most straightforward thing that Jodorowsky has ever written. It has some symbolism, but it quietly enhances the story rather than drives it on another level. I recommend the Bouncer stories without reservation-- one of the best western sagas in comics. And Bourq's art is to die for.

Bear in mind that I, too, do not like Son of the Gun, despite being a big Bess fan. Bouncer is the good Jodo that puts story first, symbolism and allegory second.

Quote Originally Posted by FanboyStranger View Post
    Bouncer is the most straightforward thing that Jodorowsky has ever written. It has some symbolism, but it quietly enhances the story rather than drives it on another level. I recommend the Bouncer stories without reservation-- one of the best western sagas in comics. And Bourq's art is to die for.

Bear in mind that I, too, do not like Son of the Gun, despite being a big Bess fan. Bouncer is the good Jodo that puts story first, symbolism and allegory second.
    thanks, probably gonna end up buying this first, Technopriests later.
    Oh, Universal War one hc is also out this week I think. That's a must have IIRC, right?

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

Oh, Universal War one hc is also out this week I think. That's a must have IIRC, right?
    That I don't know. I'm only familiar with the Marvel editions when they had the deal with Soleil, and I passed them up at the time.

Spectacular Member

Just read I Killed Adolf Hitler. Quick, fun read. My first Jason, too. Defnitely gonna check out his other books.

It seems like the standard hc of Technopriests is back in print! I swore I would get this the instant it comes out but I have a bit of a Jodorovsky fatigue at this point so hopefully this printing is gonna last a few months.
    I want to pick up Bouncer but... I see on amazon that is a paperback and not and hardcover

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuller View Post
    I want to pick up Bouncer but... I see on amazon that is a paperback and not and hardcover
    Humamoids website lists it as a hc.

http://www.humanoids.com/album/648#.VgzE18n6jqA

I read the first Marvel edition and it is interesting, worth the read.

Fantastic Member

Anyone know read Jodorowsky and Bess' Anibal 5? Can't find any reviews for it.

Eurocomics USA invasion posted a review about Anibal 5 which said it's a good, fun read, recommended.
    Also, according to Humanoids these are all back in print.

Oh hell, yes: Francois Schuiten to draw a Blake and Mortimer album:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/10/...-and-mortimer/

(though I find the Jim Lee comparison somewhat inappropriate)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Anyone know read Jodorowsky and Bess' Anibal 5? Can't find any reviews for it.
    Quite enjoyed it. Much better and straightforward than Son of a Gun. Being a satire, it's also quite funny.

What's normal price for White Lama? 18 quid?