Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

And a few more pages of Jan Cleijne's Legends of the Tour...

Do also check out this review The Guardian did last Sunday. http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...tour-de-france

"Oh, what a fantastic book this is. Not only is it a wonderfully concise history of the Tour, its competitors' stoicism and skullduggery displayed to compelling effect, it is quite ravishing to behold. I adored it – and the last time I rode a bike, I was on my way to take my finals."

Last edited by MartinNL; 06-23-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Titan Comics is bringing Druillet's Lone Sloane to English next year! At least this popped up on amazon... It's the second volume of the series, so hopefully Titan Comics will bring us more than just this volume.

"800 years after a catastrophic event called the "Great Fear", Lone Sloane, a troubled space traveler, is captured by an entity called "He Who Seeks", after his space ship is destroyed. The entity transports him to different dimensions, where he faces a myriad of Lovecraftian challenges!
    A Sci-Fi Ulysess, forced to endlessly wander through the universe"

Some French preview pages to marvel at the art...

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Titan Comics is bringing Druillet's Lone Sloane to English next year! At least this popped up on amazon... It's the second volume of the series, so hopefully Titan Comics will bring us more than just this volume.
    Druillet! Looks like Titan is getting serious about their Euro reprint program
    The first volume of the series (originally published in 1966 by Editions Losfeld) has only been reprinted once, way back in 1977. Since it's not even available in French at the moment I doubt it will be part of the Titan reprints. It's not a big loss as far as I'm concerned, since it's really early work by Druillet and looks pretty amateurish.

BANNED

I ordered these following comics: Naja, Zaya, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (this counts as a Euro comic, right?), the Collector, Ring of Nibelung and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. (Simon Bisley art, blimey!)

Thanks again for those recommendations!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    In the general hardcover thread some questions were raised as to which editions of Tintin to get. There's some editions that collect multiple volumes, but these are just too small to read. Don't buy them, but instead get the Egmont editions that are released in their original European album size of 29.4cm (12"). These editions are always in stock at amazon.co.uk for pretty good prices. Right now one volume is less than £8. Below are the links to all of them on amazon.co.uk. You may pick up volume 1-3 later and start at Cigars of the Pharaoh. Volume 4-5, 11-12, 13-14 and 16-17 are double albums with a continuing story arc.
    First: thank you for the list
    second: would you say the 3-in-1, small editions of Tintin are similar to the smaller, 300 pages long edition of Incal, or worse?
    Last edited by Balakin; 07-05-2014 at 03:01 PM.

I'd like to pick up the French version of "the Girl with the Dragon tattoo".Amazon and ebay search turned up nothing.

As a big cycling fan, I picked up Legends of the Tour automatically, and would agree with all the reviews I've seen of it. It's fantastic.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    As a big cycling fan, I picked up Legends of the Tour automatically, and would agree with all the reviews I've seen of it. It's fantastic.
    My Dad is big into cycling too, so I gave it to him for his birthday. He really seemed to enjoy it as well, and he doesn't normally care for comics/GNs.
    A nice gift for the serious cyclist in your life

Couple pages back I posted about Meka by Magnetic Press. Check out the trailer they put out. I have to say this one didn't seem quite that interesting to me, but having watched the video I'm now pretty excited about that book too.

Last edited by MartinNL; 07-14-2014 at 01:50 PM.

I wonder why there is no limited edition version of Meka?

OMG.... Look at this!

Only question is "why in TPB?"

Also look at that Eurocomics logo... Will this be the start of IDW bringing us more European classics?

I came here to post that same thing.
    YES.
    BB

Library of American Comics?

Quote Originally Posted by aaltomuoto View Post
    Library of American Comics?
    Yeah what's up with that? Corto has nothing to do with American Comics and the logo on the front cover clearly states EuroComics.