Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

WOOOHOOO!!!

I've wanted to read Corto ever sense I heard about it and held off on the release from two years ago when I heard how botched it was.

Apparently Corto will also be released in 6 hardcovers....

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...7#awesomeshare

"The series will also be released in a matched set of six original art-sized limited edition hardcovers, each containing the equivalent of two of the trade paperbacks."

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Yeah what's up with that? Corto has nothing to do with American Comics and the logo on the front cover clearly states EuroComics.
    Hadn't noticed that. Probably a typo in previews then, they happen all the time

Apparently Corto will also be released in 6 hardcovers....

http://us1.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...7#awesomeshare

"The series will also be released in a matched set of six original art-sized limited edition hardcovers, each containing the equivalent of two of the trade paperbacks."
    Hmm, must... resist... purchase...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

That Son of the gun book looks nice, anybody read it?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    That Son of the gun book looks nice, anybody read it?
    Nope haven't read it, but it's Jodorowsky with Bess so that's a must buy for me.

I really enjoyed reading Fish too, but 11$ is a little expensive though for 24 pages stapled comic. I highly recommend Leaning Girl... check a few pages back for a video and some background story.

I have already purchased Arsene Schrauwen from the Fantagraphics kickstarter. And I'm also getting Pascal Rabaté's Street View and The Third Testament volume 2. Undecided yet on Shamanism, but since I already have so many books in August I might get that one later. I enjoyed Baranko's Jihad, so going on that I would probably like this one too. Choices choices...

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Nope haven't read it, but it's Jodorowsky with Bess so that's a must buy for me.
    I had the same thought exactly. I saw those names and I became immediately interested. I'll probably get it if I don't buy much else that month
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

I feel very fortunate that in the three years or so since I made a point to seek out European comics that the translation and publication of all this material has really started revving up here in the U.S.

Spectacular Member

Anybody get a copy of Naja? Amazon market place has copies, but IST and CGN never did offer it for sale. Hate to think I missed it.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Anybody get a copy of Naja? Amazon market place has copies, but IST and CGN never did offer it for sale. Hate to think I missed it.
    It says it shipped on the distributor's website... It's in stock at book depository, and the european amazon sites. Perhaps it will show up next week at IST, CGN, TOW etc?

My Naja order on the German amazon says it will be shipped on the 2nd of August.

Things are getting better and better with Titan Comics. Not only did they promise to publish two eurocomics every month starting September, but they'll be publishing an omnibus of Universal War One!!! The book has previously been published by Marvel's Epic imprint, but now a completely new omnibus edition from Titan Comics is on it's way early in 2015. Also I don't know how they do it, but it will just be $25.99 http://www.amazon.com/UNIVERSAL-WAR-...dp/1782762388/

Things are getting better and better with Titan Comics. Not only did they promise to publish two eurocomics every month starting September, but they'll be publishing an omnibus of Universal War One!!! The book has previously been published by Marvel's Epic imprint, but now a completely new omnibus edition from Titan Comics is on it's way early in 2015. Also I don't know how they do it, but it will just be $25.99
    That is really nice, to bad i've read it, i would be more interested in the second series.
    Oversized book that would really make me happy is Orbital by Runberg & Pellé, really liked the art on those panels, and the story ofc.
    Anyway, on holidays as of now, a lot of catch ups to do.

Quote Originally Posted by maeda View Post
    That is really nice, to bad i've read it, i would be more interested in the second series.
    Oversized book that would really make me happy is Orbital by Runberg & Pellé, really liked the art on those panels, and the story ofc.
    Anyway, on holidays as of now, a lot of catch ups to do.
    Let's hope that publication of Universal War One is an indicator of Titan also publishing Universal War Two in the future. It was up to Bajran himself to decide to which company he would sell the English language rights, so hopefully that's the same for UW2. I'm not sure how that works now that Casterman is publishing that series and UW1 was by Soleil. UW2 started of very promising though and I can't wait for the second volume later this year.

And regarding Orbital.... That series is published by Cinebook in English at 28.7x21.7cm softcovers, so you might want to delve into that. Not sure how censored that would be, since Cinebook have a habit of censoring art. http://www.cinebook.co.uk/index.php?cPath=175
    Last edited by MartinNL; 08-05-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Just found this topic today, of course I love Eurocomics!
    My alltime favourites are:
    - The Incal (+ Before Incal + Final Incal)
    - The Saga of The Meta-Barons (+Castaka)
    - Valérian and Laureline
    - Bouncer (by jodorowsky)
    - Hatzfeld tetralogy (by Bilal)

I strongly recomend them all!