Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I noticed Before The Incal is being reprinted as a HC trade edition.
    Humanoids also list an upcoming HC trade of the Incal but theres no mention on Amazon. This seem right?

Getting confused with all these editions...

Those are just reprints of the standard comic sized HC's, not new editions. The Incal should be around it's fifth printing or something by now.

Incredible Member

Finally got a shipping notice for Naja and Zaya. I had basically lost interest and was about to just straightup cancel my orders.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Finally got a shipping notice for Naja and Zaya. I had basically lost interest and was about to just straightup cancel my orders.
    From amazon? I krdered Naja from wordery.com and they say it shipped a week ago. Zaya is coming in my DCBS box this month.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I posted some pics of both a few of days back in General omnibus thread. They are both gorgeous.

Halfway down the page
    http://community.comicbookresources....vol-II/page134

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    From amazon? I krdered Naja from wordery.com and they say it shipped a week ago. Zaya is coming in my DCBS box this month.
    I ordered from Chapters. I got them both for less than $19 each, then like two days after I ordered they shot up by a few bucks and then went OOP, so I was really worried they'd never get filled. I got my tracking numbers, so I'm all set now.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I posted some pics of both a few of days back in General omnibus thread. They are both gorgeous.

Halfway down the page
    http://community.comicbookresources....vol-II/page134
    Yeah, I saw those. I would have bought the slipcase editions if they was more different than just having a slipcover and a print. Still very nice though.

I just finished Naja. I thought the ending was very confusing but I think I managed to get my head around it all just before the epilogue. Overall it's a terrific read but the art is stronger than the story, I thought. 9/10.

It's not a collected edition nor even a physical book, but if some people here were after "tasting" French series Requiem, vampire Knight By Pat Mills and Olivier Ledroit, the English version of volume 1 is now on comixology here for only 3.99$ https://www.comixology.com/Requiem-V...s-series/27517.
    More insight about that comics on Pat Mill's site and blog http://millsverse.com/. Olivier Ledroit is our own (not so) hidden jewel in France.

Would like to show you one of my favourite comics of all time. Thorgal has been with me in my childhood and is right now, will collect all issues and spin offs at some point. Story is a mixture of Norsk legends and myths with Daninken's so-called 'science'. Art is brilliant, very lush and colorful, artist name is Rosinski

Second one is a complete edition of Szninkiel, art by Rosinski again. Very violent, with mature content, comic introduced me, well, tits when I was very young, and here I am, many years later.

I'm going to Poland next month and hoping to pick up some things, like Bilal's Nikipol's Trilogy HC, maybe few issues of Thorgal, maybe something else, will see. I don't know have these been published in english.

Also, I'm looking for Joe Haldeman's Forever War comics. Has any of you heard about some collection HC or even SC published in english?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Would like to show you one of my favourite comics of all time. Thorgal has been with me in my childhood and is right now, will collect all issues and spin offs at some point. Story is a mixture of Norsk legends and myths with Daninken's so-called 'science'. Art is brilliant, very lush and colorful, artist name is Rosinski

Second one is a complete edition of Szninkiel, art by Rosinski again. Very violent, with mature content, comic introduced me, well, tits when I was very young, and here I am, many years later.

I'm going to Poland next month and hoping to pick up some things, like Bilal's Nikipol's Trilogy HC, maybe few issues of Thorgal, maybe something else, will see. I don't know have these been published in english.

Also, I'm looking for Joe Haldeman's Forever War comics. Has any of you heard about some collection HC or even SC published in english?
    The Forever War was published in English in 3 softcovers a long time ago. Good luck finding them for a decent price. Hasn't there been a complete edition in Polish? Or if you know German, being from Poland, I guess you might have gotten that in school, there a complete German edition too. http://www.amazon.de/Der-ewige-Krieg...+krieg+marvano I have it in Dutch and dammit it is fantastic!!

Nikopol Trilogy was also published in English a long time ago, but like The Forever War, good luck finding that too. Chninckel I loved too, but has not been published in English

I only recently started in Thorgal, but so far have only gotten two volumes. Loved them both, so will definitely keep on reading those. They have been published in English in softcover by Cinebook. They are notorious for their censorship, so people should keep that in mind. But I guess if you don't have the original material you won't notice.
    Last edited by MartinNL; 08-31-2014 at 02:04 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    The Forever War was published in English in 3 softcovers a long time ago. Good luck finding them for a decent price. Hasn't there been a complete edition in Polish? Or if you know German, being from Poland, I guess you might have gotten that in school, there a complete German edition too. http://www.amazon.de/Der-ewige-Krieg...+krieg+marvano I have it in Dutch and dammit it is fantastic!!

Nikopol Trilogy was also published in English a long time ago, but like The Forever War, good luck finding that too. Chninckel I loved too, but has not been published in English

I only recently started in Thorgal, but so far have only gotten two volumes. Loved them both, so will definitely keep on reading those. They have been published in English in softcover by Cinebook. They are notorious for their censorship, so people should keep that in mind. But I guess if you don't have the original material you won't notice.
    Hasn't Thorgal also been translated to Dutch? Maybe those are not censored
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Hasn't Thorgal also been translated to Dutch? Maybe those are not censored
    Yeah I know I'm buying those, but I guess those are useless to everyone that doesn't speak Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

Yeah, from what I know Forever War was published in 2009 but it's OOP, missed it but when it was printed I wasn't into comics that much; no plans for reprint but you never know. Don't speak german, it's devil's language, too hard to learn and being polish: we hate Germans

Nikipol Trilogy will be picked from Poland, somebody got it for me.

I have to say, it's very nice forum, lots of helpful people and stuff.

How those Thorgals look like, what they contain?
    Last edited by lvizzz; 08-31-2014 at 02:38 PM.

Yeah, from what I know Forever War was published in 2009 but it's OOP, no plans for reprint but you never know. Don't speak german, it's devil's language, too hard to learn and being polish: we hate Germans

Nikipol Trilogy will be picked p from Poland, somebody got it for me.

How those Thorgals look like, what they contain?
    In Dutch the Thorgal series books look the same as the Polish books above. Don't know about the English softcovers, but I guess you'd better stick your Polish hardcovers because they look really good.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Yeah, from what I know Forever War was published in 2009 but it's OOP, missed it but when it was printed I wasn't into comics that much; no plans for reprint but you never know. Don't speak german, it's devil's language, too hard to learn and being polish: we hate Germans
    I understand, I'm Dutch I had German classes at my school for 3 years, and I still don't even know how to order drink properly. Believe me tough when I say that Dutch is a terrible language to learn too
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47