Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Michael24 View Post
    Another article I read last night stated it will be a limited series of four issues instead of an ongoing, since it's an anthology. It will probably be similar to the Rocketeer Adventures they did, which consisted of two 4-issue volumes. So if these first four issues do well, maybe we'll get another four issues sometime next year.

I like the anthology idea to fill in gaps and answer fans' questions better than trying to essentially do a Back to the Future IV in comic book form.
    On right only 4 issues? I thought it was going to be a proper ongoing series. Guess it the first four do well they might do more.

I couldn't find the same article I saw last night, but this one here also mentions it being a four-part series.

http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/07/id...-comic-series/
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Doesn't matter if it's a four part series or not to me it's going on my pull list anyway. Maybe we'll get a full blown ongoing out of it if the four parter does well enough.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I hope that they actually take advantage of using comics as a medium for time travel stories. For example, if Doc & Marty are jumping around a period of time in a given storyline in a series of issues, the linear run that follows those two's continuity might read in one order, but seem jarring when trying to keep track of other characters who they run into. Yet, because it's separate floppies instead of a trade, the reader can reshuffle those issues in the storyline to match instead the sequence that matches the perspective of, say, George McFly. Now the story makes perfect sense from the alternate protagonist's viewpoint –*but has these two time travelers now leaping in and out of the tale in a seemingly-confusing, out-of-order fashion. In a film, a viewer couldn't do that (even a DVD can't do that sort of chapter-shuffling); even a TV series would be loath to try such matters. But a comic book can alert the reader to read and re-read a sequence of issues that way (and actually market the individual issues vs. trade-waiting) on that that premise of the medium and so make the story more than the sum of its parts!