Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Whatever happened to Simon Baz?

He was kind of all over the place a few years ago, and then just kind of disappeared while I wasn't looking. Can anyone some up his whole deal for me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gorblax View Post
    He was kind of all over the place a few years ago, and then just kind of disappeared while I wasn't looking. Can anyone some up his whole deal for me?
    He was yet another GL in a world that didn't need another GL.

I was hoping to get an actual non-sarcastic answer. You're being the guy your avatar says not to be.

Simon Baz will probably show up in the Mobius vs Darkseid war.

BANNED

I was hoping to get an actual non-sarcastic answer. You're being the guy your avatar says not to be.
    That was the real answer. The GL books dropped in sales (and interest) after Johns left and so any place a writer needed a Green Lantern she pretty much used one of the previous better-known ones. There was no specific storyline saying where he went or anything.

Mighty Member

The last place he showed up was Red Lanterns #37, I think.

Theoretically he should be stuck in the same universe as every other Green Lantern in Lost Army, but I have not heard if there are plans for him in that book. Maybe he's one of the few exceptions who's still in the main universe, but again nobody's mentioned any plans for him.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

He's right though. Simon Baz was a Geoff Johns creation unveiled right at the end of his run on GL. The subsequent creative teams haven't known what to do with him resulting in the odd guest appearance. There was always the possibility that that would end up being the case. Especially now that the GL franchise has contracted down to the three titles. You'll see him again in crossovers etc.
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-08-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    He was yet another GL in a world that didn't need another GL.
    So true, great answer

I liked Simon, but we really need to reign in the Lanterns. I love them, but I'd like to see them take on some other intergalactic foes than each other. (I'm behind in the book, so maybe this is happening, but that was my last impression of the series.)

Spectacular Member

DC should really kill off a couple lanterns (and not bring them back after a couple weeks).

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

He was created for the wrong reasons and now DC dropped him like they do with half their characters who aren't iconic or silver age.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greenish lantern View Post
    DC should really kill off a couple lanterns (and not bring them back after a couple weeks).
    Don't say that around any of the John Stewart crowd. Not after this nearly happened a couple of years ago:

http://http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/03/21/fialkov-left-dc-comics-over-plans-to-kill-off-john-stewart-dcs-black-green-lantern/
    Last edited by WillieMorgan; 07-08-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Spectacular Member

They can't kill Stewart, he's one of the few great black characters DC has. Even if they had killed him, he would have been back in less than six months. I'm talking about killing off someone for a bit longer.

This might be a controversial statement, but... honestly? Out of Hal, Guy, Kyle, and John... I think Hal should have stayed dead.

BANNED

He's time is up. We're never seeing Baz again and I don't understand how someone can say that there shouldn't any more Lanterns. They're an intergalactic police force, they are always recruiting.