Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well for once, we had a real powerhouse in Wonder Woman with the Justice League War movie, she went up against Darkseid in close combat and I did believe it!

With Bekka, well, she's just a regular flying woman who wields a sword and has an average super-strength.
    She did not strike as being Wonderous to me. If she created shockwaves when she hits, anything of that kind, I would have been satisfied. But once again, it's Superman that dominates everything here, I'm just sick of it.

BANNED

Third wheel, that's all I have to say. She just kind of delivered banalities while Superman and Langstrom dealt with important stuff. And like the user above said, power-wise she didn't seem very impressive, her sword was more important than she was.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Well for once, we had a real powerhouse in Wonder Woman with the Justice League War movie, she went up against Darkseid in close combat and I did believe it!

With Bekka, well, she's just a regular flying woman who wields a sword and has an average super-strength.
    She did not strike as being Wonderous to me. If she created shockwaves when she hits, anything of that kind, I would have been satisfied. But once again, it's Superman that dominates everything here, I'm just sick of it.
    well JL war personality was crap, Gods and monster is much better on the context. punch a dumb darkseid mean very little to me

I don't think she showed as much power as Superman, but if your main criteria for a character is how powerful they are then you're missing a lot. She easily had the best characterization of the three, making her far more interesting than that world's Superman. And her fight scenes were cool, a sword that can spoilers:
    teleport your enemy to the sun
    end of spoilers is just awesome, seriously awesome. She's no Diana, but for an elseworld's deal I liked this version of Wonder Woman. I really liked her origin story too, don't want to spoil that and it was also the best of the three. My only problem with it was her story didn't really have much relevance to the films plot compared to Superman's or Batman's, but frankly having three origin stories that different and distinct all tie into what's going on would take a hell of a writer. So yeah, I liked Bekka as WW in this. Hope to see her adventure back on New Genesis and Apokolips in the future.

It's not what I said, I said that the character is called Wonder Woman, thus, she should have something wondrous about her and her abilities do count for something in that.
    Otherwise, don't call her Wonder Woman if in the power department she's not that powerful.

This alternate Superman still has all the powers of the classic Superman and it's totally believable, but this Wonder Woman is just another regular "flier who wields a sword and has an average super strength".
    I was not wowed by her, wasn't in awe at all, not even moved by her story, but hey, that's just my opinion.

When are they gonna have the balls to show what a powerhouse Wonder Woman really is? Because it's a package deal, she has the power but she has the heart too and I'm tired of seeing a power weakened WW in her animated version when you know that in the comics, she is treated like a real powerhouse to whom the only "kryptonite" are the likes of Superman who is one of the only few who "could stop her", I think those were the words of Batman when he showed Kal Diana's empty box.

That's what I wanna see in Wonder Woman. A loving, compassionate warrior with the might and power of a goddess that she is supposed to be now. This is not what I saw in Bekka. I want to see WW finally on the same level as Superman in the power department, because if they can put Supergirl in there, there's no reason why there wouldn't be Wonder Woman.

I think that's a little overly simplistic. Bekka isn't just a blunt instrument in this movie. She has a personality and one that stands out compared to the others. And unlike Superman and Batman in this movie, she deals with more personal drama. She's the only one who really sheds a tear over the things she's endured. And she's still a capable fighter, as the first scene against the terrorists show. Plus, those teleportation skills with her Mother Box are nicely utilized. It helps even more in the prequel comics.

It's not what I said, I said that the character is called Wonder Woman, thus, she should have something wondrous about her and her abilities do count for something in that.
    Otherwise, don't call her Wonder Woman if in the power department she's not that powerful.

This alternate Superman still has all the powers of the classic Superman and it's totally believable, but this Wonder Woman is just another regular "flier who wields a sword and has an average super strength".
    I was not wowed by her, wasn't in awe at all, not even moved by her story, but hey, that's just my opinion.

When are they gonna have the balls to show what a powerhouse Wonder Woman really is? Because it's a package deal, she has the power but she has the heart too and I'm tired of seeing a power weakened WW in her animated version when you know that in the comics, she is treated like a real powerhouse to whom the only "kryptonite" are the likes of Superman who is one of the only few who "could stop her", I think those were the words of Batman when he showed Kal Diana's empty box.

That's what I wanna see in Wonder Woman. A loving, compassionate warrior with the might and power of a goddess that she is supposed to be now. This is not what I saw in Bekka. I want to see WW finally on the same level as Superman in the power department, because if they can put Supergirl in there, there's no reason why there wouldn't be Wonder Woman.
    Well in watching the movie, I think Bekka shows more love and compassion than any other character. She really got emotional when she recalled what happened with Orion. She's the only one I think got emotional. She also has some sass, but I think that's a good thing because it helps set her apart. And to be fair, there was only so much she and the others could do within the timeframe of the movie. There will be more stories in the Machinima series that comes out next year. So she could still become that Wonder Woman you want her to be. She's still a very new, underdeveloped character. But I think she's done enough to show that she's worthy of the title.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Sorry, but your definition of what it means to be "Wonder Woman" is silly on your part. In fact, considering that this is Bruce Timm's project, I don't recall the animated DCU version of Diana to be a powerhouse in the same league as that version of Superman, either. Maybe you're opinion is more in line with the comic book version of Diana than the animated version? Also, "New God" Bekka as "Wonder Woman" proved herself to be multi-layered (like Diana), strong (like Diana), a skilled warrior (like Diana), possesses a moral code that makes her unique amongst her people (like Diana), has a strong connection to friends and family (like Diana), can fly (like Diana) and possesses a unique artifact that helps her in her fights (like Diana's). And, in the film, Bekka proved herself tough enough to toss aside both men and heavy machinery, and proved herself to be loyal to her colleagues (like Diana). Motivations aside, Bekka is worthy of the title Wonder Woman.

But, if you want "Female Superman", knock yourself out. After all, differences of opinions is a good thing to have.

She really did love Orion.

Being a powerhouse does not take away anything from WW, I just dont understand why they are not willing to show her like that, that's all.

And you must make a choice, you can't say "Sorry, but your definition of what it means to be "Wonder Woman" is silly on your part" and then end up your response by " After all, differences of opinions is a good thing to have". The last line seems to be a bit hypocritical.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Sorry, but your definition of what it means to be "Wonder Woman" is silly on your part. In fact, considering that this is Bruce Timm's project, I don't recall the animated DCU version of Diana to be a powerhouse in the same league as that version of Superman, either. Maybe you're opinion is more in line with the comic book version of Diana than the animated version? Also, "New God" Bekka as "Wonder Woman" proved herself to be multi-layered (like Diana), strong (like Diana), a skilled warrior (like Diana), possesses a moral code that makes her unique amongst her people (like Diana), has a strong connection to friends and family (like Diana), can fly (like Diana) and possesses a unique artifact that helps her in her fights (like Diana's). And, in the film, Bekka proved herself tough enough to toss aside both men and heavy machinery, and proved herself to be loyal to her colleagues (like Diana). Motivations aside, Bekka is worthy of the title Wonder Woman.

But, if you want "Female Superman", knock yourself out. After all, differences of opinions is a good thing to have.
    I take it that you're talking about the comic book Bekka written by DeMatteis which I also kind of enjoyed, however in the movie she was absolutely none of those things. Bekka wasn't quite as plugged-in as Superman and Batman, she didn't really know what the hell was going on before Superman filled her in on what he and Langstrom were doing, she didn't participate in the decision making, she just slept with Steve to extract information. And her dialogue was like "I'm a strong woman, I'm in control, I belong to no man...I just sleep with all the men, I take orders from a man and in the end I'm gonna take off with a man!"
    Last edited by Aula_Magna; 08-03-2015 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I take it that you're talking about to the comic book Bekka written by DeMatteis which I also kind of enjoyed, however in the movie she was absolutely none of those things. Bekka wasn't quite as plugged-in as Superman and Batman, she didn't really know what the hell was going on before Superman filled her in on what the he and Langstrom were doing, she didn't participate in the decision making, she just slept with Steve to extract information. And her dialogue was like "I'm a strong woman, I'm in control, I belong to no man...I just sleep with all the men, I take orders from a man and in the end I'm gonna take off with a man!"
    Regarding the last point, it's not like she was going to be able to take on New Genesis all on her own, so I think it's fine that she went along with Lex Metron.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Aula_Magna View Post
    I take it that you're talking about to the comic book Bekka written by DeMatteis which I also kind of enjoyed, however in the movie she was absolutely none of those things. Bekka wasn't quite as plugged-in as Superman and Batman, she didn't really know what the hell was going on before Superman filled her in on what the he and Langstrom were doing, she didn't participate in the decision making, she just slept with Steve to extract information. And her dialogue was like "I'm a strong woman, I'm in control, I belong to no man...I just sleep with all the men, I take orders from a man and in the end I'm gonna take off with a man!"
    she didn't slept with all the men, and sleeping with many men really means she doesn't belong to anyone :P
    she could had being more active on the resolution of the mistery

The movie and the comics look interesting. Im going to try to pick them up this week.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Regarding the last point, it's not like she was going to be able to take on New Genesis all on her own, so I think it's fine that she went along with Lex Metron.
    Absolutely, but the point is that everything about Bekka in the movie had to do with men in one way or another. I am so hungry for strong female characters that actually march to the beat of their own drum as opposed to these hollow cookie cutter chicks that parrot the tired old "strong-female" platitudes such as:

"I belong to no man"
    "i'm in control"
    "I sleep with all the men in the world and it's nobody's business"
    "I'm a 80lbs woman but I'm no less badass because of it"