Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jason is still getting a lot of attention. Why Diana put that more on Diana or at least balance it

"Everything is going to be fine...I just know it."

Adios, JASON!

Nobody should be surprised by the outcome that James has been setting up, since Page One of 'Children Of The Gods'. It ends with Diana crying out in grief-stricken shock and protest at something she will see Jason do, ..or something that she will see happen to him. I'm guessing it will be heroic and probably saves the Justice League, Diana, Washington, Donald Trump and the universe, as we know it, ..but, it will be an exit for Jason. This has been coming, and we should not be surprised.

Everything is going to be fi-iii...whenever you read that or hear it in a movie, it's always a segue for everything going really, REE-ALLY wrong.

I think it'll be temporary, though, ..and I'll you why. Artemis checked out on us, in "Fall Of An Amazon", before resurfacing in a spin-off miniseries. I think it's going to go a similar way for Jason. After a short, heroic death, he'll turn up alive, like Artemis did, ..just in time for his DC Direct action figure to be marketed alongside the Wonder Woman 1984 merchandise.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-22-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Cute art. Love the last page of the preview where Diana is striking King Best.

Too bad these Dark Gods are sooooo boooooring. (After Darkseid, this is the second stony-faced god-like individual she’s struck in like 3 or 4 issues. A little variety please!)

Adios Jason. We’ll hold your Elysium homecoming at Taco Whiz and spread your ashes at Elexinor and save your armor and Polly for your inevitable rebirth or clone - whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Cute art. Love the last page of the preview where Diana is striking King Best.

Too bad these Dark Gods are sooooo boooooring. (After Darkseid, this is the second stony-faced god-like individual she’s struck in like 3 or 4 issues. A little variety please!)

Adios Jason. We’ll hold your Elysium homecoming at Taco Whiz and spread your ashes at Elexinor and save your armor and Polly for your inevitable rebirth or clone - whichever comes first.
    Jason has no last name, which I find a little annoying. Do you think it might be 'Redshirt'?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Jason has no last name, which I find a little annoying. Do you think it might be 'Redshirt'?
    For a comic named Wonder Woman, you seem to be highly preoccupied with the Jason character, which many on this board can't stand.

I don't know. He's had far too much page time and attempted characterization to make him a redshirt...perhaps we need a new term for this type of sacrificial trope, like magentashirt or something.

"Everything is going to be fine."

Jason, you and Ranma Saotome need to learn something called Murphy's Law. Particularly when you say something like that.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I wonder if the flash forward of Diana being all "brother...no!" at the beginning of the run was originally going to be something else, but now they are just gonna kill Jason off? Lol, he hasn't exactly been received with open arms by the fandom. Nobody will miss him.

Steve Trevor looks ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Jason is still getting a lot of attention. Why Diana put that more on Diana or at least balance it
    Honestly, Mizuno, I think Jason's got to go! I think his destiny lies elsewhere in the DCU, and that his meeting the JLA was a prelude to him popping up, outside of the WW comic. I think there will soon be enough writers of other comics lined up to use him, in their stories, to keep Jason busy, elsewhere. I can't wait for Jason to find a fanbase, outside of the WW comic, like Donna Troy's.

Diana is about to get her comic, back. Count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    For a comic named Wonder Woman, you seem to be highly preoccupied with the Jason character, which many on this board can't stand.
    Sure am!

When I used to watch Lynda Carter's show, in the 70s, that Wonder Woman had a sci-fi superhero companion, named 'Andros', created for the show. The two of them together was something like how Azzarello pairing Diana, with a well-mannered Orion, might have gone. Andros was a great, recurring character, male, super-powered, popular enough to bring back twice and did nothing to take away from Lynda's performance - great concept! By comparison, while I'm not thrilled about how Jason is being used in the WW comic, I love the idea of him ..and think it's wa-aay long-overdue.

Check out 'Mind Stealers From Outer Space', from Season Two of the 70s WW TV show. You'll see what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I don't know. He's had far too much page time and attempted characterization to make him a redshirt...perhaps we need a new term for this type of sacrificial trope, like magentashirt or something.
    Jason Magentashirt...I love it. It would be stone-cold HILARIOUS, if the Grim Reaper started following him around, ..like Lookee in the She-Ra cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    "Everything is going to be fine."...
    I laughed maniacally (more maniacally than usual), when I read that line. Like, "James...seriously?!" Cue ominous music. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wonder if the flash forward of Diana being all "brother...no!" at the beginning of the run was originally going to be something else, but now they are just gonna kill Jason off? Lol, he hasn't exactly been received with open arms by the fandom. Nobody will miss him.
    Oh, not true! Don't let the boards fool you...

Prince Jason has a loyal following of James Robinson and Geoff Johns fans of long-standing. We may not be as vocal, as his critics, but, we communicate privately on social media, while making sure that people at DC Comics know, well, who we are. Maybe, we should be more confrontational, ..but, who knows?

All I can say is that ..it sure was sweet, seeing Jason interacting with Kara. Thanks, James.

Anyway, if "Fall Of An Amazon" is any indication of how positive fan interest is repaid, ..I don't think any of that's going to change the outcome of this 'Dark Gods' thing, for Jason. I think Mister Wonder is headed straight for a fridge, ..coming soon, in a comic near you! Then...ACTION figures! Ha'ha-aa!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-24-2018 at 05:43 AM. Reason: style

Anyway, if "Fall Of An Amazon" is any indication of how positive fan interest is repaid, ..I don't think any of that's going to change the outcome of this 'Dark Gods' thing, for Jason. I think Mister Wonder is headed straight for a fridge, ..coming soon, in a comic near you! Then...ACTION figures! Ha'ha-aa!
    If they do kill him off, they have developed him enough that he will die doing something selfless and heroic.

Therefore not a fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    If they do kill him off, they have developed him enough that he will die doing something selfless and heroic.

Therefore not a fridge.
    The established female characters, who typically get fridge scenarios, don't usually die heroic deaths. I don't like how she died in that "Fall", and I think it was extremely exploitative, but, you could argue Artemis wasn't a fridge case, ..because she, at least, went out fighting. If Jason's death looks anything like hers, I guess we can't call him one, either.

Point taken, Gael.

Jason or no Jason, ..does anyone really want to see Wonder Woman and Steve going it, alone?

I think this story arc would have been SO much more interesting, with Etta giving Jason a hard time and embarrassing nicknames...with Jason finding a kindred spirit in Ferdinand, who could relate to his feeling out-of-place or weird or whatever, ..amidst all of the cosmic, enigmatic Children Of The Gods/Darkseid War stuff. I think the last eighteen or so issues might have gone so much more dramatic and funny and dynamic, ..if the narrative had featured interaction between more characters. She was such a fun, quirky, group-oriented heroine, in the Golden Age, and more recently in Greg Rucka's run! Are Diana and Steve enough to drive a truly great WW story?

TWO more issues! I am bristling!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-24-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've said a lot in his defense mainly because I like his design. Currently I'm reading Justice Society of America: The Next Age (excellent so far) and he'd be perfect for a large ensemble team book like that full of legacy characters. However I won't miss him cluttering up my Wonder Woman comics at all.
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 06-24-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Reading this comic, up to now, you wonder how someone as reckless, as Jason, was ever the captain of a ship ..or managed his own fishing enterprise, employing other people, in Greece. That would require a very different personality, I think - at least, someone, who occasionally mentioned worry for how his business was doing, back home.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-24-2018 at 06:33 PM.