View Poll Results: What do you think of Queen Clea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her! One of my favorite villains ever!

11 39.29%
  • I like her in a few select appearances, but she could be better.

10 35.71%
  • I don't like Queen Clea, she's a rubbish supervillain.

3 10.71%
  • Who's Queen Clea?

4 14.29%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default VILLAINS! Your Thoughts On: QUEEN CLEA!

Queen Clea is one of the few enemies of Wonder Woman that can actually hold her own physically. There's also word of her reappearing in the upcoming Seven Kings storyline, which would make sense as she was Queen of the Atleantean city Venturia. What does everyone think of this aquatic heavy-hitter?

I'm personally a huge fan of Queen Clea. I think there's a lot of potential to be had with a villain who is Diana's physical rival, as well as a royal title for the Atlanteans. I've been craving a Wonder Woman/Aquaman team-up against Queen Clea for quite some time. I also think she's a better fit for leader of Villainy Inc. over Eviless. So, yeah... in my opinion, she has all the traits of a great female supervillain. I just wish she'd be used to her potential.

I really applaud Phil Jimenez for dusting off characters like Clea, Angle Man, Giganta, Dr. Poison, etc. It's something not very many Wonder Woman writers have done unfortunately.

Recommended Reading:
    • Wonder Woman (1st series) #8 - first appearance
    • Wonder Woman (1st series) #28 - joins Villainy Inc. with Wonder Woman's rogues gallery
    • Justice League of America (1st series) #135 - recruits Penguin, Blockbuster, and Ibac to aid in her efforts to take back Venturia
    • Wonder Woman: Our Worlds At War #1 - flashback; first appearance of post-crisis Clea and her original Villainy Inc.
    • Wonder Woman (2nd series) #179-183 - Land of the Lost; Clea forms the second Villainy Inc. in order to conquer Skartaris
    • Wonder Woman (2nd series) #184 - in the past, battled Hippolyta (as Wonder Woman) and Miss America (Diana)
    • Wonder Woman (3rd series) Annual #1 - joined Circe's army of supervillains to battle Wonder Woman

Other Villain Threads:
    Cheetah
    Angle Man
    Villainy Inc.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I've loved Queen Clea since JLA #135. I was thrilled when Phil brought her back during his run on Wonder Woman. I wonder if there's any chance she'll appear in the upcoming Aquaman Annual that also features Wonder Woman?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Awesome villain. A total badass. I very much want to see more of her.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

What powers should she have with the trident?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What powers should she have with the trident?
    I think it should have a variety of magical abilities like:
    -energy projection/shields
    -provide enhanced strength, speed, durability, etc. for user
    -provide flight & levitation of objects/self
    -be virtually unbreakble w/ capability to pierce most objects
    -provide extreme water-bending and manipulation of water as liquid, ice, mist/gas, and even some bloodbending
    -allow for control of marine life of both animals and plant-life

This combined with Clea already being the Queen of her own nation should make her a formidable foe for not only Wonder Woman, but other heroes like Aquaman and even the entire Justice League. It should also place her among the elite of DC villainy.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I think it should have a variety of magical abilities like:
    -energy projection/shields
    -provide enhanced strength, speed, durability, etc. for user
    -provide flight & levitation of objects/self
    -be virtually unbreakble w/ capability to pierce most objects
    -provide extreme water-bending and manipulation of water as liquid, ice, mist/gas, and even some bloodbending
    -allow for control of marine life of both animals and plant-life

This combined with Clea already being the Queen of her own nation should make her a formidable foe for not only Wonder Woman, but other heroes like Aquaman and even the entire Justice League. It should also place her among the elite of DC villainy.

Hey should she keep these powers when not with the trident?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Hey should she keep these powers when not with the trident?
    Nah. Without the trident, I think she should be have the abilities similar to the Atlanteans. Maybe, since she is Queen of her own kingdom, she can have abilities that may be unique to her people and since she is of royal blood perhaps Clea can have other abilities, but I wouldn't overdue them with her.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of her character.

All I know is that Queen Clea had better have a sizable appearance in the upcoming Rise of the Seven Seas event in Aquaman/Justice League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Think she belongs in Aquaman's gallery more than she does in Wonder Womans.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post

Just because she's Atlantean?

I get why one would think that, but she parallels Wonder Woman far more than she does Aquaman (who is only really similar in that they're both undersea Atlanteans). Her Venturians are the Amazons if they were complete misandrists. She's also one of the few WW enemies that can handle her physically as well as strategically.

Besides, it'll never happen. She's been a WW villain since 1944. Chances are she'll be in the Seven Kings storyline but as an opponent of Diana's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I get why one would think that, but she parallels Wonder Woman far more than she does Aquaman (who is only really similar in that they're both undersea Atlanteans). Her Venturians are the Amazons if they were complete misandrists. She's also one of the few WW enemies that can handle her physically as well as strategically.

Besides, it'll never happen. She's been a WW villain since 1944. Chances are she'll be in the Seven Kings storyline but as an opponent of Diana's.

I think it would be cool if when Clea debuts in the New 52, it's revealed that her Venturians were a group of Amazon extremists(even more so that those that participated in the sex-raids) that absolutely despise men and consider them to be on the same level as pigs. The split between the Venturians and the Amazons could have taken place so long ago that they were part of Atlantis before it sunk thereby giving them the same abilities as other Atlanteans. Perhaps it could even be revealed that Queen Clea is Hippolyta's sister and was a rival for her throne, thereby making her Diana's aunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post

Her parallel to Aquaman is in the same amounts as Zod is to Superman, yet we neither want or expect to see him pick a fight with Diana or Green Lantern without Superman being involved. The only thing that really connects her to Diana however is that they are of the same gender.

Or more likely; forgotten for the next 20 years or so. unless exported to trouble someone where it makes sense; as in Aquaman. And as in the scan above shows, is where her interests lies: Atlantis.

Her parallel to Aquaman is in the same amounts as Zod is to Superman, yet we neither want or expect to see him pick a fight with Diana or Green Lantern without Superman being involved. The only thing that really connects her to Diana however is that they are of the same gender.

Or more likely; forgotten for the next 20 years or so. unless exported to trouble someone where it makes sense; as in Aquaman. And as in the scan above shows, is where her interests lies: Atlantis.
    Why not make her an enemy to both Orin (or is it Arthur now) and Diana? It doesn't have to be an either or thing.