View Poll Results: What do you think of Queen Clea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love her! One of my favorite villains ever!

11 39.29%
  • I like her in a few select appearances, but she could be better.

10 35.71%
  • I don't like Queen Clea, she's a rubbish supervillain.

3 10.71%
  • Who's Queen Clea?

4 14.29%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Why not Hippoltya and Clea have close ties? I mean if we have Clea be in the Black Sea and she is Queen of the Black why not have the two Queen be friends? Or at least one thought they were friends.
    Personally, I kind of like the Amazons a little more remote than that with Diana being the first Amazon in millennia having contact with the outside world. It works a bit more thematically for me that way. So, essentially Diana would be the first to have contact with Queen Clea and any animosity and rivalry grows out of that situation and relationship. It helps keep Clea a Diana-centric villain, which I think is important, before becoming a Wonder family opponent. (That said, I'd love to see Donna Troy, Wonder Girl [whenever she returns], and Hippolyta to get specific villains of their own. I'm kind of sad the Myrina Black perished, because I could have seen some interesting storylines between her and Hippolyta...oh well.)

I'm not against Venturia trying to invade Themyscira after the Amazons are revealed to the world and there's a little more interaction between the Amazons and Patriarch's World. A Thunder Dome between the Queens could be quite awesome.

I guess we could have a time's past story of the Queen Clea and Queen Hippolyta meeting in antiquity before the Amazons ever went to Theymscira, but then Clea would need to be immortal. Hmmm...

This is pre-DCnU, but when Aquaman was rebooted the Atlanteans had weird thing/prophecy about blonde-haired offspring. That was part of the reason Arthur/Orin was cast out. There was an early monstrous ancestor named Kordax or something like that, towards the beginning of Atlantean history of being under the sea. I've always thought about introducing that with part of Clea's story two in parallel/juxtaposition to Aquaman and how she eventually gained power and rule despite that.

Anyway, just my personal preferences for handling Clea, AmiMizuno. Keep sharing the stories and ideas you like best! (I don't mean to shut down your ideas by sharing the things I've considered.)
    Last edited by WonderScott; 06-19-2018 at 06:58 AM.

She could be the daughter of Thetis the Goddess of the Sea. I mean she carries a trident why not make it have actually power. Like creating volcanoes, earthquakes. But Clea and her people are still not really interacting with people of the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    She could be the daughter of Thetis the Goddess of the Sea. I mean she carries a trident why not make it have actually power. Like creating volcanoes, earthquakes. But Clea and her people are still not really interacting with people of the outside world.
    I recall an old cartoon, in which a green-skinned Queen Clea was the immortal daughter of some sort of sea elemental. In it, she used her mystical scepter to infuse a colossal statue of Poseidon, with the nano-essence of an ancient Venturian weapon, ..creating Robo-seidon. Queen Clea's greatest moments, to date, may have been in that classic animated film, Wonder Woman's Island Of Doom.

I actually liked her better, than the Super Friends version.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-22-2018 at 05:25 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I recall an old cartoon, in which a green-skinned Queen Clea was the immortal daughter of some sort of sea elemental. In it, she used her mystical scepter to infuse a colossal statue of Poseidon, with the nano-essence of an ancient Venturian weapon, ..creating Robo-seidon. Queen Clea's greatest moments, to date, may have been in that classic animated film, Wonder Woman's Island Of Doom.

I actually liked her better, than the Super Friends version.
    Ooooooo Mel! I've long wanted to bring that Wonder Boy into canon and am close to figuring out how I'm going to do it.

I wonder we have another city that Venturia is trying to invade. Why should they want to invade? Maybe that city is closer to the amazons or keeping a monster? That Venturia and this another city was part of her kingdom which is the black sea but due to something it caused the kingdom to fall apart. Okay, this isn't on purpose but maybe when the Amazons had the sea parted caused something to happened in her kingdom? Like this caused her secrets to being exposed? ANd her hate grows.